Rueben Randle
Travis Benjamin
Marvin Jones
Rashard Matthews
Marlon Brown
Kamar Aikman
James Jones
Andre Holmes

I'd much prefer us to go hard in FA for a quality WR than overpaying for a safety.

morasp

Reaction score
I do think they missed Scandricks experience back there this year. Last year he kind of got everyone lined up. Just getting him back would help.

John813

Reaction score
Weddle, even if regressed, would be worlds better than Wilcox.

Issue becomes money and term.

2-3 year deal, with most of the money up front? Sure. think he is a 2 year stop gap before his play drops below a legit starter.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Norman and Jeffrey almost certainly will be franchised.

Jeffery maybe not. Probably will but its not a move I make. He is good, very good but not a top 5 guy. Not in Brown/Jones/Green/ Bryant's class but a tag will invite that kind of payday.

Jeffery I think has a better chance of getting extended before FA

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a really good FA for WRs

Percy Harvin
Jermaine Kearse
Rueben Randle
Travis Benjamin
Marvin Jones
Rashard Matthews
Marlon Brown
Kamar Aikman
James Jones
Andre Holmes

I'd much prefer us to go hard in FA for a quality WR than overpaying for a safety.
Randle is interesting. I dont think he will get big money and could wind up an upgrade over Williams

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weddle, even if regressed, would be worlds better than Wilcox.

Issue becomes money and term.

2-3 year deal, with most of the money up front? Sure. think he is a 2 year stop gap before his play drops below a legit starter.

The is the exact way to look at Weddle. We have the need at the position he plays, he can still play at an acceptable level and better than what we currently have, we have the money to spend, he could fill that need for 2-3 years and delay spending a draft pick that can be used to fill another need. I see a lot of upside bringing him in.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Randle is interesting. I dont think he will get big money and could wind up an upgrade over Williams

I like Rishard Matthews a lot. I think Kearse is a fantastic receiver who has made some of the better catches in clutch moments I've seen in quite some time. I'd also look into bringing Holmes in as depth just in case Bryant goes down again; 47 catches, 693 yards and 4 TDs in 2014. He's not spectacular, but he's developed into decent depth.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

Percy Harvin
Jermaine Kearse
Rueben Randle
Travis Benjamin
Marvin Jones
Rashard Matthews
Marlon Brown
Kamar Aikman
James Jones
Andre Holmes

I think anquan boldin will be a fa too.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
No way. The ghost of Ken Hamlin has haunted Jerry for years now.

Satchel89

Reaction score
I'm fine with either one. The safety position has been so bad for this team for quite awhile. Get one of these guys and put him next to Jones and how good does that look? It would be nice to finally see some guys that can actually play at safety

the_h0wey

Reaction score
And I for one think its the correct move. We need a vet back there. Signing one of them and help at the D tackle position in FA helps soooooo much. We have money to spend. Jerry will.

If you do that I assume you are wanting to use Byron at Corner?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Percy Harvin
Jermaine Kearse
Rueben Randle
Travis Benjamin
Marvin Jones
Rashard Matthews
Marlon Brown
Kamar Aikman
James Jones
Andre Holmes

Kamar Aikman is interesting but only if we had a strong armed, highly accurate passer like we had with Troy Aiken.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I really hope Jerry Jones's financial interests fall victim to a hostile takeover and he is forced to relinquish ownership of the Cowboys.

Then threads about building the team and acquiring talent might be relevant.

So you're only here to post about negative stuff?

robjay04

Reaction score

Percy Harvin
Jermaine Kearse
Rueben Randle
Travis Benjamin
Marvin Jones
Rashard Matthews
Marlon Brown
Kamar Aikman
James Jones
Andre Holmes

I don't see it as that good considering a chunk of the good names won't touch the market. The highlights will likely be a player like Randle who has horrible knees. No way Benjamin touches the market. I don't know if Kease will. Marvin Jones could be good but I would be scared to overpay a number 2 receiver on a really good offense.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't see it as that good considering a chunk of the good names won't touch the market. The highlights will likely be a player like Randle who has horrible knees. No way Benjamin touches the market. I don't know if Kease will. Marvin Jones could be good but I would be scared to overpay a number 2 receiver on a really good offense.

Benjamin is the only one from that list that is unlikely to hit the market. The rest is up in the air. I know the Bengals think highly of Jones, so I'd say he's the only other one I'd consider being a resign.

That still leaves a solid list of #2 WRs.

robjay04

Reaction score
Benjamin is the only one from that list that is unlikely to hit the market. The rest is up in the air. I know the Bengals think highly of Jones, so I'd say he's the only other one I'd consider being a resign.

That still leaves a solid list of #2 WRs.

Solid but expensive.

Williams is a "solid number 2"....he is just a horrible number one. I want a receiver opposite Dez that emerge if he ever went down. I wouldn't be opposed to a talented rookie first round receiver opposite Dez, it seems like early round receivers have a decent success rate based on recent drafts...plus they can typically contribute immediately.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Solid but expensive.

Williams is a "solid number 2"....he is just a horrible number one. I want a receiver opposite Dez that emerge if he ever went down. I wouldn't be opposed to a talented rookie first round receiver opposite Dez, it seems like early round receivers have a decent success rate based on recent drafts...plus they can typically contribute immediately.

A first round receiver isn't expensive? I'd much rather go to the cap to fill a hole at our WR position rather than using a first round pick when we have obvious defensive needs.