Twitter: "I think people are surprised at how good he is at reading and processing."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
“ I’ll take, People who paint with a broad brush for 500, Alex”.......
Ain't this you cuh?

Your right. Romo would have had better numbers with Aikmans Hall of Fame team

I stand corrected and thanks for pointing that out

200.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The hate stems from people who can’t let Romo go.
Like I told ya...you got me wrong. That's the problem with making assumptions.

If you wanna show me one comment that gives you any idea I "can;t let Romo go"...please do show me. Otherwise, your apology is accepted. :)

basel90

Reaction score
seriously google is your friend....

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/cut4ng/current_qb_records_vs_winning_teams/

sorry if we cant paste reddit links....

so either you have Brady or Wilson......... in your scenario most QB's suck
you are rationalizing for Dak's record. Nothing will erase the abysmal record against good teams. Don't try to compare him with these elite QBs . All experts and players think he is 10-15 at best. And that is with all the stars on the OL/RB/WR. cannot imagine what he will look like with weaker offensive teams,.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you are rationalizing for Dak's record. Nothing will erase the abysmal record against good teams. Don't try to compare him with these elite QBs . All experts and players think he is 10-15 at best. And that is with all the stars on the OL/RB/WR. cannot imagine what he will look like with weaker offensive teams,.
HAHAH! You told him to look up Dak's record and he gives it to you then you try and tell him "don't try to compare him with other elite QBs". He compared him to every quarterback not just the elite ones. Andy Dalton was up there too.

basel90

Reaction score
HAHAH! You told him to look up Dak's record and he gives it to you then you try and tell him "don't try to compare him with other elite QBs". He compared him to every quarterback not just the elite ones. Andy Dalton was up there too.
Delusions and excuses for Dak .. the fantasy and love for mediocrity seems to be your preference

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Delusions and excuses for Dak .. the fantasy and love for mediocrity seems to be your preference
My post said nothing about excuses or love for Dak. It brought up the fact that you told a poster to do research and he did it for you and came back refuting your claim and you tried to dismiss him by saying don't compare him to his peers. It just sounds stupid.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
My post said nothing about excuses or love for Dak. It brought up the fact that you told a poster to do research and he did it for you and came back refuting your claim and you tried to dismiss him by saying don't compare him to his peers. It just sounds stupid.

I mean it's gotta be trolling...right?? it doesn't make sense any other way....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I read some peoples post on Dak and can say "man that's a legit concern to have" but there is no way some of these guys are being serious....no way.....

basel90

Reaction score
1-6 record against playoff teams is 100% accurate . Nothing more to discuss .

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
1-6 record against playoff teams is 100% accurate . Nothing more to discuss .

Wow nothing like using a giant vacuum to assess the QB position...... and what should we do with the other 52 players on the roster with that record? if you give Seattle their pick of them you could probably bring Russell here because other than the 50 year old he is the only other QB that works in your metric.

Kaiser

Reaction score
"Oh yeah, well show me the facts"

"Here are the facts"

1hb0he.jpg

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There's a second part to how inflation works and that is when a product, in this case Dak, is eventually priced at a level that the buyer, in the case the Dallas Cowboys, decide to hold off purchasing and/or look at other options, such as continuing to rent for a little longer or going with a cheaper model. I wouldn't even say inflation is the way to look at it. Yes salaries are rising but I think it's more of a supply and demand issue. Teams are stuck with no real alternatives except the QB they have under contract or tagged so that QB essentially can ask for top dollar even though they aren't the top QB. Eventually some team will have to break that cycle. Are QBs going to be making $100 million per season in 7 or 8 years?
I would say that was true a few seasons back, but now you can sign a Brady, Winston, Newton, Dalton,,, I would say the QB market is flooded with options.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Agree, plus its part of the normal development path for young QBs. Most fans forget but one of the big problems Romo had early in his career was he wouldn't stay in the pocket too long, he would scramble to try to make a huge play instead of a checkdown or throwing the ball away. His first couple of years as a starter he would turn plays like that into a 15 yard sack to kill a drive. He learned to throw the ball away, just like Dak.
Romo scrambling and Dak scrambling are two different to even compare.
Romo should have just thrown the ball away rather than run, it would have added years to his career.
Dak hanging in the pocket too long is a bad decision he made to prove he was such a well rounded valuable QB,, fail.
Daks greatest strength is deciding when to run and taking advantage of that opportunity.
Directly affects safety and LB play when a Physical QB like Dak can grab 10 yards when he sees a lane to run.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I would say that was true a few seasons back, but now you can sign a Brady, Winston, Newton, Dalton,,, I would say the QB market is flooded with options.

Flooded with options yes, the question is how viable are those options......again that's the Gamble and when your team has a GM that isn't held accountable for his gambles......."Houston we have a problem".......and on a side note... look at Houston that GM has a problem for sure:)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Flooded with options yes, the question is how viable are those options......again that's the Gamble and when your team has a GM that isn't held accountable for his gambles......."Houston we have a problem".......and on a side note... look at Houston that GM has a problem for sure:)
With the "next man up" extreme over pay currently the theme, I will stand by my word that the market is flooded with cheaper options,, but your word "viable" is valid as well.