Twitter: "I think people are surprised at how good he is at reading and processing."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The smart teams don't just the desparate ones looking for a Hail Mary
Well who do you consider "smart"? Because the Vikings have sure been contending more than we have recently as well as the 49ers....49ers in one season got further than Romo and Dak could combined.

blueblood70

Reaction score
NFL off. coordinator on Dak Prescott: “I think people are surprised at how good he is at reading and processing and throwing the ball where it needs to go and throwing it accurately. I have him as a high, high (tier) 2, a top-7 quarterback in the league.”[/QUOTE]
if you mean OVER reading OVER-thinking, OVER-processing in big moments..you are correct he waits until a receiver has space around him to throw far to often.. if hes under pressure he reverts back to old dak.. i need to see improvement in those moments..yes he had great stats, at ties with no pressure looked great but not when it mattered..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
NFL off. coordinator on Dak Prescott: “I think people are surprised at how good he is at reading and processing and throwing the ball where it needs to go and throwing it accurately. I have him as a high, high (tier) 2, a top-7 quarterback in the league.”
if you mean OVER reading OVER-thinking, OVER-processing in big moments..you are correct he waits until a receiver has space around him to throw far to often.. if hes under pressure he reverts back to old dak.. i need to see improvement in those moments..yes he had great stats, at ties with no pressure looked great but not when it mattered..[/QUOTE]
He's been great under pressure his whole career. Last year was anomaly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if you mean OVER reading OVER-thinking, OVER-processing in big moments..you are correct he waits until a receiver has space around him to throw far to often.. if hes under pressure he reverts back to old dak.. i need to see improvement in those moments..yes he had great stats, at ties with no pressure looked great but not when it mattered..
He's been great under pressure his whole career. Last year was anomaly.[/QUOTE]
last year what have you done for e lately is only measuring stick..you cant live on past stats or all pro sports stars would be 40 and keep getting resigned because of the remember when syndrome.. back in the day excuse..lmao,

sorry hes supposed to be improving not having an "anomaly year" then demanding a 4 yr 35 mil 110 mil guaranteed contract.. ..

HungryLion

Reaction score
I skipped over it because i know you wouldn't like my answer but since you brought it up again. I don't think it would be hard at all to replace Dak, infact i expect it to happen at some point this season, if we play a full season

LOL gotcha

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's been great under pressure his whole career. Last year was anomaly.
last year what have you done for e lately is only measuring stick..you cant live on past stats or all pro sports stars would be 40 and keep getting resigned because of the remember when syndrome.. back in the day excuse..lmao,

sorry hes supposed to be improving not having an "anomaly year" then demanding a 4 yr 35 mil 110 mil guaranteed contract.. ..[/QUOTE]

You are using the "what have you done for me lately" because it helps your argument. When you have a 4 year pro you don't take his last season into account you have to take his whole body of work into account. If you only took last year into effect you probably think Tannenhill is the best quarterback in the league.

And just because his team went 8-8 doesn't mean he's not "improving". He was a much better passer of the football in 2019 than he was in 2018. You guys need to move on from Romo.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
dak and the cowboys will have trouble ever coming to a long term extension the agent and the player pulled a offer when jerry thought they had a deal pretty much done dak wants top money cca is going to see that he gets it whether its with the cowboys or another team and it really makes no difference to them as long as he gets PAID thats the goal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL gotcha

That shows you the type of characters we are dealing with here. He actually has faith in this team to replace Dak.......even though this organization has shown they fail at developing or even acquiring quarterbacks. Who's the best quarterback this team has drafted since Aikman? Smh.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it really matters because they do not have another option at QB. Top 7 or 12 is a lot better than what they've done other than having the 1st pick and luck.

And don't bring that Dalton stuff, the guy was in such high demand he signed for 3M to be a backup.

So you know for a fact he had no other options?

Moved back home...for 3 mil to goof around for a year....sounds pretty smart to me!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely. I think it was admirable that he was working on staying in the pocket and not bailing out too soon, but as with most things, he had to find the balance. He may have done that in 2019.
I'm no convinced. I'd like to see him be a legitimate threat. Not take desperate chances, of course. I thought a few times he had a LOT of room to run and didn't do it. As a non-expert, that tells me (if it's true, of course) the defense feels they don't need to cover it. Make them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm no convinced. I'd like to see him be a legitimate threat. Not take desperate chances, of course. I thought a few times he had a LOT of room to run and didn't do it. As a non-expert, that tells me (if it's true, of course) the defense feels they don't need to cover it. Make them.
That's part of the balance. Of course, every QB will miss some things that it's easier for fans to see on a wide angle TV view without the pressure of a mass of blockers and pass rushers around, but I agree there are times he should have taken advantage of running lanes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you know for a fact he had no other options?

Moved back home...for 3 mil to goof around for a year....sounds pretty smart to me!
Players have told y'all time and time again they don't care bout "going home" until their career is over lol. Matt Stafford is going to want to come home too at some point as will Von Miller.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Players have told y'all time and time again they don't care bout "going home" until their career is over lol. Matt Stafford is going to want to come home too at some point as will Von Miller.
That's all fine and dandy. Still looking for the important part of my comment. Where's proof he had no other options?

Dreski

Reaction score
He’s been improving every year and I think he’s gonna continue that trend! I’m excited to see how he and McCarthy work and wonder what changes Mike will bring to Dak’s game!

basel90

Reaction score
One man's meat is another man's poison.

How many other quarterbacks in the league have played behind two future Hall of Fame offensive lineman and an All Pro (for three of the four years) throughout their entire career?

All these rankings are pointless as there are other quarterbacks in the league that haven't had a prayer to show what they can do due to what is around them.

So I ask myself one simple question did Prescott play like a top 7 QB in the eight losses last season...

Jets - No
Bears - No
Eagles - No
Patriots - No but to be fair neither did (a 42 year old) Tom Brady on the night
Saints - No
Vikings - Yes and arguably his best performance of the season yet the team still lost.
Bills - No
Packers - No

If he's a top 7 QB in the league then by jove the standard must be below par.
Very well put. Dak struggled in all games when the running game stalled / Defenses using a pressing defensive scheme . He has not taken his game to the next level or proved to the coaches that he can dissect defenses and go win a game when the running game struggles. Such qualities differenciate good QBs from elte QBs. There is a reason Dak's record against such teams is abysmal and why his peers rated him accordingly.