I think there's some significant plan for CB Nahshon Wright's future

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Hard to tell what you're trying to say w/ all the runon sentences and such.

It appears you are claiming that we are not allowed opinions on players. Why do you feel this way?
The issue is having an opinion without any real evidence. The most evidence is week 17 I believe he started and he didn't do anything that states he wouldn't be on a roster. Don't know why we can't atleast see what the guy looks like in camp. Reggie Robinson showed immediately in camp year 2 that he sucked. Give Wright the same shot.

plasticman

Reaction score
Whatever the plan was two weeks ago, I'm pretty sure it's been "accelerated".

That's what happens. One guy squanders a great opportunity and there is always someone that wants to take advantage of that same opportunity.

If Quincy Carter never failed that drug test then, most likely, Tony Romo would have remained a backup for a much shorter career.

kskboys

Reaction score
The issue is having an opinion without any real evidence. The most evidence is week 17 I believe he started and he didn't do anything that states he wouldn't be on a roster. Don't know why we can't atleast see what the guy looks like in camp. Reggie Robinson showed immediately in camp year 2 that he sucked. Give Wright the same shot.
I go by scouting reports, until I see them play. I saw the same evidence on RR, it was obvious he was too stiff to play DB at an NFL level. It appears Wright may be the same. Gotta mirror to play DB in the NFL, and due to scouting reports and the little I've seen in the pre, he does not appear to have it.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm already preparing myself to move on with him in the event ..and turn to investing more in 3rd round pick Nahshon Wright instead of panicking at jumping at CB.

A 3rd rd pick is really high for a guy to be just a mere backup . i would think there's some significant plan in Wright's future. Now that plan could be right now.

Great size, INT skills, 4.47 speed, a player Quinn personally favored.
Also we played with Anthony Brown, this is another matter why we don't think trading him away during draft day, ..or surprisingly some here thinking to cut him post June awhile back.

After last year I don't have high expectations but hope he can make a big year 2 jump.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect the plan is to sell him as something other than a huge reach. So far, I haven't seen anything that suggests he isn't scheme dependent which is another way of saying a "limited player". Which is another way of saying a big over reach in the 3rd. Which is exactly why the scouting concensus had him as a late round pick going into the draft. Which is another way of saying draft blunder which is exactly what they will try to avoid saying .... at all costs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the kid will get every chance 2 shine this offseasn. If he wants a roster spot on the 53, he will have to kick the door down and take it. He has his chance with the KJ fiasco.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I'm already preparing myself to move on with him in the event ..and turn to investing more in 3rd round pick Nahshon Wright instead of panicking at jumping at CB.

A 3rd rd pick is really high for a guy to be just a mere backup . i would think there's some significant plan in Wright's future. Now that plan could be right now.

Great size, INT skills, 4.47 speed, a player Quinn personally favored.
Also we played with Anthony Brown, this is another matter why we don't think trading him away during draft day, ..or surprisingly some here thinking to cut him post June awhile back.

he really diidnt look that good. Im thinking he wont make a 2nd contract

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I thought he looked good in some of the preseason last year. Played well in coverage and tackled well. Big dude. This is the type player you hope Quinn coaches up to his potential.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think switching him from CB to S, then back to CB, plus any ST's, learning too much. So it is really hard to say. He had a few decent plays, as well some missed plays.
The team screws a lot of players up with this position flex crap.
Only one that they did not screw up is Micah. But that is because he is that good, the coaches can't screw it up.

Will be interesting to see Wright's progress, if they leave him at CB and ST's.

They didn't switch Wright between Safety and CB.

He was a CB when they drafted him and remained at CB.

They moved Israel Mukuamu to Safety and he remained at Safety.

Reggie Robinson was moved back and forth after being drafted. He was on IR all of last season. They cut him in March.

kskboys

Reaction score
run on?? lmao you blind?? many uses of punctuations were used all over that post of mine.

BTW its Run on or run-on, not runon :laugh:

since we are trying hard to nitpick post..:facepalm::angry::rolleyes:
OMG, you don't even understand the humor of spelling it runon!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, you are so lame. You should use that lame little facepalm on yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

817Gill

Reaction score
They didn't switch Wright between Safety and CB.

He was a CB when they drafted him and remained at CB.

They moved Israel Mukuamu to Safety and he remained at Safety.

