I think Garrett will be fired Friday

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree and that is the part that frustrates me the most. We all wanted JG to succeed but once the first 2-3 years happened and Jerry admitted that he was in training, it was an admission that we wasted 2-3 years of prime Romo. Then when he allegedly did hit his stride he got "do-overs" with OC and other issues while we actually collected talent. No excuse for patience the last decade.

I mean.. At one point I seriously think they trusted Romo's football brain more then their own head coach.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The ownership has made a lot of positive strides since Parcells came in and gave them a foundation to start from but their downfall has still been Jerry Jones ego and making sure he is comfortable with the head coach.
That's why I have a problem with people talking about "the last 23 years" like they've all been the same. The Parcells years were nothing like the Campo years, and I don't see how anyone could argue that. And we all know the drafting the last five or six years has been far better than those late 90s and early 2000s teams that had so little talent they never had a chance no matter who the coach was.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys, no matter how hard they try to get past it, are at a mental block with regards to Garrett's tenure being over, and are suffering burnout.
I think they will lose again on Thursday night despite being the better team, and that will be the sign to Jerry that this is over and has to end immediately.
Despite other options, look for Kellen Moore to be named interim head coach and then made official after the season ends.
I just don't think the Cowboys can mentally function to play up to potential now that the end is in sight for Garrett.
Just my 2 cents worth.
It all depends on how they lose. A tight game with a lose in the end is almost like a win to Jerry. IF we get blown out with mental mistakes attached, there's no telling.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys, no matter how hard they try to get past it, are at a mental block with regards to Garrett's tenure being over, and are suffering burnout.
I think they will lose again on Thursday night despite being the better team, and that will be the sign to Jerry that this is over and has to end immediately.
Despite other options, look for Kellen Moore to be named interim head coach and then made official after the season ends.
I just don't think the Cowboys can mentally function to play up to potential now that the end is in sight for Garrett.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Don't see moore as the next coach, but with Jerry you never know

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a win tomorrow. I'm going to be at the game along with a furcon. I'm at the airport now as I type.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It could happen. Patience is wearing thin, even with JJ.
even if it did happen no way KM gets the IHC tag..it will be Marinelli or Richard..
it wont happen, makes no sense that will leave 3 games, what will a IHC do that garett cant with 3 to go? garett will simply not be resigned after the final game this year barrign a miracle.. he has no contract after the last game and it helps JJ not feel as bad sayig you are FIRED.. they part ways tell the media its mutual and that is how Jerry will handle it..

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You don't fire a coach who has put you into a position to win the division. I get we have been helped by the NFC Least, but the simple fact is, we are still at the top.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I think they win on Thurs. Its just a weird situation seeing a body that has already been cut loose. Just going through the motions, I suppose.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Nope, Jerry is not going to fire Clappy while we are still in playoffs.

Thanks to Eagles sucking, the Bears and Rams games don’t really matter. We can lose both but then beat Philly and Skins and we win division.

And if Philly loses a game to anybody else but us, then the Skins game doesn’t matter, just beat Philly and lose other 3 and we still win division at 7-9

That is how much of a dumpster fire the East is but Jerry will be selling “division champions” T-shirts at DC.com!!!!