Twitter: I think Jayron Kearse is looking to get paid

jrumann59

Reaction score
You need to try to start paying people for the average of their seasons. We pay people based on their best ever season with projected improvement. We always regret it.
Unfortunately that is not how that works, agents and or players keep track of things. Also based on what other teams do or have done that is why its called market value.

Reactions: CWR

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We got him for a bag of chips. We certainly can't afford to pay him with DLAW, Amari, Gallup, DS, and Gregory issues on deck.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Unfortunately that is not how that works, agents and or players keep track of things. Also based on what other teams do or have done that is why its called market value.

Whoa, don't say that phrase for the resident purse clutchers 'round here. You'll excite their PPSD (Post-Prescott Stress Syndrome). You said it before. People whine about not investing in the safety position then want to send the best season we've had in a while away because he might want more than vet minimum. Plus, are twisting themselves in knots over numbers neither side has uttered yet. PPSD says to pay no one ever again.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Whoa, don't say that phrase for the resident purse clutchers 'round here. You'll excite their PPSD (Post-Prescott Stress Syndrome). You said it before. People whine about not investing in the safety position then want to send the best season we've had in a while away because he might want more than vet minimum. Plus, are twisting themselves in knots over numbers neither side has uttered yet. PPSD says to pay no one ever again.
:muttley:

So true.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If he signs a reasonable deal, sign him.. If he's trying to get top 5 safety money based on one good year, let him walk. He has not earned that kind of deal. That's the long and the short of it to me. I think a combination of Wilson and Cox can play his role in Quinn's defense just fine.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I heard a top priority to me, moreso than Gregory. Plus he might be the cheapest resign target. I’d offer him a similar deal that Awuzie received from Cinci.

Croomraider

Reaction score
In regards to the OP, it's a shame when a pro athelete has to make a greatness post about themselves. It just looks weird. With that said, he did play great and I thought Kearse, Neal, and Lewis had exceptional years for guys not talked about much. Does it mean we should pay Kearse a bunch of money, absolutely not.

visionary

Reaction score
A LOT of very very good safeties in FA this year should give us a lot of leverage with Kearse and Hooker

I’d sign Hooker and Wilson to decent deals and let Kearse test the market. I think he’ll be disappointed

shabazz

Reaction score
I just wish he momma would admit she misspelled his name on the birth certificate so I can remember how to pronounce it

blueblood70

Reaction score
If he signs a reasonable deal, sign him.. If he's trying to get top 5 safety money based on one good year, let him walk. He has not earned that kind of deal. That's the long and the short of it to me. I think a combination of Wilson and Cox can play his role in Quinn's defense just fine.
ditto

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
...and while we continue to suffer from the safety position that we haven't secured since the Roy Williams Darren Woodson yester years .... :(
2021 was the most invested this team has directed towards the position in a very long time, Kearse, Hooker, Kazee, even Neal if the transition would have had more time to evolve, start floating Neal more in transition between the two positions. and I strongly feel that very theme is very important to Quinn, and why we went after the FA safeties and Neal, that can transition that hybrid safety/LB role.

It will be a focal point that can really transcend this defense in a pass happy era if this franchise can build with Quinn philosophy and give him what he needs via draft and maybe FA if we are lucky enough.

I've never been a fan of rebuilding the back seven first, but we already have some key components with Parsons, Diggs, Peeps can judge all they want but a 26-year-old Lewis, a 28-year-old Brown on non-cap killing contracts.

A good defense has to have decent corners on decent contracts because you cant afford top end money for the amount of DBs you have to play and pay in a pass happy NFL.

If they chose to cut a few keepers rather than restructures, than having a built defense entering 2023 season would at least achieve a cap friendly well-built defense entering that year, cause those paying attention already know
that 2022 will be a floating season.

Floating meaning Jerry just keeping it real.

The draft will be interesting, I would love nothing more and would expect nothing more considering the transition this team is in now that Stephen finally understands that the cap is a real thing.

Let Quinn try and build his defense around some really young special talents already in place.

Would love to see a Dean pairing with Parsons, wouldnt that be special.

I was focusing on the back seven because the context of the thread, but the DL influences how this team will approach the draft as well, but that is another thread entirely, and not negative at all, rather positive actually.

Cmac

Reaction score
Is there any reason he shouldn't be seeking compensation, like everyone on this board that is paid by someone else?

Jarntt

Reaction score
I like Kearse and hope we get him back at a reasonable deal but this is delusional

He's good (was very good last year) but not great. If we pay him like he's great after only one good season we're going to be sorry and deserve it if it backfires. But, it seems we pay a good player great player money every year so maybe it's his turn...

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He played his guts out while stepping up as a leader. He wouldn't be getting a hand out. That man earned a bigger paycheck

When you sign someone up on a prove it deal, and he delivers....that's how it goes. Better than those you wasted another year with and dispose like a used up diaper. He''ll get paid here or somewhere else. Good for him.