Twitter: I Think Dez is Coming Back

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then I think that you should have included that added detail to begin with rather than simply saying it was simply about the money, don't you?

Garrett's actions - and by extension his friend Linehan's - are well documented. I don't need to rehash them again for anyone that still wants to turn a blind eye to their history. I'm not about to try to force anyone to see what they choose not to.

But it does show that their decisions ultimately were shown to be poor ones. One after another after another.

If you're waiting to see that said in public, you'll be waiting forever. And taking their words at face value and everything they give you as the whole story is the opposite of taking things with a grain of salt. That's the true reality of it.

Dez Bryant may be a lot of things, but a liar is something I've never found to be one of them. Jason Garrett on the other hand, I've see him lie again and again and again.

But yeah, people can assume whatever they want to about it.
What I said was that they may have decided he wasn't worth the money. That doesn't somehow imply that only the on field performance would be part of that, and that his personality fit somehow couldn't be a factor.

The "documentation" you refer to is mostly just people reading what they choose into why people say, which is pretty common with fans and media.

As for the coaches/team making poor decisions, I don't disagree with that at all. They have made many.

I also don't disagree that we won't see the team publicly blaming Dez for all woes, but that leaves us - all of us, myself included - making assumptions and stating opinions that don't have any solid facts to support them. We all have our own thoughts, and that's okay, but we also should all be able to admit that we really don't know.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I said was that they may have decided he wasn't worth the money. That doesn't somehow imply that only the on field performance would be part of that, and that his personality fit somehow couldn't be a factor.

Despite that being exactly what it says? That's interesting. And false.

The "documentation" you refer to is mostly just people reading what they choose into why people say, which is pretty common with fans and media.

And some fans feeling an obligation to make excuses for the wrongs their favorite team does. Tale as old as time.

As for the coaches/team making poor decisions, I don't disagree with that at all. They have made many.

Sadly, yes.

I also don't disagree that we won't see the team publicly blaming Dez for all woes, but that leaves us - all of us, myself included - making assumptions and stating opinions that don't have any solid facts to support them. We all have our own thoughts, and that's okay, but we also should all be able to admit that we really don't know.

No, I don't know for sure. But I do know that the team outright released their #1 receiver over a month into the free agency process. Without giving him even the opportunity to agree to or to decline a paycut. That's not interpretation, that's fact. Fact which supports my opinion. As well as other facts about the histories of the coaches involved, and their own track records of having issues with their players and telling me lies. So then it becomes a question of character and trust, and who you want to believe.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He doesnt sound intelligent but he is not nearly as dumb as people think he is. In actuality he can hold a decent conversation and likely understands football better than our head coach the previous 10 year.
I agree. When I hear Dez talk I'm impressed. I'm honestly shocked he's not doing some form of podcast or after football work. He's good at it.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I was at the Seattle game in 2017, right behind the Cowboy's bench. I could see and hear it all.
I saw him pout on the sideline. I saw him jawing with players. I've seen him give up on plays in motion because a DB got in his head which was detrimental to the play. I've seen him whine for the ball, get the ball only to fumble it away. I have plenty of other examples, that's just one game.
Please don't compare him to Owens, he's a legit HOFer. Bryant couldn't work hard enough to stay healthy or learn route running.
I don't think he's a villain or necessarily a bad person - he's just not very smart.

yea well that season finale in 17 was maybe the most depressing game I have ever been to...Right up there with that Xmas day loss to the eagles in 06, or the texas stadium ender in 08 vs the ravens. That 17 game vs seattle had the most somber defeated atmosphere I can recall. It was the finality of one of the worst seasons in history. Nothing but nonsense that year.

I wouldn't use that game to compare to anything in Dez's career or anyone else's.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I agree. When I hear Dez talk I'm impressed. I'm honestly shocked he's not doing some form of podcast or after football work. He's good at it.
Here is one True Blue thing about Dez.

He loves and appreciates this bunch of bumbling owners of this team and the Star.

Despite they irrevocably damaged him financially and probably emotionally..

he still speaks highly of us all.

How do you hate a guy like that?

Look at Beasley. He just urinated all over everybody. Never walked it back.

Dez has walked it back and has tried to make up for it.

Verdict

Reaction score
Lol he had a horrible season and was making top 3 money. Some of you guys make me laugh. He wasn’t scapegoated. He got cut because he wasn’t performing to his contract demands

These guys don’t let facts get in the way of a good story!

Verdict

Reaction score

He loves and appreciates this bunch of bumbling owners of this team and the Star.

I don’t get all the excitement over a Dez return. It is only slightly more likely than Tom Landry’s body being exhumed and coaching for the Cowboys this year.

MikeB80

Reaction score

Beasley had nothing to walk back. He spoke the truth when he signed in Buffalo, then he backed it up by helping kick Dallas tail on thanksgiving.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite that being exactly what it says? That's interesting. And false.

And some fans feeling an obligation to make excuses for the wrongs their favorite team does. Tale as old as time.

Sadly, yes.

No, I don't know for sure. But I do know that the team outright released their #1 receiver over a month into the free agency process. Without giving him even the opportunity to agree to or to decline a paycut. That's not interpretation, that's fact. Fact which supports my opinion. As well as other facts about the histories of the coaches involved, and their own track records of having issues with their players and telling me lies. So then it becomes a question of character and trust, and who you want to believe.
Sorry, but that's not correct. A player's value does not exclude all factors but how well he runs and catches or is physically capable of performing tasks. That's proven by the fact that teams shy away from players with baggage all the time. It probably explains why it took Dez so long to find a team after being released. Behavioral issues clearly come into play.

As for making excused for the wrongs a team does, I literally just said the Cowboys make lots of mistakes, and you agreed with me. That's pretty contradictory in your post. And in my post before that I said they bungled the WR situation going into the 2018 season. The thing is, acknowledging that the team makes mistakes does not require believing anything anyone comes up with to call a mistake. That's not thinking, that's just blindly accepting because it's what a person wants to believe. Thinking requires looking at each case individually, and by doing that I can name a laundry list of mistakes the team has made, and also a laundry list of things people have claimed were mistakes that I either think are exaggerated or not accurate.

I will say one thing that I think sucked about how the Cowboys handled Dez. If they were going to release him, they shouldn't have waited so long. That made it harder for Dez to find another team. I suspect they wanted to let him go, but were hoping to find another option before doing so. If that's true, they screwed it all up. It might also be that they felt they would have a better bargaining position with other WR's if they still had Dez because they wouldn't appear as hard up for receivers as long as Dez was on the team. No matter the thought process, they screwed it up.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
yea well that season finale in 17 was maybe the most depressing game I have ever been to...Right up there with that Xmas day loss to the eagles in 06, or the texas stadium ender in 08 vs the ravens. That 17 game vs seattle had the most somber defeated atmosphere I can recall. It was the finality of one of the worst seasons in history. Nothing but nonsense that year.

I wouldn't use that game to compare to anything in Dez's career or anyone else's.
The meltdown was ironically before the game was won by Seattle. We had the lead. And that's just one game. Some fans can choose to put the blinders on, but Bryant was his own worst enemy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, but that's not correct. A player's value does not exclude all factors but how well he runs and catches or is physically capable of performing tasks. That's proven by the fact that teams shy away from players with baggage all the time. It probably explains why it took Dez so long to find a team after being released. Behavioral issues clearly come into play.

Then again, you should have mentioned that in your initial post. It was either an intentional omission or unintentional oversight in your original statement.

Just a likely a factor in Dez issue in finding another team is the fact that the Cowboys screwed him on when they released him. He was let go after the big money of free agency was spent.

As for making excused for the wrongs a team does, I literally just said the Cowboys make lots of mistakes, and you agreed with me. That's pretty contradictory in your post.

Admitting it in one statement doesn't mean that someone can admit it all the time. As we're seeing here.

And in my post before that I said they bungled the WR situation going into the 2018 season. The thing is, acknowledging that the team makes mistakes does not require believing anything anyone comes up with to call a mistake. That's not thinking, that's just blindly accepting because it's what a person wants to believe. Thinking requires looking at each case individually, and by doing that I can name a laundry list of mistakes the team has made, and also a laundry list of things people have claimed were mistakes that I either think are exaggerated or not accurate.

Or you can also have a tendency toward giving benefit of the doubt to the team as your go-to position? That's common among fans. Many people do not want to believe it when their favorite team does wrong. Some take that position to the extreme and to the point of willful ignorance and flat-out defense of every move the team makes.

I will say one thing that I think sucked about how the Cowboys handled Dez. If they were going to release him, they shouldn't have waited so long. That made it harder for Dez to find another team. I suspect they wanted to let him go, but were hoping to find another option before doing so. If that's true, they screwed it all up. It might also be that they felt they would have a better bargaining position with other WR's if they still had Dez because they wouldn't appear as hard up for receivers as long as Dez was on the team. No matter the thought process, they screwed it up.

Amen!
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get all the excitement over a Dez return. It is only slightly more likely than Tom Landry’s body being exhumed and coaching for the Cowboys this year.

Why does this position not surprise me in the least?
:huh:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Why does no media member mention that Dak is the biggest reason Dez isn’t here anymore. He said he needed WRs that he’d know where they’d be because of their precise route running.

Dak doesn’t have Romos accuracy to throw the back shoulder fade which is why their connection never worked. Romo said it in the first game he broadcasted in Dallas. Dez is about ball placement. Dak couldn’t do that.

I can’t imagine McCarthy wanting to go into a season where he’s trying to get control of the locker room and have to deal with Dez thinking he’s the golden boy.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
1bhnp1.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then again, you should have mentioned that in your initial post. It was either an intentional omission or unintentional oversight in your original statement.

Just a likely a factor in Dez issue in finding another team is the fact that the Cowboys screwed him on when they released him. He was let go after the big money of free agency was spent.

Admitting it in one statement doesn't mean that someone can admit it all the time. As we're seeing here.

Or you can also have a tendency toward giving benefit of the doubt to the team as your go-to position? That's common among fans. Many people do not want to believe it when their favorite team does wrong. Some take that position to the extreme and to the point of willful ignorance and flat-out defense of every move the team makes.

Amen!
:thumbup:
Again, I disagree. I don't think I have to define what goes into how a player is valued to say a team may place the same value on him they once did. Teams can use whatever criteria they choose to determine value, and I have no doubt that most everyone reading in hear understands that value can entail a lot of factors.

Even so, that's scemantics at this point. If I wasn't clear enough before, I've made it clear since, so this isn't a point to dwell on.

All the time? So, I have to agree that everything anyone calls a mistake is a mistake? Again, that's just blindly agreeing because that's what a person wants to believe. As I said, I believe in looking at each situation individually, and making up my own mind. How can anyone claim to be fair if they don't do that? That's why I agree some things were mistakes, and some things weren't. As I said before, acknowledging mistakes does not preclude thinking for yourself.

Of course nobody is free from their own thought process, whether conscious or not, but I think I'm pretty fair minded. What I will say is my go to is for there to be pretty concrete evidence in order for me to treat something as assured, and in the absence of that kind of evidence I don't ignore all other possibilities, as if what I prefer to believe is the only possible conclusion. Obviously I will state opinions that don't have concrete evidence, but I try to present it as such. In those cases I try to use words like "I suspect" or "I believe", or "obviously we can't know, but …"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, I disagree. I don't think I have to define what goes into how a player is valued to say a team may place the same value on him they once did. Teams can use whatever criteria they choose to determine value, and I have no doubt that most everyone reading in hear understands that value can entail a lot of factors.

I don't consider it the same thing at all. I think it's deceitful. Intentionally or unintentionally.

Even so, that's scemantics at this point. If I wasn't clear enough before, I've made it clear since, so this isn't a point to dwell on.

OK. Then let's not any longer.

All the time? So, I have to agree that everything anyone calls a mistake is a mistake? Again, that's just blindly agreeing because that's what a person wants to believe. As I said, I believe in looking at each situation individually, and making up my own mind. How can anyone claim to be fair if they don't do that? That's why I agree some things were mistakes, and some things weren't. As I said before, acknowledging mistakes does not preclude thinking for yourself.

No, much of it is very subjective, and no absolutes should be made either way. I just know that some tend to lean very much one way or the other. Self included.

Of course nobody is free from their own thought process, whether conscious or not, but I think I'm pretty fair minded. What I will say is my go to is for there to be pretty concrete evidence in order for me to treat something as assured, and in the absence of that kind of evidence I don't ignore all other possibilities, as if what I prefer to believe is the only possible conclusion. Obviously I will state opinions that don't have concrete evidence, but I try to present it as such. In those cases I try to use words like "I suspect" or "I believe", or "obviously we can't know, but …"

That seems more than fair. Although if I'm being honest, I would say that you give them more benefit of the doubt than I do. What would you say to that assessment?