I Think Romo Is Being Soft

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Rampage;2367788 said:
the kid isn't getting payed 70 mill dollars to sit on the bench while his team is falling apart.

Newman's not being paid $80 million to sit on the bench, either. Should he be out there, too? Roy? Kosier?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Rampage;2367788 said:
the kid isn't getting payed 70 mill dollars to sit on the bench while his team is falling apart.

come on rampage even you know that he can't throw like he normally throws and has been reported to throw like brad johnson...low and behind his receivers with the splint on. What if he does play takes a snap and completely breaks the bone and is done for a year? THEN what?

Audiman;2367790 said:
Good night to all. PMs have been sent to TheRake and Rampage.

one less christmas gift i have to send out... :D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
RainMan;2367789 said:
Newman's not being paid $80 million to sit on the bench, either. Should he be out there, too? Roy? Kosier?
Tony can play if he tried harder. he just can't handle the pain that's why he can't grip the ball.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
the kid 05;2367783 said:
nope i recall you calling romo a wimp and think it was you calling for him to be cut dont make me back track all your bogus threads to find it.

If a kid comes on here and gets insulted here whats the difference between Ramage insulting him or that bully on the playground?

Calling for Romo's head? Wow, the guys my favourite player. Bogus threads? Please get each and everyone of them from this thread because 5 Star started talking to me. I am pretty much defending people on here and then I give my point f view because I'm asked. You read whatever you want. Listen, I talk with a certain amount of integrity, you're looking for a poor conversation filled with insults and fights. What football infrmation do you have for me please. Otherwise, don't bother me.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05;2367792 said:
come on rampage even you know that he can't throw like he normally throws and has been reported to throw like brad johnson...low and behind his receivers with the splint on. What if he does play takes a snap and completely breaks the bone and is done for a year? THEN what?
he's got another week to correct it and man up. what if when he comes back and breaks his leg? my biggest gripe with him not playing is i feel him coming back and playing through the injury is the only thing that can stop this ship from being sunk. it's sinking right now and if were 4-5 when he comes back I don't think we even make the playoffs. I feel we need him now to save our season and it looks like that isn't gonna happen.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Rampage;2367793 said:
Tony can play if he tried harder. he just can't handle the pain that's why he can't grip the ball.

It's mental,he isn't mentally prepared to play with his had because of the pain and fear of injury. The press is getting to these players I feel and it's typical in sports. Romo is not prevy to this either.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Rampage;2367793 said:

Can't Newman theoretically run if he could just withstand the pain? Roy could theoretically play with one arm and just blow up people with his body? I think this is a silly game to play, but none of them have ligaments missing that prevent their appendages from moving.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Rampage;2367798 said:
he's got another week to correct it and man up. what if when he comes back and breaks his leg? my biggest gripe with him not playing is i feel him coming back and playing through the injury is the only thing that can stop this ship from being sunk. it's sinking right now and if were 4-5 when he comes back I don't think we even make the playoffs. I feel we need him now to save our season and it looks like that isn't gonna happen.

I agree that in theory Romo playing keeps this thing afloat.

But realistically, with the way this thing is going and the fact Romo has a legitimate injury, you just know that his first snap will be bobbled; the first handoff botched; the first pass attempt slip through his hand. Not sure that circus will help us either.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Rampage;2367798 said:

Totally agree Rampage! Man these guys have it out for you. Ive seen many of your posts and I have never seen you come out ad insult any of these fans until they insult you.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
RainMan;2367803 said:
I agree that in theory Romo playing keeps this thing afloat.

But realistically, with the way this thing is going and the fact Romo has a legitimate injury, you just know that his first snap will be bobbled; the first handoff botched; the first pass attempt slip through his hand. Not sure that circus will help us either.

Points I definitely agree with. The thing is I am not sure that what they are telling us about his hand is the truth. I think it's either worse than they say or not as bad as they say. It just seems that there is more to this and his and Jerry's back and fourth hoopla caused this uncertainty.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2367804 said:
Totally agree Rampage! Man these guys have it out for you. Ive seen many of your posts and I have never seen you come out ad insult any of these fans until they insult you.
yeah i'm a villian here at the zone. their's no point to insult anyone unless the insult me or are opposing fans lol. everybody is heated cause they know the team is looking bad and looking like they are getting worse.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Rampage;2367808 said:
yeah i'm a villian here at the zone. their's no point to insult anyone unless the insult me or are opposing fans lol. everybody is heated cause they know the team is looking bad and looking like they are getting worse.

So many sensitive, Kool Aid drinking homers that fear he may be another pro athlete that isn't as hungry as he used to be. Very biased bloggers here. Rainman is good nonetheless, always has insight, class and is unbiased. If the guy doesn't agree he's intellectual about it and brins some serious rational behind his opinion. I'm glad there are some people who even though love this team will come from the heart good or bad. I'd hate to just read sugar coating. It's not realistic.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2367819 said:
So many sensitive, Kool Aid drinking homers that fear he may be another pro athlete that isn't as hungry as he used to be. Very biased bloggers here. Rainman is good nonetheless, always has insight, class and is unbiased. If the guy doesn't agree he's intellectual about it and brins some serious rational behind his opinion. I'm glad there are some people who even though love this team will come from the heart good or bad. I'd hate to just read sugar coating. It's not realistic.
if you talk about this team in anyway but a good manner, you're gonna hear it. I don't know maybe i'm being a little harsh but it just seems like the team is giving up already and that pisses me off.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2367806 said:
Points I definitely agree with. The thing is I am not sure that what they are telling us about his hand is the truth. I think it's either worse than they say or not as bad as they say. It just seems that there is more to this and his and Jerry's back and fourth hoopla caused this uncertainty.