Reggie Robinson was moved back and forth after being drafted. He was on IR all of last season. They cut him in March.
Thank you, was getting ready to post something along these lines

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get your point, but Gurley is a horrible example. Rams fans are pretty happy right now savoring the Superbowl afterglow. Their team identified several mistakes (paying their QB and RB big money) and corrected them....AND then still made massive trades and free agency moves to better their team.

Cowboys had an area of need at LB and didn't pull the trigger. This is how they operate in Free Agency, for better or worse.

Go ahead and finish your train of thought here. We still have 2 bad contracts , Zeke and DLAW, that the organization is not willing to concede error or move on from...........no big trades were made addressing huge obvious areas of weakness at OT, G, DT, DE, LB, and WR. The Rams are the team we should be aspiring to be, but we don't have the organizational intelligence to do it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
OMG, you don't even understand the humor of spelling it runon!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, you are so lame. You should use that lame little facepalm on yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i say that was Lame attempt

I dont care because it was NOT a run on sentence go count all the punctuation. Maybe you need contacts or stronger glasses.

but we know what kind of troll you are all you do on sports forum is correct grammar, spelling and punctuation..cant use the word without getting benched but you know..

Jesse Pinkman says hello.

quickccc

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect the plan is to sell him as something other than a huge reach. So far, I haven't seen anything that suggests he isn't scheme dependent which is another way of saying a "limited player". Which is another way of saying a big over reach in the 3rd. Which is exactly why the scouting concensus had him as a late round pick going into the draft. Which is another way of saying draft blunder which is exactly what they will try to avoid saying .... at all costs.

I'm not sure where McClay's draft board had Wright, ..I like several others can only assume that Quinn had a major influence in pushing really hard for Wright, even if it was
going against player and draft round value. it just did not seem like a McClay like value draft pick.
And this is a player that we'll just have to see

I do not believe in drafting backups as high as the 3rd round. Just as 3rd WRs are considered "starters" .. same may have to go with 3rd CBs. with so much 3rd WR offense sets and
nickel pass packages, ..only this is an exceptional tall CB at 6'4, and we don't see that as 3rd CB/slot guys- even though Wright is supposedly have exceptional quick feet for one so tall.

Maybe with a year of experience in NFL under his belt and a bit more adjusted and confident going into his 2nd camp, we'll see what and why Quinn thought Wright was so
special and unique that he personally made a serious push for McClay to " reach" for him ?

kskboys

Reaction score
i say that was Lame attempt

I dont care because it was NOT a run on sentence go count all the punctuation. Maybe you need contacts or stronger glasses.

but we know what kind of troll you are all you do on sports forum is correct grammar, spelling and punctuation..cant use the word without getting benched but you know..

Jesse Pinkman says hello.
Says the guy who posts garbled nonsense!!!!!

And to make it even funnier, the bolded is another runon sentence!!!!!!!!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I go by scouting reports, until I see them play. I saw the same evidence on RR, it was obvious he was too stiff to play DB at an NFL level. It appears Wright may be the same. Gotta mirror to play DB in the NFL, and due to scouting reports and the little I've seen in the pre, he does not appear to have it.

Reggie Robinson's issue was not physical. He just couldn't adapt mentally (reported and discussed multiple times on local sports talk radio and the dc.com media people).

He actually had very good change of direction despite what a media scouting report indicated.
- He relied on athletic ability at the small college level which more than made up for his technique issues.

His #1 issue was similar to a LB that always bites on play fakes.
- He would bite on receivers first move and completely flip his hips in that direction.
- Once they cut back the other way he had to flip back 180 degrees.
- That worked at the small college level because his athletic ability was better than most WRs he faced.
- His technique made it appear as if he had 'tight hips' but that really wasn't the issue.
- Keep in mind that the draft media puts 90% of their scouting efforts into players projected to the top 100.

His #2 issue with the Cowboys was that the stage was just too big.
- He was accustomed to be a top athlete on his team in high school and college.
- Some players live for the big stage but some wilt away. The Cowboys are the big stage regardless of win/loss record.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Richard Sherman could 'mirror' WRs on an elite level in the traditional sense of Revis or Deion type coverage.

Seattle had him play a technique that took advantage of his length and masked his lack of Revis type movement skills.

Having Earl Thomas at FS really helped make that work.

In 2021 Diggs played a style with some similarities to Richard Sherman.
- It worked great for INTs but the majority of big plays he allowed where actually because Kazee is not remotely close to prime years Earl Thomas.

Summary:
- Wright would fit an many schemes, but neither would Richard Sherman.
- It is similar to Kearse having a career year in 2021 because of scheme fit.