I think Jerry will sign Berry or Weddle

skinsscalper

Reaction score
He was injured chief, or do you believe Dez is no longer a good player either?

He's also going to be 31 next year, genius. How much more do you think he has left in the tank coming off an already injury plagued season?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
And I for one think its the correct move. We need a vet back there. Signing one of them and help at the D tackle position in FA helps soooooo much. We have money to spend. Jerry will.

I think Jerry likes the trash they have marched out there save Jones.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He's also going to be 31 next year, genius. How much more do you think he has left in the tank coming off an already injury plagued season?

LOL, so Weddle should just retire because of a non career threatening injury and one below average season?

Macnalty

Reaction score
We have Byron Jones and you are fixated on a safety, not sure what you guys were watching this year. Jones makes you pause if Jalen Ramsey is available with our pick this year.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Berry probably won't leave KC, even if he did, I'm not a big fan of dishing out another monster contract.

Weddle would be a nice pick up at the right price, but there are still guys on THIS team who will eventually need new contracts...

Things to keep in mind before we start going all "Washington Commanders" in free agency.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Here we are 10+ years later still looking for an adequate replacement for Woodson. Ridiculous.

Carson

Reaction score
Here we are 10+ years later still looking for an adequate replacement for Woodson. Ridiculous.

Hey I heard that the JJ Wilcox is going to be great! Just give him another several years to figure out adequate coverage, how to tackle and how to take proper angles!!!

The Natural

Reaction score
We have Byron Jones and you are fixated on a safety, not sure what you guys were watching this year. Jones makes you pause if Jalen Ramsey is available with our pick this year.

You need two safeties. And Byron is not a proven commodity yet either.

Carson

Reaction score
You need two safeties. And Byron is not a proven commodity yet either.

The irony is, we now have two guys who can play (arguably the hardest secondary position), the slot (scandrick and jones), yet cannot find a decent outside corner or either safety.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
LOL, so Weddle should just retire because of a non career threatening injury and one below average season?

No sir. I don't think he should retire. I also don't think we should sign him. He was complaining about his contract in San Diego before the start of this last season, BAT. I just don't think we should throw a boatload of money at the guy. He's on the smaller side to begin with and he's not getting any younger. I just don't think he's the answer. I don't like the "stop gap" mentality with this coaching staff because if they have a vet in there, the younger guy never plays and then we're right back where we're at two years from now. We need to draft or sign someone younger to the position IMHO.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Only problem is, this isn't madden.

Those guys will cost lots of $$$

We will have near 40 million in cap space, this year could be Madden if we are serious about getting romo a ring. He deserves it

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
No sir. I don't think he should retire. I also don't think we should sign him. He was complaining about his contract in San Diego before the start of this last season, BAT. I just don't think we should throw a boatload of money at the guy. He's on the smaller side to begin with and he's not getting any younger. I just don't think he's the answer. I don't like the "stop gap" mentality with this coaching staff because if they have a vet in there, the younger guy never plays and then we're right back where we're at two years from now. We need to draft or sign someone younger to the position IMHO.

Having a home in San Diego I'm a little closer to the situation. Weddle was a proud Charger and has been a leader on the team since being drafted. Weddle wanted to end career with team but he wanted team to reciprocate with an extension. GM decided to call his bluff and let his original contract run out. Weddle warned them that he would negotiate in good faith before this season, otherwise he would not come back. He did not bad mouth team or negotiate in public, he is simply standing by his promise.

Weddle may be smaller, as in shorter than Wilcox, McCray or Heath, but he's better than the the 3 combined and mutiplied again by 2. Weddle will not break bank, like Berry would, if he even become available which is highly unlikely.