I swear some fans will never get it

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't think you'll find many fans out there that don't realize that Jerry and Family are the biggest problem. However, short of some PR disaster that embarrasses the Shield, they're not going anywhere. So all you can really do is hope they will make changes to the roster and coaching that will somehow catch fire. They have actually assembled a pretty solid roster. Yeah they need a thumper LB and some more up front on the D, but this was a roster that should have been able to go further than they did. They should have gone further the last 2 years as well. The one common denominator remaining outside of ownership is Dak.
They assembled a roster with no leadership and no heart. You punch them in the mouth and they fold. We'll see real teams this weekend play.

Blue64

Reaction score
Funny thing is even if and when we win our next SB, they will blame the QB all the way up to being handed the trophy.
This team will never win another SB.
JJ dies, Stephen takes over and he is the village idiot.
It will only get worse.

Rodney308

Reaction score
And how many would hire will mcclay who has basically led the draft for the last half decade and had a huge voice the last decade plus?
Well, we do know that for the past two years, multiple teams have requested to interview Will McClay. However, he has declined the interviews.

glimmerman

Reaction score
JJ knows this. Said he refuses to fire himself. Problem is that he knew some about football. You would think 28 years of on the job training he would get better at the job. He needs to hire the best coaches and staff give them good pay and good long contract. Sit back in your luxury box and count your money and watch your team. YOU STILL OWN THE TEAM JJ…

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hire this coach! Draft this player! Sign this free agent!

It doesn't matter.

Every player and coach who have passed through this organization for the last 28 years, most of whom you now hate because they failed to achieve the ultimate goal, were hired/signed by the general manager (Jerry) and director of player personnel (Stephen).

And guess what, they will hire/sign the next ones, too. Why? Because they gave themselves jobs-for-life.

Blame Dak like you blamed Romo, then blame the next QB. Blame Garrett and McCarthy, whatever you need to do. They're all symptoms of the disease.

As long as the cancer calls the shots, it doesn't matter.

Be glad for a 12 win season and an occasional wild card win, because that's as good as it gets. They have shown us their ceiling. How many decades does it take?
giphy.gif

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It doesn't matter.

Every player and coach who have passed through this organization for the last 28 years, most of whom you now hate because they failed to achieve the ultimate goal, were hired/signed by the general manager (Jerry) and director of player personnel (Stephen).

And guess what, they will hire/sign the next ones, too. Why? Because they gave themselves jobs-for-life.

Blame Dak like you blamed Romo, then blame the next QB. Blame Garrett and McCarthy, whatever you need to do. They're all symptoms of the disease.

Be glad for a 12 win season and an occasional wild card win, because that's as good as it gets. They have shown us their ceiling. How many decades does it take?
I get it and if I thought crying,
whining and throwing insults would change anything I might be in there with the ignorant......but, it won't change a thing so why bother. I love football, I'm gonna watch the games this weekend and enjoy them. I'll leave the fans that keep complaining, but are still here providing Jerry with relevance and ratings, go on being miserable....they deserve to vent their way.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely, he likes spending it and he needs it to keep coming in. We are so screwed with Prescott’s contract. And I don’t really think he’s the issue but the contract is. The Jones family really screwed themselves. Prescott was brilliant in negotiations. There is so much dead money. If they release him they have no choice, but leave him at quarterback and if they re-sign him it’s another six years of it. So, even if we wanted to change quarterbacks, the rest of the team will suffer. Or maybe it would be a wash if you really think about it. A rookie quarterback, making not much money while still paying Prescott huge salary.
It's a terrible situation. Man the price of contracts these days and everyone getting MARKET value will continue to be an issue

Lutonio

Reaction score
Nonsense - Jerry has built a very good team and has drafted very well. Got free agents and made trades to put a very good product on the field.

