I think Garrett will be fired Friday

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Jerry doesn't insert Moore as head coach he could well be the next young head coach that wows the NFL for another team.
He has been a coach for two years, and has failed against good teams this year. He isnt going to he a head coach anywhere next year

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys, no matter how hard they try to get past it, are at a mental block with regards to Garrett's tenure being over, and are suffering burnout.
I think they will lose again on Thursday night despite being the better team, and that will be the sign to Jerry that this is over and has to end immediately.
Despite other options, look for Kellen Moore to be named interim head coach and then made official after the season ends.
I just don't think the Cowboys can mentally function to play up to potential now that the end is in sight for Garrett.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Dare to dream.

Maybe I should chill some champagne.

I think Marinelli as interim HC, leaving it clear this is an interim appointment. Then let Moore and Richard show what they can do with clear authority over their side of the ball.

Though, I would *love* to see Boy Genius II replace Boy Genius I! Circle of Life!

For the lolz!

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are taken to the woodshed in Chicago, Garrett might resign to let daddy of the hook. That’s would be a precious show of affection.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We are a garbage team right now, and everyone is still talking about us, wondering what cryptic coaching comments Jerry will throw out this week. And there is no such thing as bad press to Jerry. The football world is talking about him, and that's all that matters to him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys, no matter how hard they try to get past it, are at a mental block with regards to Garrett's tenure being over, and are suffering burnout.
I think they will lose again on Thursday night despite being the better team, and that will be the sign to Jerry that this is over and has to end immediately.
Despite other options, look for Kellen Moore to be named interim head coach and then made official after the season ends.
I just don't think the Cowboys can mentally function to play up to potential now that the end is in sight for Garrett.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Talent and team aren’t the same thing.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Garrett should be let go ASAP.
No sense in stringing him along. Lame duck style.

Let cowboys move on. Let Garrett move on. Sooner than later.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Even if the Cowboys lose tomorrow night and Philly wins on Sunday, the Cowboys will still be tied for first place. We all want Garrett fired but I’ve never heard of an NFL team firing their head coach whose team was leading their division in Dec. While the Cowboys are still in contention Garrett won’t be fired.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You guys who keep predicting Garrett will be fired while the Cowboys are still in contention are going to keep ending up wrong. Some of you don’t have a clue.

Xeven

Reaction score
Jerry need to fire him now if he wants to salvage any of the current roster.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The team has not quit. Why are you projecting an attitude to this team that does not exist? It's not even possible for the wheels to come off this team's goals just by losing to the AFC Bills.
I agree, the team has not quit.

They just get their arse kicked by every team over .500, but there is no quit...………..they just suck.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I rather loose out instead of being one and done in the playoffs and risk Jerry giving Garrett another shot at head coaching the Dallas Cowboys.

Exactly...……..I hope we lose every game from here on out.

I dont trust Jerry if we win the division, he will say "Garrett finally made the playoffs back to back for the first time, we are on the right track":facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry has a pipe dream that the Cowboys can get on a run in December and win the Super Bowl with Garrett as the head coach. He’s not about to give up that dream while the team still has a heartbeat. He’s put in far too much time with Garrett not to give him these last four games of the season. The NFC East is likely to come down to week 17 with a must win for either us or Philly. Jerry isn’t going to end his marriage to Garrett by firing him and he knows if he waits until after the regular season he never has to fire him to move on.