I think Dallas is not planning on winning this year and setting up HC to Fail *merged*

cowboyec

Reaction score
bull.
maybe they're clearing books because they...
a.) wanna keep ceedee,diggsy and parsons.
and
b.) to allow coach mccarthy to build this team/roster in his image.
purge the garrett RKG's.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
They are clearing the books for Payton next season. Might as well prepare yourselves. This season will be a WASH.......McCarthy is just a stand in until next season. Payton or Quinn next season. Post it right now.

sounds like my reds before the season even starts, with there pre season give aways, so nothing to get excited about. Why baseball is dead to me.

CWR

Reaction score
I dont buy that, and I don't buy SP will be available next season either. He's still under contract isn't he? Don't the Saints hold his rights for the duration?

Besides that Jerry always thinks we have a chance. He's old and senile. He's not throwing away a season, not intentionally that is.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
So, what will draft choices will Dallas need to fork over to the Saints, considering he will still have 2 years on his contract left? And it may be 3, if the NFL rules that the year off will not toll against NO.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They are clearing the books for Payton next season. Might as well prepare yourselves. This season will be a WASH.......McCarthy is just a stand in until next season. Payton or Quinn next season. Post it right now.
you have been on the ice star too long !!:p
payton isnt coming here, and quinn may not want the job. he may like being just dc.
None of what jones boys are doing now relate to getting ready for a new HC.

It is just the jones boys doing what they do.:laugh:

morasp

Reaction score
I posted a breakdown of the theBengals two year rebuild when they got rid of Dalton, Green, and Atkins and they had two bad seasons in 2019 and 2020. if the Cowboys could pull that off I wouldn't mind. Before that they were kind of like us, make the playoffs one and done, miss the playoffs, make the playoffs one and done. They kept core talent on offense and defense, drafted a few and the rest were free agents.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas is not planning on winning any time soon.

Fixed it for you

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you talking about? This is Jerry and Stephen doing what they do every year. The foundational piece of their football philosophy is to bring back as many familiar faces as possible.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Same thing was said last year so think I will wait at least until after the draft to start drawing a real conclusion.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I used to think the "Sean Peyton coming to Dallas" thing was just some ridiculous fantasy created by fans. All of a sudden, I watched a couple podcasts yesterday and heard Jesse Holly (on Hanging with the boys) and Newy Scruggs and Barry Church (on The Player's Lounge) talking about the possibility. It got me thinking "Wow, this could be becoming a reality." Jesse Holly even brought up how Jerry would have to give up a lot of control if that were to happen however said he feels Jerry would actually give Peyton all the control he needs.

Both Newy and Jesse said if that was to become reality, KM's play calling would be over. Newy even went even further saying he believes Mike McCarthy should be the one to be calling the plays this next season. He said (which is true) "If I'm going down, I'm going down swinging if I was the HC. I wouldn't want someone else controlling my destiny." Newy even went further saying "Why didn't MM take over play calling last year?"

So this could be happening people...

conner01

Reaction score
Fans are more excited about losing than winning around here it seems

Grenic

Reaction score
I posted a breakdown of the theBengals two year rebuild when they got rid of Dalton, Green, and Atkins and they had two bad seasons in 2019 and 2020. if the Cowboys could pull that off I wouldn't mind. Before that they were kind of like us, make the playoffs one and done, miss the playoffs, make the playoffs one and done. They kept core talent on offense and defense, drafted a few and the rest were free agents.
So we should wait till Dak is in his mid 30s?

visionary

Reaction score

thats been the plan every year for the last 26 years

thanx for finally waking up

LittleD

Reaction score
I actually agree. But why would we bother to sign Gallup or tag Schultz…might as well clear the books all the way..

Setting up Mac for failure and Payton for success. Jerry favors his boys.

visionary

Reaction score

this only works if you happen to land a Burrow otherwise you will be the Browns or the Texans

morasp

Reaction score
So we should wait till Dak is in his mid 30s?
No, draft his replacement, after 6 years he's pretty much Andy Dalton. If he stinks it up this year w/o Cooper they may decide making the playoffs and losing every couple years isn't going to get it done. On the flipside if he comes out and plays big in big games he's a keeper.

Last edited: