Twitter: I Think Dez is Coming Back

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought "this isn't a point to dwell on"

Fair enough.
You said it wasn't either yet still said it was deceitful. But I guess I wanted the last word, and it really doesn't matter who gets the last word. It's yours if you want it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is what indicative of something?

I am sure his achilles is healed. He's not wearing a cast and he's running. So clearly it's better. But going out and running routes in controlled workout with Dak is a bit different than a real NFL practice and holding up over the course of a NFL season.

How much different is it in a "real practice"? I think you're reaching here, either it's healed or it's not. Either he can run or he can't. Clearly he can. He's healed.

People are seemingly trying to convince themselves that he's worthy of a roster spot based on these videos. In reality we likely have zero idea if he can still play at a level that would make it worth it to us to bring him back and give him a roster spot.

Sorry, but I haven't seen anyone saying "give him a roster spot", certainly not on the 55-man roster. I think that's a false narrative being pushed by the other side. People would like to see him given a chance, an opportunity, not a "roster spot".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been fairly transparent in stating Bryant is an attention seeking turd.

If nothing will change that position, why waste time posting? You've said your piece, you're dug in on your position. And as I said, he can't win with you no matter what he does.

"Say something once, why say it again?"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's worth noting the significance of the injury, even if it's healed. The 50/50 was his bread and butter. He's not all of a sudden going to be better than he was.

Nah, your agenda is clear. He can't win with you and there can be no positive news whatsoever. The agenda is on full display.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If nothing will change that position, why waste time posting? You've said your piece, you're dug in on your position. And as I said, he can't win with you no matter what he does.

"Say something once, why say it again?"
What are you the forum guidance counselor? I do what I want. Put me on ignore.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nah, your agenda is clear. He can't win with you and there can be no positive news whatsoever. The agenda is on full display.
You're observant. It only took you 3 years to marvel your way to this conclusion. Do you stay up at night when others disagree with you?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you the forum guidance counselor? I do what I want. Put me on ignore.

tenor.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're observant. It only took you 3 years to marvel your way to this conclusion. Do you stay up at night when others disagree with you?

"Three years" how? "Three years" of what exactly?

I sleep just fine, thanks for asking.

Sydla

Reaction score
How much different is it in a "real practice"? I think you're reaching here, either it's healed or it's not. Either he can run or he can't. Clearly he can. He's healed.

It's a different. The practices are more intense, he'll likely be asked to do more in practice, he'll be facing live defenders at times which likely ups the intensity, etc. This is why you often see players coming off injuries limited in their activities early in NFL practices/camps and slowly ramping up their intensity, repetitions, etc.

If people want to convince themselves that these workout videos mean he should get signed and go to camp, have at it. I have zero issues with him getting a chance if the Cowboys want to give it to him (I hope it's for the right reasons if they decide to do it). I don't think it will amount to much as I suspect he can't be a Top 2 WR on this team and that he'll probably have to play special teams as a backup WR and I am not sure he can even do that at this point (or will he even want to). But if they want to kick the tires, have at it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's a different. The practices are more intense, he'll likely be asked to do more in practice, he'll be facing live defenders at times which likely ups the intensity, etc.

If people want to convince themselves that these workout videos mean he should get signed and go to camp, have at it. I have zero issues with him getting a chance if the Cowboys want to give it to him. I don't think it will amount to much as I suspect he can't be a Top 2 WR on this team and that he'll probably have to play special teams as a backup WR and I am not sure he can even do that at this point (or will he even want to).
I don't think he's played special teams since 2012.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a different. The practices are more intense, he'll likely be asked to do more in practice, he'll be facing live defenders at times which likely ups the intensity, etc. This is why you often see players coming off injuries limited in their activities early in NFL practices/camps and slowly ramping up their intensity, repetitions, etc.

Not after over a year.

If people want to convince themselves that these workout videos mean he should get signed and go to camp, have at it. I have zero issues with him getting a chance if the Cowboys want to give it to him. I don't think it will amount to much as I suspect he can't be a Top 2 WR on this team

Again, who is expecting him to be that? This seems to be yet another imagined hurdle in the process.

1. First it was the Achilles, which he is running and cutting on, over a year after he was injured.
  2. Then it was the 'special teams' angle, when our #4 guy last year didn't play it.
  3. And now it's some "top 2 receiver" expectation?
Shifting goalposts and changing requirements that the player will never reach.

and that he'll probably have to play special teams as a backup WR and I am not sure he can even do that at this point (or will he even want to).

