I swear some fans will never get it

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hire this coach! Draft this player! Sign this free agent!

It doesn't matter.

Every player and coach who have passed through this organization for the last 28 years, most of whom you now hate because they failed to achieve the ultimate goal, were hired/signed by the general manager (Jerry) and director of player personnel (Stephen).

And guess what, they will hire/sign the next ones, too. Why? Because they gave themselves jobs-for-life.

Blame Dak like you blamed Romo, then blame the next QB. Blame Garrett and McCarthy, whatever you need to do. They're all symptoms of the disease.

As long as the cancer calls the shots, it doesn't matter.

Be glad for a 12 win season and an occasional wild card win, because that's as good as it gets. They have shown us their ceiling. How many decades does it take?

stiletto

Reaction score
Idealogues will blame players and coaches and I guess it's fun to debate the "in the moment" issues. Ultimately, all real sane fans know that nothing is changing until "he that shall not be named" (Lord Voldemort, Emperor Palpatine, etc) is dead.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I truly think we are headed for Campo-Era times after this. If the Green Bay game was a reflection of our true team, and Jerry is wheeling back the same team...we might not win 5 games. If something happened and the locker room turned toxic...and Jerry is wheeling back the same team, we might not win 5 games. And I mean...we're wheeling back the same team, plus one or two bargain bin players.

stiletto

Reaction score
I truly think we are headed for Campo-Era times after this. If the Green Bay game was a reflection of our true team, and Jerry is wheeling back the same team...we might not win 5 games. If something happened and the locker room turned toxic...and Jerry is wheeling back the same team, we might not win 5 games. And I mean...we're wheeling back the same team, plus one or two bargain bin players.
Ultimately what is the difference? I think it is probably more embarrassing to go 12-5 and lose the way the team did. For me it is worse than going 5-12. If you go 12-5, you just expect better. I am not sure what is worse. I know people think it is awesome to be 12-5 but I don't like Fools Gold or frozen pizza....

Chasing6

Reaction score

It doesn't matter.

Every player and coach who have passed through this organization for the last 28 years, most of whom you now hate because they failed to achieve the ultimate goal, were hired/signed by the general manager (Jerry) and director of player personnel (Stephen).

And guess what, they will hire/sign the next ones, too. Why? Because they gave themselves jobs-for-life.

Blame Dak like you blamed Romo, then blame the next QB. Blame Garrett and McCarthy, whatever you need to do. They're all symptoms of the disease.

Be glad for a 12 win season and an occasional wild card win, because that's as good as it gets. They have shown us their ceiling. How many decades does it take?
Funny thing is even if and when we win our next SB, they will blame the QB all the way up to being handed the trophy.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Ultimately what is the difference? I think it is probably more embarrassing to go 12-5 and lose the way the team did. For me it is worse than going 5-12. If you go 12-5, you just expect better. I am not sure what is worse. I know people think it is awesome to be 12-5 but I don't like Fools Gold or frozen pizza....
Yeah, there is no "at least we were there" this time. This was so bad that it erased all the Garrett years in one death stroke.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

It doesn't matter.

Our only hope is to live long enough for the Jones family to need a new stadium built and they cede some control to a real football person like Parcells back in '03.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Anybody that spends time in this forum and watches the games does not "get it"

If you "get it" what are you doing here? Is pointless.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The bottom line is easy: not one NFL team outside of Dallas would hire Jerry as GM or Stephen as Director of Player Personnel.

They've won 4 wild card games in 28 years. They'd have been fired a couple decades ago.

But I'm sure they'll figure it out this offseason. :rolleyes:

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
I'm here for entertainment, and commiserating with other old fans who remember when this team was special. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Nah, you feel you are different, but you are just another fan.

stiletto

Reaction score
Yeah, there is no "at least we were there" this time. This was so bad that it erased all the Garrett years in one death stroke.
It's all bad, I wouldn't rank it personally. I think some just have different thresholds. This year was the most hollow I've seen across the NFL though, I admit that. Most good seasons since Jimmy left are obvious Fools Gold/Frozen Pizza though. I think this year may have been more awakening than most though. I agree with that.

Zman5

Reaction score
Cosas-que-a-toda-persona-con-d%C3%A9ficit-de-atenci%C3%B3n-le-ha-pasado-7.gif

zenmastersauce

Reaction score

It doesn't matter.

That's true. I think Jerry's ego is too massive to give it up the right way but only his way. And even if we don't have Dak, Micah, Ceedee, people will still complain because they have a next guy is better idea when it reality not so much. We end up having talent but never utilize like we should.

plymkr

Reaction score
I agree. I think for me it was easier going 5-11 than this. This builds false hope and the letdown is severe. Well it has been the last 3 years. Next year I’ll know it’s bogus and go on vacation WC weekend.

We’ve maxed out at 12-5 with no playoff success. With no playoff success I’d rather be 4-13 or 5-12 but building a new core of players for the future. This running it back crap is worthless and I hope we bottom out next year with this core to force a rebuild.

BigD_95

Reaction score

It doesn't matter.

Nonsense - Jerry has built a very good team and has drafted very well. Got free agents and made trades to put a very good product on the field.

I even believe he has the right coaching staff or a good coaching staff in place. The flaw in all of this is thinking Dak is a top QB or even a bus driver. He isn’t. He doesn’t even play ok in these playoff games. He is downright awful. You can talk about the defense but last year the defense played fine. Dak is always awful. Until they realize this the team is not winning. He will never go through 3 or 4 playoff games without having an awful game that cost Dallas the game. I’m not talking about just playing ok. I would take that. He can’t make simple reads. He misses too many throws. Takes bad sacks. Turns the ball over. It’s almost like he is trying to lose he plays that bad. And if it was one time it wouldn’t matter. He does it every year in the playoffs

Asklesko

Reaction score
What? Dak isn't the root of all the problems? Dan Quinn isn't the reason we're where we are today? That's poppycock.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You don't know a damn thing about me.
We'll he's right about that one though. We all are "just another fan". Anyone who thinks he's something special is the real joke here. ;)

As far as Jerry goes I agree. That won't keep me from thinking about how I would do it and the things that could be done even with Jerry. I like my armchair GM skills. This ain't some life threatening issue. It's a hobby, a passion even. So despite the occasional hate week (like this last one) I won't forget why I started to like football and the Cowboys in the first place. And yes, Jerry makes it hard to remember that sometimes. :)