I even believe he has the right coaching staff or a good coaching staff in place. The flaw in all of this is thinking Dak is a top QB or even a bus driver. He isn’t. He doesn’t even play ok in these playoff games. He is downright awful. You can talk about the defense but last year the defense played fine. Dak is always awful. Until they realize this the team is not winning. He will never go through 3 or 4 playoff games without having an awful game that cost Dallas the game. I’m not talking about just playing ok. I would take that. He can’t make simple reads. He misses too many throws. Takes bad sacks. Turns the ball over. It’s almost like he is trying to lose he plays that bad. And if it was one time it wouldn’t matter. He does it every year in the playoffs
This is what I’ve been saying. The reputation of Jerry Jones is based mostly on previous behavior. He’s not meddling (or at least not making it obvious), hasn’t made any bone headed Roy Williams type trades, and has been drafting well.

Whoever is making personnel decisions assembled a team was good enough to win that game. The simple fact is Prescott blew it.

Like he always he does. That’s why opposing defenses and coaches mock him. That’s why elite receivers get frustrated with him like Dez/Cooper/Lamb.

But Jerry Jones will bring the same team back and cross his fingers because he knows he won’t live long enough to survive another rebuild. Trying again with the same group is HIS best shot. That’s the part he’s getting wrong in all this.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ultimately what is the difference? I think it is probably more embarrassing to go 12-5 and lose the way the team did. For me it is worse than going 5-12. If you go 12-5, you just expect better. I am not sure what is worse. I know people think it is awesome to be 12-5 but I don't like Fools Gold or frozen pizza....
16e161f7-b6cb-446e-94fd-01354d290fb7.jpg

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

It doesn't matter.

I agree.

In fact...Mike M just said the other day in his presser that we're a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM.

THATS what the Cowboys are trying to get you to understand. Stop equating WINNING a championship....to BEING a champion.

We've been waiting for a championship for SO long...and we've been champions this whole time and didn't even know it.

It's good to be the champ!

I think I'll go have me a coffee and a donut.

No....TWO donuts! A king deserves it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Nonsense - Jerry has built a very good team and has drafted very well. Got free agents and made trades to put a very good product on the field.

I even believe he has the right coaching staff or a good coaching staff in place. The flaw in all of this is thinking Dak is a top QB or even a bus driver. He isn’t. He doesn’t even play ok in these playoff games. He is downright awful. You can talk about the defense but last year the defense played fine. Dak is always awful. Until they realize this the team is not winning. He will never go through 3 or 4 playoff games without having an awful game that cost Dallas the game. I’m not talking about just playing ok. I would take that. He can’t make simple reads. He misses too many throws. Takes bad sacks. Turns the ball over. It’s almost like he is trying to lose he plays that bad. And if it was one time it wouldn’t matter. He does it every year in the playoffs
Strong current roster as well as good cap values. One of the top 3 teams this way, on product and low cost.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Anybody that spends time in this forum and watches the games does not "get it"

If you "get it" what are you doing here? Is pointless.
Keep supporting the Cowboys, there is always valid things to discuss.

When someone has closed his mind, he has to kind of approach his own attitude himself. That said, one doesn't mean we have to instead put of with stereotyped insults for a second. Just stand your own grounds here and report misconduct that ends being directed to yourself. Plenty of us aren't an ounce afraid of the bellowers. Enjoy your Cowboys.:starspin:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Our only hope is to live long enough for the Jones family to need a new stadium built and they cede some control to a real football person like Parcells back in '03.
That may well be one of Jerry's great grandson/granddaughter who is crapping in their diapers right now as we speak. Our only hope...doubt we will be here to enjoy it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, there is no "at least we were there" this time. This was so bad that it erased all the Garrett years in one death stroke.
There are 3 straight 12 wins seasons, 3 playoff appearances and a roster that actually has some very strong talent needing a couple more players to cover injured or replaceable needs, like linebacker.

With this thread's cry in one's beer view instead....give up!

Or see what is still the team, frustrated or not.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you're telling everyone to settle for mediocrity because of Jerry..... be happy they will never compete for more than regular season glory.

Sounds like a sound plan for losers.
If you’re a cowboy fan, we’re stuck with it. It’s torture. I know it welcome to Jerry land.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That may well be one of Jerry's great grandson/granddaughter who is crapping in their diapers right now as we speak. Our only hope...doubt we will be here to enjoy it.
:muttley: Great Grand Dad Jerry, can I have a Porche. It's made in Europe and they are coming into the NFL there. There's no speed limits on the Autobahns. I won't get run into and only have to blink my lights.