Why? Our number 4 receiver didn't play special teams last year. Certainly not to any degree that it would matter.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I don't want Bryant back on the roster. If you find some lame Twitter videos impressive or a sign of resurgence, well you have the blinders on. The bridge were burned once.
I can respect that. Please note tho: I'm not a Dez fan. The premise of this thread is what I think will happen. If he signs, it's what's best for the Cowboys. As a Cowboys fan, I want the best opportunity for them to win. If that includes Dez, so be it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can respect that. Please note tho: I'm not a Dez fan. The premise of this thread is what I think will happen. If he signs, it's what's best for the Cowboys. As a Cowboys fan, I want the best opportunity for them to win. If that includes Dez, so be it.
It's what's between his ears and copious examples of attitude that makes me want the new move forward to be without Bryant. There's simply much more value in drafting a No. 4 in the mid rounds.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not after over a year.

Again, who is expecting him to be that? This seems to be yet another imagined hurdle in the process.

1. First it was the Achilles, which he is running and cutting on, over a year after he was injured.
  2. Then it was the 'special teams' angle, when our #4 guy last year didn't play it.
  3. And now it's some "top 2 receiver" expectation?
Shifting goalposts and changing requirements that the player will never reach.

Why? Our number 4 receiver didn't play special teams last year. Certainly not to any degree that it would matter.

I never said people expected him to be a #2 WR. I said that in saying I am not sure he'd even make the 53. Austin was our #4 WR last year and had 40 snaps as a punt returner last year. You think Dez will take 40 snaps as a special teams guy?

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
It's what's between his ears and copious examples of attitude that makes me want the new move forward to be without Bryant. There's simply much more value in drafting a No. 4 in the mid rounds.
Valid points. I'm sure that will be discussed at length in their war room. I could see reasons for choosing a 21 year old that is gonna be about the same money as Dez - or cheaper - and he'll play special teams (which other than maybe punt returns, I don't see Dez doing).

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said people expected him to be a #2 WR. I said that in saying I am not sure he'd even make the 53.
Austin was our #4 WR last year and had 40 snaps as a punt returner last year. You think Dez will take 40 snaps as a special teams guy?[/QUOTE]

No, but I expect that he would play a far bigger role on offense than the 13 receptions that Austin had. I'll find those 2.5 plays a game from someone else.

Sydla

Reaction score
Austin was our #4 WR last year and had 40 snaps as a punt returner last year. You think Dez will take 40 snaps as a special teams guy?

No, but I expect that he would play a far bigger role on offense than the 13 receptions that Austin had. I'll find those 2.5 plays a game from someone else.[/QUOTE]

It was actually 71 punt returns snaps when you factor in Cobb, as the #3 WR, going back for 31 punts.

Again, you just have a higher opinion of what kind of player Bryant is at this age coming off injury than I do. That's fine. I have little to no expectations about what he can or can't do even if they bring him in. Something tells me that fans are more excited about giving him a shot than the team actually is, and that they are waiting for the draft before making any decision on Dez at all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, but I expect that he would play a far bigger role on offense than the 13 receptions that Austin had. I'll find those 2.5 plays a game from someone else.

It was actually 71 punt returns snaps when you factor in Cobb, as the #3 WR, going back for 31 punts.[/quote]

And both are gone, so the team surely needs to find another punt returner, right? I think we can both agree that's not Bryant. But neither is it Cedrick Wilson. And neither is Vontell Bryant (who somehow still has a job), not is it Devin Smith. But at one point, all of those guys were active on gamedays too, and none of them returned punts either. (maybe a few for Wilson?)

Bryant would easily be a better offensive player than most if not all of them.

Again, you just have a higher opinion of what kind of player Bryant is at this age coming off injury than I do. That's fine. I have little to no expectations about what he can or can't do even if they bring him in. Something tells me that fans are more excited about giving him a shot than the team actually is, and that they are waiting for the draft before making any decision on Dez at all.

Something tells me that some fans are less excited about the team giving him a shot than the team actually is, especially when the owner is talking about him, and the quarterback and running back are working out with him.

Sydla

Reaction score
It was actually 71 punt returns snaps when you factor in Cobb, as the #3 WR, going back for 31 punts.

And both are gone, so the team surely needs to find another punt returner, right? I think we can both agree that's not Bryant. But neither is it Cedrick Wilson. And neither is Vontell Bryant (who somehow still has a job), not is it Devin Smith. But at one point, all of those guys were active on gamedays too, and none of them returned punts either. (maybe a few for Wilson?)

Bryant would easily be a better offensive player than most if not all of them.

Something tells me that some fans are less excited about the team giving him a shot than the team actually is, especially when the owner is talking about him, and the quarterback and running back are working out with him.

[/QUOTE]

The fact the owner is talking about him actually worries more than anything. You and I both know he can tend to get emotion with players and make decisions based on that emotion.

I still bet they don't do anything on the Bryant front until the draft.