I think its time to move Ratliff to DE

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We'd better find at least one safety somewhere. Can you imagine this team with Pittsburg's safety playing for us?

NT is not a huge problem IMO although Tank has been a disappointment.

OL is obviously a problem depth wise. They need to hit on a starter in the next three years the next two drafts. They should draft the best OL available not considering position IMO. They are more likely to succeed with a starter that way.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Rack;2451678 said:
Why not just start Kosier at LG next year?

He's been better than average when healthy. It's not like he has a history of injury problems.

We don't need ANY starting OL next year (unless we don't resign Colombo).

The main reason is that Holland fits in more cohensively with the existing lineup of mashers whereas Kosier was the mismatch before.

The other issue is that Kosier can play 4 positions while Holland can only paly OG. Thus if you started Kosier and you someone else got hurt, you would have to move two players if the thought was to shift Kosier and bring in Holland.

Anyhow, just a thought.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Eskimo;2451732 said:
The main reason is that Holland fits in more cohensively with the existing lineup of mashers whereas Kosier was the mismatch before.

The other issue is that Kosier can play 4 positions while Holland can only paly OG. Thus if you started Kosier and you someone else got hurt, you would have to move two players if the thought was to shift Kosier and bring in Holland.

Anyhow, just a thought.

I still think Kosier is a better player. I favor ability over a "Fit".

However, maybe Holland will really take his chance and run with it and show that he is better then Kosier. If he does that, I'd still give Kosier a chance to win the job next season.

I don't like having all of the same kind of lineman out there though. I'd like to have one guy that can do something the other 4 can't do... get outside effectively on sweeps and screens and actually block someone out in the open.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Ratliff's strength is his versatility. If Chris Canty leaves via free agency he will most likely be moved to DE. Then again, that's assuming we acquire a NT. Until we get a true NT why would we move Ratliff?

I've seen a lot of Cowboy fans saying we should move back to the 4-3. One of the big reasons teams like the 3-4 is the ability to disguise your defense. You can look like a 4-3 anytime you want. Ratliff and Ware can line almost anywhere in the 3-4 which confuses offenses and causes teams to guess wrong.

Another reason for the 3-4 is that it that you replace a big, slow defensive lineman with a quicker linebacker. That puts more speed and more athletic ability on the field. If we went to a 4-3 then Greg Ellis and Anthony Spencer would have to go. The 4-3 allows for 1 smaller defensive end, not 2. So at best, Spencer plays on 3rd downs and that seems like a waste.

Just my opinion but I like the 3-4. We just need a true NT. Our coverage issues would be the same in a 4-3. Ware is becoming one of the top defenders in the league and the 3-4 showcases his talents.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Real1st;2450650 said:
Dumb thread.

Does this guy realize Ratliff is causing havoc at NT?? Something that has put this defense to the next level.. We weren't getting that at the beginning of the season now we are and look at how good the defense has been.

A 3-4 NT with 6 sacks his unheard of...

This is what I'm thinking. He's giving teams fits in the middle and we want to change that? I can see getting someone else to give him a breather occasionally, but I don't want him splitting time elsewhere. I'm perfectly fine with him kicking *** in the middle.