Video: I think Urban Meyer will be next Dallas HC

Reaction score
My bet it will be announced this week. It's all pointing to Mayer. He's not going to Washington. Lots of talking heads are saying Mayer. This makes sense, someone to come in and make a run year one.... The FOX’s college football pregame show Urban was there smiling like a man who just got a big coaching payday.

Loso86

Reaction score
Well definitely not Washington, they just hired Rivera. I do believe they already know who they're getting though.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
If you go back and listen to Jerry, he made a comment about how it takes a college coach time to get adjusted to the NFL and would not be keen on going in that direction. Which leads me to believe, the delay with Garrett is all about convincing him to stay on as a consultant to the Head Coach to help with that part of the transition, from college to pros. A 1 year contract as a consultant is what I believe is being worked on right now. This benefits both Jerry and Garrett. Now what powers, if any, Garrett would have or what his exact role would be, I have no idea, but I don't think Garrett is going to be fired and I don't think he will be the HC next year. And I do believe that either the Baylor coach or Meyer will be the coach next year.

Flamma

Reaction score
Garrett 2.0 is the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. These meetings are pointing to negotiating an extension, nothing else.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
If you go back and listen to Jerry, he made a comment about how it takes a college coach time to get adjusted to the NFL and would not be keen on going in that direction. Which leads me to believe, the delay with Garrett is all about convincing him to stay on as a consultant to the Head Coach to help with that part of the transition, from college to pros. A 1 year contract as a consultant is what I believe is being worked on right now. This benefits both Jerry and Garrett. Now what powers, if any, Garrett would have or what his exact role would be, I have no idea, but I don't think Garrett is going to be fired and I don't think he will be the HC next year. And I do believe that either the Baylor coach or Meyer will be the coach next year.
Wouldn't shock me all things considered (JJ). But I think depending on his possible new title, it could undermine the new coach.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

An extension for Garrett as "consultant" would be a terrible idea. Yet more muddled authority and accountability.

But it would be so Jerry. Not just for the muddle, but then he'd keep alive a dream of getting Garrett back in the saddle.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
An extension for Garrett as "consultant" would be a terrible idea. Yet more muddled authority and accountability.

But it would be so Jerry. Not just for the muddle, but then he'd keep alive a dream of getting Garrett back in the saddle.

I am not saying I condone it, like it or want it. Just tossing out an idea that I have is all.

pancakeman

Reaction score
I find the idea that Garrett would be giving coaching guidance to Meyer preposterous in any case, and even more so after being canned as coach.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me all things considered (JJ). But I think depending on his possible new title, it could undermine the new coach.

Do you seriously think a guy like Urban Meyer who has forgotten more about football than Jason Garrett will ever know is going to agree to have Garrett serve as training wheel?