I think Garrett will be fired Friday

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the Cowboys, no matter how hard they try to get past it, are at a mental block with regards to Garrett's tenure being over, and are suffering burnout.
I think they will lose again on Thursday night despite being the better team, and that will be the sign to Jerry that this is over and has to end immediately.
Despite other options, look for Kellen Moore to be named interim head coach and then made official after the season ends.
I just don't think the Cowboys can mentally function to play up to potential now that the end is in sight for Garrett.
Just my 2 cents worth.

If Kellen Moore who basically has called 6 decent games as an OC in his life gets this job, after we just wasted 10 years of on the job training coach, I will puke and then ignore this team until Jerry retires and a real coach i brought in.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nope, I doubt he's fired at the end of the season. As crazy as it sounds, we may still be in control of the East after losing the Chicago.

Hey Foo, how you been?

Yep, we are the beneficiary of a truly crappy NFC Eastern Division, this year. Hard to believe that a team who is. .500 and has lost two games in a row can still be leading the NFC East. It's been awhile since the Division has been this bad, top to bottom.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Man hush your mouth. We are about to go on an 8 game winning streak! BOOK IT.

Nav22

Reaction score
I think Lucy pulled the ball just as you were beginning to kick, and now you have a concussion.
I never understood why that made Charlie Brown fall like an idiot.

As if his foot making contact with a football is the only thing that could keep him on the ground.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Garrett isn't getting fired, Jerry will move on from Garrett after the season by not offering him a new contract

agree. By setting the bar at the sb he has an insurance policy that he’s comfortable with as he doesn’t think Garrett can do it and if he does he has an out to say. He overcame just like Landry

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think Garrett will be fired Friday

Cool. I'm not blind so I don't need Bold Font or overly large lettering. Just posting rational thoughts in understandable sentences will work.

Thank you.

jnday

Reaction score
While I might agree about a potential collapse, I cannot envision a scenario where Jerry makes a head coaching change at such a late date. He'll suffer it out until the end.
I thinks he likes Garrett too much to pull a “Wade Phillips” on him. They are very close and Jerry is always holding out hope.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I thought Turkey day, but I didn't realize we had a turn around. If we lose Thur. no reason to keep him.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Red rocket won’t be fired until we are officially out of it, which will be end of season. End of story!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thinks he likes Garrett too much to pull a “Wade Phillips” on him. They are very close and Jerry is always holding out hope.

Exactly right. And thanks to the Eagles ineptitude, Garrett would still have an undeserved chance to make the playoffs, at which point Jerry would continue to believe he had a chance to win a Championship.

As undeserved as it is, as long as that possibility exists, Jones will have an excuse for Garrett playing out the string.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What's sad, and I knew it the minute I heard it said, is that Stephen A. was right at the very beginning. I mean, he didn't say anything that many others have not said, many years prior, but he did say it on the air and on record. Doesn't matter how good the talent is in Dallas, the Coaching will always kill this team and that's why he's never worried about the Cowboys. I just hope that next year, we are not sitting here listening to SAS saying, "The Ownership will always kill the hopes of any Championship."

The ownership has made a lot of positive strides since Parcells came in and gave them a foundation to start from but their downfall has still been Jerry Jones ego and making sure he is comfortable with the head coach.

Dallas has wasted a lot of really good rosters and careers with a do nothing head coach.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The ownership has made a lot of positive strides since Parcells came in and gave them a foundation to start from but their downfall has still been Jerry Jones ego and making sure he is comfortable with the head coach.

Dallas has wasted a lot of really good rosters and careers with a do nothing head coach.

You said it Catch. I agree with this entirely. We wasted the 2nd half of Troy's career. We Wasted all of Tony's and we are 4 years into Daks. Something has to give.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

I agree and that is the part that frustrates me the most. We all wanted JG to succeed but once the first 2-3 years happened and Jerry admitted that he was in training, it was an admission that we wasted 2-3 years of prime Romo. Then when he allegedly did hit his stride he got "do-overs" with OC and other issues while we actually collected talent. No excuse for patience the last decade.

Flamma

Reaction score
While I might agree about a potential collapse, I cannot envision a scenario where Jerry makes a head coaching change at such a late date. He'll suffer it out until the end.

Sadly I agree with you on this. I think Jerry just wants to give himself ample reason to not resign Garrett. He shouldn't have to worry about such things, but O'well.