I think Garrett will be fired Friday

leeblair

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't insert Moore as head coach he could well be the next young head coach that wows the NFL for another team.

EJK24

Reaction score
Garrett needs to go but I dont see anything that makes me believe it's happening any time before the end of the season. Jerry and his story take finish where Garrett performs a miracle and we turn it around is entrenched in his head and therefore with the Eagles being a mess, Garrett is not going anywhere before we are eliminated which wont happen till the wildcard game.

If I'm wrong I will gladly have this thread thrown back at me but I just cant see Garrett going anywhere until it's completely over.

Coy

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys, no matter how hard they try to get past it, are at a mental block with regards to Garrett's tenure being over, and are suffering burnout.
I think they will lose again on Thursday night despite being the better team, and that will be the sign to Jerry that this is over and has to end immediately.
Despite other options, look for Kellen Moore to be named interim head coach and then made official after the season ends.
I just don't think the Cowboys can mentally function to play up to potential now that the end is in sight for Garrett.
Just my 2 cents worth.

One can only hope..... but it ain't happening.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I wish they would fire Garrett and bring in Urban to evaluate this staff and roster for the rest of the season ....... Then he would have time to aquire the coaches he wants and time to prepare for the draft on what we need.

I know it's gonna be an unfulfilled wish ....... But it's what I am hoping for.

ondaedg

Reaction score
It makes no sense why he hasn't done it yet. After 10+ years of being among the league's worst in several critical areas does JJ think now is the time that Garrett figures it out?

JayFord

Reaction score
Lol

he shoulda been fired years ago hes not going anywhere friday

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Jerry made it clear that Garrett won't be fired during the regular season. Either way, I root for the Cowboys to go 10-6, starting tomorrow night. One game at a time. We might as well hope to get on a roll because we have no control over what Jerry does (even when we agree with it).

Didn’t he say that about Wade?

The problem is... this is not a one decision solution.

We don’t make the right decisions. Starting at the top. Foundation is cement that never dried.. It’s shaky. Been that way 25 + years.

If I thought it was a one decision fix. I would fire Garrett and bring in Rivera.
He could maybe save this season. Worst case scenario,
Best case scenario. Start making a strong, solid foundation for future.

Last edited:

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Wishful thinking. I think it needs to happen ... should have happened years ago... but while Jerry will be disappointed he will in the end keep going as is with JG because mathematically we still have a chance to win the division. If we didnt have a chance at all he would have fired him. While we all know we arent going anywhere in the playoffs (if we get there) so as long as their is still "a chance" Jerry wont pull the trigger.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If the Cowboys ran the team based on fan outrage, DLaw, Dak Prescott and Sean Lee would have been cut long ago.

Add Zeke whom we would never have drafted, plus Jaylon, Hill, Gregory, Taco and we also would have cut Crawford.

Just imagine what we could have done with all those precious draft picks and money spent the right way.

Sammy

Reaction score
Moore interim coach, promoted to the head job next season with Chris Peterson as his assistant/consultant and WR coach.

Moore and Peterson stay in pretty close touch from what I've heard. I think everyone has already agreed to this, and that plan is why he resigned at Washington.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys, no matter how hard they try to get past it, are at a mental block with regards to Garrett's tenure being over, and are suffering burnout.
I think they will lose again on Thursday night despite being the better team, and that will be the sign to Jerry that this is over and has to end immediately.
Despite other options, look for Kellen Moore to be named interim head coach and then made official after the season ends.
I just don't think the Cowboys can mentally function to play up to potential now that the end is in sight for Garrett.
Just my 2 cents worth.
garrett may be fired, specially if we get blown out by Chicago, but I guarantee that Moore will not be interim head coach.....if anyone, it would be Richard...long shot Marinelli. defintley, 100% not moore

flosho

Reaction score
Could, but Richard will end up interim HC.
I'd like to see this for the remainder of the season. A good extended interview. Our defense has taken a step back and it could falter even further if he has additional "team wide" responsibilities to spread him too thin...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Moore interim coach, promoted to the head job next season with Chris Peterson as his assistant/consultant and WR coach.

Moore and Peterson stay in pretty close touch from what I've heard. I think everyone has already agreed to this, and that plan is why he resigned at Washington.
what qualifications does Moore have to be a head coach?

romonumberone

Reaction score
Jerry has said so many time there would be no coaching change in the middle of the season.... he would look stupid going back on his word. Might as well finish it out anyways. That way he does not have to fire Garrett.... he just does not give him another contract. Less bad blood this way. Besides who knows what dirt Jason has on Jerry.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nah.. Keep him till the end of the year.

Let the season go. They already didn't care too much about this season by letting him stay another year and it's too late now to try and save the season.

If it gets worse then it's fine.. We'll just improve our draft pick.

What's sad, and I knew it the minute I heard it said, is that Stephen A. was right at the very beginning. I mean, he didn't say anything that many others have not said, many years prior, but he did say it on the air and on record. Doesn't matter how good the talent is in Dallas, the Coaching will always kill this team and that's why he's never worried about the Cowboys. I just hope that next year, we are not sitting here listening to SAS saying, "The Ownership will always kill the hopes of any Championship."

foofighters

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents worth.
Nope, I doubt he's fired at the end of the season. As crazy as it sounds, we may still be in control of the East after losing the Chicago.