I think we can beat the Packers

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
After watching them yesterday, yes, I believe our defense could beat Rogers, but our offense likely wouldn't especially given the refs clear bias towards Green Bay for some wired reason. League must want them to get to 5 I guess.

shabazz

Reaction score
That's the biggest problem is dealing with the refs. Which is why I said play disciplined football. Give the refs as little to call as possible on us.

I would like to believe that because normally it would be true......but many of the calls are phantom calls with no evidence of an infraction......even the announcers are no longer holding their tongues about it as they used to.

Like I've stated before, on a last minute drive, the offense may have to gross 130 yards just to get in the end zone......count on it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would like to believe that because normally it would be true......but many of the calls are phantom calls with no evidence of an infraction......even the announcers are no longer holding their tongues about it as they used to.

Like I've stated before, on a last minute drive, the offense may have to gross 130 yards just to get in the end zone......count on it.

And the announcers last night were flabbergasted at the no call on the last INT. I get that, and I expect the refs to be in Rodgers's pocket, but I still think we should be able to win. I mean, if the league really is that rigged, and it might be, then what's the point of watching?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Totally agree. I watched the game too and their inability to stop the run was my first thought.

Then I thought about all the favorable penalties GB benefits from and I began wondering if Connor Williams being back in the lineup would draw flags by the refs. Not to mention Rogers throwing deep and Anthony Brown drawing flags.

Yes, I do expect to see a lot of rubbish calls on him if we start getting big runs. I mean, Chubb is a very good back. I was thinking, if their defence can't stop Chubb, what are they going to do with Zeke and Pollard. Also, we have Mike who used to coach there. So, I think he might know a few ways to avoid those calls.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As we’ve seen in the past they’ll just call phantom penalties…

Which is true. Put it this way. If the league is as rigged as you're saying (and I think it is rigged to an extent), then I hope it gets exposed for the frauds they are with that. I mean, people are starting to realise the officiating problems. Cuz there is no point watching a rigged league.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Let's compare, the Browns have Chubb and we have Zeke, the Browns have a Callihan coached O line and a run first mentality, we have an O line that has a different injury every week and Linehan ......... oops, Kellen Moore as our O C. Rodgers ALWAYS outsmart our coaching staff. Sprinkle in a few untimely sacks on Dak to kill drives and a int and of course we lose. Rodgers has our number home and away. The Browns don't get 240 yards rushing by sending Chubb up the "A" gap on most 1st downs like KM does.

Ah, but we have Mike now. Mike knows Rodgers. Perhaps that's one game where Mike takes some control of the playsheet to counterbalance what Rodgers likes to do.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Only one way around biased refs. Sounds harsh, but it really isnt,...its just being real. Before the game it needs to be made known to the refs that any of these " funny " calls/non calls will lead to number 12 having a really bad day. The kind of bad day where even if G.B advances their next game will be played with a backup QB. And MEAN IT. Win lose or draw all I want is a fair game.

I would possibily delivery some really hard hits on him early. Make him realise that, for the next 60 minutes, he's going to wish he stayed on the sideline with how hard he's going to get hit this game.

shabazz

Reaction score
And the announcers last night were flabbergasted at the no call on the last INT. I get that, and I expect the refs to be in Rodgers's pocket, but I still think we should be able to win. I mean, if the league really is that rigged, and it might be, then what's the point of watching?

I don't like the word rigged because that would mean having pretty solid proof of a conspiracy, I'd like to say that the refs follow the sentiment and respect by the NFL Commissioner toward the most influencial owners and organizations.

After Al Davis went after the NFL, the Raiders mysteriously for the next 40 plus years are the team most hurt by penalties and Jerry had been an agitator to the league as well

If you notice I didn't say most penalized, I said, " most hurt by penalties".... Because it's more important. WHEN the penalties are called rather than the amount of penalties

Impossible to prove, but we aren't fooled.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
After watching them yesterday, yes, I believe our defense could beat Rogers, but our offense likely wouldn't especially given the refs clear bias towards Green Bay for some wired reason. League must want them to get to 5 I guess.

I know that it helps that Rodgers is their cash cow, which is why all of them slobber on him. But, despite that, I think we have the team to beat them. Now, I'd prefer a team like LA or Tampa to get to them first because I don't think the Packers would survive either team. I think either of those would knock out Rodgers.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't like the word rigged because that would mean having pretty solid proof of a conspiracy, I'd like to say that the refs follow the sentiment and respect by the NFL Commissioner toward the most influencial owners and organizations.

After Al Davis went after the NFL, the Raiders mysteriously for the next 40 plus years are the team most hurt by penalties and Jerry had been an agitator to the league as well

If you notice I didn't say most penalized, I said, " most hurt by penalties".... Because it's more important. WHEN the penalties are called rather than the amount of penalties

Impossible to prove, but we aren't fooled.

I get that, and it does suck. I just, if it really is that way, and if the league is going to call things that way, then what's the point of watching?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not to state the obvious, but Dallas has to first get to a matchup with GB. The Dallas offense isn't exactly setting the world on fire right now, which means the defense might have to hold opponents to 17 points or less.

I was simply saying that, if we do, which I think we can, then I think we have the team to beat them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's like a drug.....i can't stop watching the Cowboys and hope that we can outscore a team enough to nullify the refs.

I'm that way too. I just enjoy watching the Cowboys too much, and I crafted my fursona and suit heavily around the Cowboys.

fivetwos

Reaction score
On paper we SHOULD be able to pound them on the ground the way Cleveland did....but then the games start and we can't really run the ball.

Keep in mind Clevelands running game is among the leagues best, and Chubb is still what Zeke used to be.

CAN we beat them? Yes, in Arlington.

It's possible to win in GB, but its going to take a perfect game to do it. We just don't play that way.

Then again, I'm not sure we have peaked yet either.

That's why they play!!

First things first though....tonight.

visionary

Reaction score
I was watching the Browns @ Packers game and saw areas of weakness in Green Bay we can exploit. They do not defend the run well. Chubb was killing them. I think a healthy dose of Zeke and Pollard should do the trick there. As good as Rodgers is, I think we have the players to put him on the ground. They will need to watch the ball. Do not fall for the hard count. Only move when the ball moves. If we can get pressure on him, that's when Rodgers struggles. Unlike in games past, we have the players to do that. We just need to execute. If we can, I think we will win the Super Bowl. The Packers are going to be our stiffest competition. Beat them, and 6 is ours.

Can we? I guess anything is possible in the NFL

Will we? Doubtful

Why?

1. we have a good not great QB who wilts under pressure Packers have an elite QB

2. we are an undisciplined team Packers are not

3. Packers have a very balanced offense and we have trouble with teams who can pass and run well

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Can we? I guess anything is possible in the NFL

Will we? Doubtful

Why?

1. we have a good not great QB who wilts under pressure Packers have an elite QB

2. we are an undisciplined team Packers are not

3. Packers have a very balanced offense and we have trouble with teams who can pass and run well

But, our defence is still getting better and they can't stop the run.