Jerry can be an idiot and I'm not sure why he must opine so often about these things. Like you said, he's been all over the map with this thing.

Tony's decision. The doctor's decision. My decision. He's playing. Oops, no he's not!

My short and long take is this: It's a four week injury, but Romo created a buzz by saying he could play earlier -- likely, without taking all the facts into consideration. He's since learned more and realized it's not so wise to do so.

My only beef with Rampage's argument is the wuss thing. The guy has played with hand injuries before, played with blood dripping down his chin when in need of stitches, etc. I think the "wuss" thing is just waaay over the line.

If doctors were saying this was a one-week injury, yet he wasn't ready to return this week, I might wonder about the guy's grit. But I don't think there's shame in not being ready by Week 2 of a four-week injury. In fact, I've never really seen a player who was expected to miss four weeks be called a "wuss" for not playing in the second week of the injury.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Rampage;2367822 said:
if you talk about this team in anyway but a good manner, you're gonna hear it. I don't know maybe i'm being a little harsh but it just seems like the team is giving up already and that pisses me off.

See, I can agree with the team-giving-up thing. I think collectively, they're a mentally weak group. And I do wish Romo would exert more leadership in a time of crisis like this. I love the kid, and I've read how it's "not in his nature to issue a rah rah speech," but I don't buy that. As the QB, he needs to find a way to right this ship.

Again, I just disagree on the not playing=wuss thing.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Rampage;2367822 said:

They don't have the motivation because they don't have that voice at the coach level and the player level. You need it at both. They want to play hard and practice hard and watch film hard. In their minds they are doing all of that and that's why they're lost. They feel the bruises and there's no mental stimulus thrown at them to make them wish they were in a game. You have to like what you do.

I know it sounds crazy to us them not actually liking their job right now but it is what they know and when the media chews at them, the other teams chew at them, the fans chew at them and your coach who's known to be a good guy and day nice things usually tellsyou something good to get you positive that's like mom telling you that you're handsome. Thanks mom but......

Ray Lewis would have been huge on this team as long as he and T.O could settle the past.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2367832 said:
They don't have the motivation because they don't have that voice at the coach level and the player level. You need it at both. They want to play hard and practice hard and watch film hard. In their minds they are doing all of that and that's why they're lost. They feel the bruises and there's no mental stimulus thrown at them to make them wish they were in a game. You have to like what you do.

I know it sounds crazy to us them not actually liking their job right now but it is what they know and when the media chews at them, the other teams chew at them, the fans chew at them and your coach who's known to be a good guy and day nice things usually tellsyou something good to get you positive that's like mom telling you that you're handsome. Thanks mom but......

Ray Lewis would have been huge on this team as long as he and T.O could settle the past.[/quote]
if your referring to when Owens mocked him doing the ray lewis dance he apologized like 2 days later. Owens knows not to mess with RayLew

burmafrd

Reaction score
Cannot believe how many people posted on such a stupid thread. And yes here I am commenting on it. However I find it hard to stay silent in the face of such stupidity as has been shown in this thread.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
RainMan;2367823 said:
Jerry can be an idiot and I'm not sure why he must opine so often about these things. Like you said, he's been all over the map with this thing.

Tony's decision. The doctor's decision. My decision. He's playing. Oops, no he's not!

My short and long take is this: It's a four week injury, but Romo created a buzz by saying he could play earlier -- likely, without taking all the facts into consideration. He's since learned more and realized it's not so wise to do so.

My only beef with Rampage's argument is the wuss thing. The guy has played with hand injuries before, played with blood dripping down his chin when in need of stitches, etc. I think the "wuss" thing is just waaay over the line.

If doctors were saying this was a one-week injury, yet he wasn't ready to return this week, I might wonder about the guy's grit. But I don't think there's shame in not being ready by Week 2 of a four-week injury. In fact, I've never really seen a player who was expected to miss four weeks be called a "wuss" for not playing in the second week of the injury.

I think Jerry was pushing him even though Jerry was reporting Romo was trying to show Jerry he could throw. That's a business mans way of getting his employee to do the deed just in case he had second thoughts. How would Romo look if he came out to the public and said there's no shot when JJ says he's trying to impress me.

Jerry knows people will think the season is tanked if Romo won't play for an extended period of time. I honestly wish the media and the fans would shut the Romo thing off for 3 weeks. I wish to God no one talks to or about the guy all week and Brad can scrape us a win. Between the injury, his first of this type at this level so he's unsure and physically uncapable, the pressure Jerry and the team has on him, the media's pressure and the fans I just don't think he is even mentally good right now. Watching him against the Rams the guy had no emotion. He's mentally exhausted, I'm telling you.

Remember, he's been getting the gears since that playoff loss to Seattle, up until cancun, loses to the Giants and has to shake that all through the offseason and training camp. Well finally the season starts and it's been a circus from camp till now, non stop. I'm not putting this all on Romo but he has been mentally pulborized. When I hear a guy say you won't remember me in 10 years, WOW! The guy is only human and people don't want to accept the mental aprt as much as the physical part to this absence. There's more to this injury than we are told.