Video: I think Urban Meyer will be next Dallas HC

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The problem in hiring Urban is that it's likely going to take him about two to three years for him to get up to speed. And our "young" team will get old pretty quickly. In essence, we'll be wasting the talent we have. Besides, who is Urban going to select for his assistants? He's a college coach. Most of his guys are on the OSU staff now. He's going to have to identify his staff, and have mercy if he listens to Jerry Jones' recommendations.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Urban Cowboy is the coach JG is the president or whatever everyone is happy

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Hmmm not sold on Haskins and Keenum is a big fat no. However they invested a first round pick into a highly rated QB. Hard to rate Jones.. like his arm (it is a canon) but not sure.. Agree that both Haskins and Jones have high ceilings.. like very high.. but still think they are 2-3 seasons away in terms of team building around them.
Neither one of those QB’s have shown they can be even close to elite. For starting QB’s they are in the mid to high 20’s. Haskins hasn’t shown much at all!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chip Kelly? Really?
I'll give you Harbaugh, like I said, my memory is not perfect. I did mention Carroll and as for Coughlin, I think it took him a while, but he had a bunch of NFL experience prior to being named a HC.
As for the gap between the college game and the pro game, I think you are short selling that. I believe it to be huge. Just look at the roster difference. Player availability, practice limitations, and contract issues. Those are just the beginning of a list of major differences.[/QUOTE

]
Well Sounds like you are always right, but to counter one thing and then you can continue being right some more.

Not "short selling" anything, sure there is a wide gap between college and the NFL in the macro for most players and most programs but not between the NFL and draft caliber players who come out these days from the top 25 schools and BTW what does contract issues have to do with the quality of talent coming out of college to the NFL?. Since you didn't care for Chip Kelly and ok he is one you either understand or you don't, I'll throw out a couple more for you, Bobby Ross, Barry Switzer, Steve Mariucci, Don Coryell, Dick Vermeil. There are many more, yes there are many who failed but your argument that we shouldn't hire Meyer because he is coming right out of college and cant compete doesn't hold up.

BTW, regardless of our difference on this subject we do have something in common, Thank You For Your Service!
8 Years Submarine Service for me.