I think there's some significant plan for CB Nahshon Wright's future

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm already preparing myself to move on with him in the event ..and turn to investing more in 3rd round pick Nahshon Wright instead of panicking at jumping at CB.

A 3rd rd pick is really high for a guy to be just a mere backup . i would think there's some significant plan in Wright's future. Now that plan could be right now.

Great size, INT skills, 4.47 speed, a player Quinn personally favored.
Also we played with Anthony Brown, this is another matter why we don't think trading him away during draft day, ..or surprisingly some here thinking to cut him post June awhile back.

Last edited by a moderator:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think he could end up being a good player who does some things well. However, I worry about his change of direction skills. A quick receiver will likely eat him alive and I’m concerned about opposing offensive coordinators targeting him with quick route runners.

If he is able to use his length on deep routes and crossers, he could be a weapon in those circumstances.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think Wright would have been given a shot to play anyway. Has the tools to be a good Zone corner.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's not fair to have given up on Wright, but he is a bit of a project and was considered a reach in the 3rd...by pretty much everyone.

Nothing happened last season to have changed that.

As much as I like Quinn, you can't be letting assistants make the calls on draft picks. This had reminders of Marinelli written over it.

As a draft only to get better team, can you really afford to be burning 3rds on players like this?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A 3rd round pick isnt high for a CB. Thats basically where you can expect to take a sub package CB. And even then Wright was practically a 4th rounder. I dont necessarily think this would be the year to invest in a CB, but just because you drafted Wright doesnt mean you are anywhere close to good

quickccc

Reaction score
A 3rd round pick isnt high for a CB. Thats basically where you can expect to take a sub package CB. And even then Wright was practically a 4th rounder. I dont necessarily think this would be the year to invest in a CB, but just because you drafted Wright doesnt mean you are anywhere close to good

anything 1st to 3rd rd is considered a high pick. .pre-draft and post-draft, .the Jones have always said that they depend upon their 1st to 3rd rd picks to be starters or immediate heavy contributors

phildadon86

Reaction score
So, where are all the posters that was freaking out over him visiting the Rams, and blasting Jerry.
Why aren't they blasting the Rams for allowing him to leave without a contract.
Where is the double standard outrage.
:lmao2:
The anger is that the only visit we have heard about is the CEO of blockchain visiting Jerry’s office.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
anything 1st to 3rd rd is considered a high pick. .pre-draft and post-draft, .the Jones have always said that they depend upon their 1st to 3rd rd picks to be starters or immediate heavy contributors
A 3rd isnt very high for a money position like CB. The hit rate for starters at CB in the 3rd isnt great. Banking on a Money 5 position player drafted in the 3rd to become a starter is potential folly

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Since you need at minimum 4 CB's Wright was drafted to be a 3rd or 4th CB anyway. He has a ways to develop but it's possible he takes over for Brown in a year or 2.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on how he looked his rookie season?
I am not sure he even was active for any games or if he was a special teamer ?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The anger is that the only visit we have heard about is the CEO of blockchain visiting Jerry’s office.

So what do you expect, them to bring in a player every day? There will be anger even if they did sign a player. Not the right player, paid too much, not the right position.
Could have had this player instead. You know the routine, most are never satisfied. Hate it they did not sign a certain player, hate it if they did sign him.