I think there's some significant plan for CB Nahshon Wright's future

conner01

Reaction score
Other than the top couple of rounds you can’t expect too much from a CB early on. One reason is he’s not gonna get reps on most teams so he has to shine in practice
I think with most players you have to apply the 3 year rule. You don’t give up on a guy till he’s had 3 odd seasons to develop, then you know what you got
He has some talent though he has some physical limitations

kskboys

Reaction score
Me too. W/ his height, he'd be great at stocking stuff at Walmart.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'm already preparing myself to move on with him in the event ..and turn to investing more in 3rd round pick Nahshon Wright instead of panicking at jumping at CB.

A 3rd rd pick is really high for a guy to be just a mere backup . i would think there's some significant plan in Wright's future. Now that plan could be right now.

Great size, INT skills, 4.47 speed, a player Quinn personally favored.
Also we played with Anthony Brown, this is another matter why we don't think trading him away during draft day, ..or surprisingly some here thinking to cut him post June awhile back.
I liked him but he was bbq chicken too many times.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Part of doing business. All teams have done stuff like that.
Ask the Rams fans how they felt about them giving Gurley a huge contract, then releasing him.
Jerry would be fried, though the Zeke haters would love it. Part of their hypocrisy.

And Dallas did talk to Wagner supposedly. He wanted way too much $$$. I don't blame and am glad they did not sign him for that much.
Well, I think Wagner signed for $11-11.5 mil per year. Would have been money well spent on a porous middle of the D, imho. That said, he wanted to stay on the west coast and did

fivetwos

Reaction score
They treated the pick like a throwaway.

It was like...."Hey Dan, your turn to throw a dart."

Did anyone tell him his buddy had a 7th round grade?

That was what they did with the comp pick for Jones btw....for those of you that are all into those.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think he could end up being a good player who does some things well. However, I worry about his change of direction skills. A quick receiver will likely eat him alive and I’m concerned about opposing offensive coordinators targeting him with quick route runners.

If he is able to use his length on deep routes and crossers, he could be a weapon in those circumstances.
Agree he is a rangy strider yet very athletic.
Im not comfortable with him playing man just yet, he needs a good camp and 3rd round pick need to step up and contribute if not start.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I'm already preparing myself to move on with him in the event ..and turn to investing more in 3rd round pick Nahshon Wright instead of panicking at jumping at CB.

A 3rd rd pick is really high for a guy to be just a mere backup . i would think there's some significant plan in Wright's future. Now that plan could be right now.

Also we played with Anthony Brown, this is another matter why we don't think trading him away during draft day, ..or surprisingly some here thinking to cut him post June awhile back.

Of course he is a Boys pick and I wish him well, but needs to improve his backpedaling and hips movement. For a CB that is more important than having length and jump for contest balls . Just my opinion

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course he is a Boys pick and I wish him well, but needs to improve his backpedaling and hips movement. For a CB that is more important than having length and jump for contest balls . Just my opinion
Generally speaking, there is no improving hip movement. Maybe slightly. It is a genetic trait.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So, where are all the posters that was freaking out over him visiting the Rams, and blasting Jerry.
Why aren't they blasting the Rams for allowing him to leave without a contract.
Where is the double standard outrage.
:lmao2:
or the other 30 teams that allowed him to stay out there 6 weeks into FA?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He's another workout warrior guy who never made much difference on the actual football field. He is a talker, though. I doubt he gets cut bc the coaches who picked him arent going to admit they were wrong so easilly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't believe he'd be on a roster if we hadn't overdrafted him.
who wright? i man seriously all those saying things like this what a guy cant have few seasons to develop its boom or bust as rookie now? last i checked they were both rookies last year and will get a shot at developing but i dont think KJs getting cut unless more information comes out of his direct involvement with this and/or is arrested..

KJ the better player but NW has shot io saw his camp and practices hes raw and young and should be given a shot..i mean maybe its at safety but saying hes only here because of his draft status is a bit of an exaggeration.

kskboys

Reaction score
who wright? i man seriously all those saying things like this what a guy cant have few seasons to develop its boom or bust as rookie now? last i checked they were both rookies last year and will get a shot at developing but i dont think KJs getting cut unless more information comes out of his direct involvement with this and/or is arrested..

KJ the better player but NW has shot io saw his camp and practices hes raw and young and should be given a shot..i mean maybe its at safety but saying hes only here because of his draft status is a bit of an exaggeration.
Hard to tell what you're trying to say w/ all the runon sentences and such.

It appears you are claiming that we are not allowed opinions on players. Why do you feel this way?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hard to tell what you're trying to say w/ all the runon sentences and such.

It appears you are claiming that we are not allowed opinions on players. Why do you feel this way?
run on?? lmao you blind?? many uses of punctuations were used all over that post of mine.

BTW its Run on or run-on, not runon :laugh:

since we are trying hard to nitpick post..:facepalm::angry::rolleyes: