I think Seattle can beat Philadelphia

_sturt_

Reaction score
Hey guys.... this is the scenario

If we go 4-1 in our last 5 games. And Philly loses to Dallas-49ers-Seattle. And our loss is to Detroit. We get the division.

It's wishful thinking, but Seattle showed me tonight that they can beat Philly. Today we held them off because Dak didn't make any mistakes. I don't think Hurts lasts 60 minutes without making a couple of mistakes. And it seems like Seattle has a pretty good offense, their receivers are Top 6 or 7 in the league, and are clearly superior to that awful Eagles secondary. Last 4 weeks was an anomaly. They were due for a turnaround and I think it started tonight. Carroll is a good enough coach to make some in-season adjustments. I don't think they can stop the Eagles offense, but if they can score enough... they have a chance to force Hurts to play hero ball once again, and he might come up short this time.

That being said, it seems like the Seahawks' weakness lately is San Francisco so I predict a loss next week, but they seem to play at least competitively with the NFC East. So yes.... I still haven't given up the race for the division yet. Even doe I know it's a less than 50% chance.

We might see Carroll go all out when they're 6-7, throwing everything he has against Sirianni.... they're in desperation mode.
To the point of the thread, it comes back to this... Philly survives games. They do not win them. We've had this conversation.

They, Seattle absolutely can beat Philadelphia. They may or may not. We'll see. But Philly's been on the good end of the outcome of games too often to not anticipate there will be some regression to the other side of the mean.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Seattle played their best game in about 6 years last night. They may just fall off the face of the earth after the next few weeks.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Hey guys.... this is the scenario

If we go 4-1 in our last 5 games. And Philly loses to Dallas-49ers-Seattle. And our loss is to Detroit. We get the division.

It's wishful thinking, but Seattle showed me tonight that they can beat Philly. Today we held them off because Dak didn't make any mistakes. I don't think Hurts lasts 60 minutes without making a couple of mistakes. And it seems like Seattle has a pretty good offense, their receivers are Top 6 or 7 in the league, and are clearly superior to that awful Eagles secondary. Last 4 weeks was an anomaly. They were due for a turnaround and I think it started tonight. Carroll is a good enough coach to make some in-season adjustments. I don't think they can stop the Eagles offense, but if they can score enough... they have a chance to force Hurts to play hero ball once again, and he might come up short this time.

That being said, it seems like the Seahawks' weakness lately is San Francisco so I predict a loss next week, but they seem to play at least competitively with the NFC East. So yes.... I still haven't given up the race for the division yet. Even doe I know it's a less than 50% chance.

We might see Carroll go all out when they're 6-7, throwing everything he has against Sirianni.... they're in desperation mode.
Should be 3 very physical games back to back to back for the Eagles. Anything could happen. Hopefully Seahawks are still in the hunt at that point.