Twitter: "I think people are surprised at how good he is at reading and processing."

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
With the "next man up" extreme over pay currently the theme, I will stand by my word that the market is flooded with cheaper options,, but your word "viable" is valid as well.

The biggest concern is there is no accountability in whatever decision they make, our only hope is they let McCarthy make the decision and hold him accountable for it.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Romo scrambling and Dak scrambling are two different to even compare.
Romo should have just thrown the ball away rather than run, it would have added years to his career.
Dak hanging in the pocket too long is a bad decision he made to prove he was such a well rounded valuable QB,, fail.
Daks greatest strength is deciding when to run and taking advantage of that opportunity.
Directly affects safety and LB play when a Physical QB like Dak can grab 10 yards when he sees a lane to run.

I'm not really comparing the running of the two but the lessons a young QB has to learn. Romo was a gunslinger and early on he would scramble out of the pocket to buy time, then do it again, then take a 15 yard sack to kill a drive. He had to learn to just throw the ball away when his third read was covered.

Dak had a period of staying in the pocket too long because he is built like a Fullback and was overconfident that he could shake off leg tackles. He is also more conservative in his game than most QB's, especially Romo. I think you saw Dak improve that part of his game last year and he didn't stay in the pocket forever waiting for the WR to work open.

IMO some of that was Dak's development but part of it was having the weapons and Kellen Moore's offense, when the issue was a problem Dak had to live with Linehan's playcalling and guys like Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson as his WRs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The biggest concern is there is no accountability in whatever decision they make, our only hope is they let McCarthy make the decision and hold him accountable for it.
I can only say it wont be anyone from this forum held accountable...
I like MMs approach so far,,
Staying out of the media.
Bringing his assembled staff.
Yes indeed it will be on MM, he is the HC, and Jerry isnt firing himself or his son.

basel90

Reaction score
Is that his record from 2016 to 2019? Do you do this to win arguments or to actually be educated on what you know nothing about?
If you cannot explain 1-6 , then don’t go back 2-3 years back , no one is interested . Plus Dak’s W-L record ain’t special throughout his career . Plus he is 1-2 in the playoffs . Plenty of issues and stats , but you don’t want to face the truth .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you cannot explain 1-6 , then don’t go back 2-3 years back , no one is interested . Plus Dak’s W-L record ain’t special throughout his career . Plus he is 1-2 in the playoffs . Plenty of issues and stats , but you don’t want to face the truth .

I mean if you can't look at last season and tell that it was a clusterF from top to bottom with Jason Garrett then there's nothing to talk about. What you spew isn't the truth or facts its actual lies. And its lies covered in trolling.

basel90

Reaction score
I mean if you can't look at last season and tell that it was a clusterF from top to bottom with Jason Garrett then there's nothing to talk about. What you spew isn't the truth or facts its actual lies. And its lies covered in trolling.
I hope you are being paid by Dak’s PR team , if not , you should ask for compensation for all your blind support of Dak . Good luck .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hit dog holler.......

Not even sure what hit dog holler means. But you are about the fifth person I have asked to show me my Dak hate. I even offered money.

So far....radio silence...or weird deflections like yours.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I hope you are being paid by Dak’s PR team , if not , you should ask for compensation for all your blind support of Dak . Good luck .
You should be the spokesperson for "This is your brain on drugs" with some of the stuff you spew out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not even sure what hit dog holler means. But you are about the fifth person I have asked to show me my Dak hate. I even offered money.

So far....radio silence...or weird deflections like yours.
Well hell if you've been told by 5 people.....what makes you think you don't have an issue? Just 5 people just have no idea what they're talking about huh lol?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well hell if you've been told by 5 people.....what makes you think you don't have an issue? Just 5 people just have no idea what they're talking about huh lol?

That's right. Five deranged people who keep their "dak hate" card very handy. Of the five...how many gave me just ONE example?

None.

You'd think it would be easy. He11...you accused me of it right here in this thread...so where is it?

Flamma

Reaction score
Is that his record from 2016 to 2019? Do you do this to win arguments or to actually be educated on what you know nothing about?

By my count he went 10-16. I'm no big Dak supporter and I think that's obvious, but this doesn't have to be all on the QB. Records like these that go back over years is usually more team/coaching related.

I say this because take away last season and he's 9-10. That's actually pretty good, so what happened? I did that because whenever Dak supporters bring up his overall record I like to omit 2016 for my own purposes. But it works both ways. I don't solely blame him for 1-6 last year. The team played uninspired crap football for much of the season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
By my count he went 10-16. I'm no big Dak supporter and I think that's obvious, but this doesn't have to be all on the QB. Records like these that go back over years is usually more team/coaching related.

I say this because take away last season and he's 9-10. That's actually pretty good, so what happened? I did that because whenever Dak supporters bring up his overall record I like to omit 2016 for my own purposes. But it works both ways. I don't solely blame him for 1-6 last year. The team played uninspired crap football for much of the season.
I think they more or less gave up on JG. Especially towards the end of the season. Just my opinion. But Dak could have played better. So could the ST. The ST was on the staff. JG should have fired the coach half way through the year.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think they more or less gave up on JG. Especially towards the end of the season. Just my opinion. But Dak could have played better. So could the ST. The ST was on the staff. JG should have fired the coach half way through the year.

No doubt they gave up on him. How did Romo do in the beginning of 2010 when they gave up on Wade? There's just no way. But besides 2014 and '16, the Cowboys rarely played with the intensity level to beat good teams under Garrett. People think it was the crappy team. It might have been the crappy coach.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No doubt they gave up on him. How did Romo do in the beginning of 2010 when they gave up on Wade? There's just no way. But besides 2014 and '16, the Cowboys rarely played with the intensity level to beat good teams under Garrett. People think it was the crappy team. It might have been the crappy coach.
Coaching is important. Especially when you get to the playoffs. All teams in the playoffs are good teams and when the field is leveled coaching makes a difference. JG always got out coached once we hit the playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I mean I think there's a way to bring up wins and losses in a argument when it comes to Dak but some people try to have it both ways. They discredit his wins but the losses are all him.

They had one of the best offenses in Cowboys history and had one of the worst special teams unit.