I think you almost have to sign Dak at this point

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Reason 1: This current crop of QBs is middling at best. Been a long time since there has been a college QB at the level of Manning. Manning was probably the last proven college QB that ended up being as good as predicted. It's just not the 70s-90s anymore where you had can't miss prospects like Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Manning.

I rather have Dak over Shedur Sanders, Quinn Evers, and that boneless new Manning boy. It's a joke to think that those guys would be a significant improvement over Dak.

Also, I don't McCarthy is told to tank because that would mean his job. He's gonna do his usual and try to win as many regular season games as he can so our dream of getting the #1 pick seems unlikely.

Reason 2: The signing of CD has invigorated me. I want more of the Sheriff Dak to CD express. It means our core is in place, and the last remaining thing to do is to build the pieces around our core 3 who looks to be here for a long long time.

So yup, get Dak resigned.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
Reason 1: This current crop of QBs is middling at best. Been a long time since there has been a college QB at the level of Manning. Manning was probably the last proven college QB that ended up being as good as predicted. It's just not the 70s-90s anymore where you had can't miss prospects like Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Manning.

I rather have Dak over Shedur Sanders, Quinn Evers, and that boneless new Manning boy. It's a joke to think that those guys would be a significant improvement over Dak.

Also, I don't McCarthy is told to tank because that would mean his job. He's gonna do his usual and try to win as many regular season games as he can so our dream of getting the #1 pick seems unlikely.

Reason 2: The signing of CD has invigorated me. I want more of the Sheriff Dak to CD express. It means our core is in place, and the last remaining thing to do is to build the pieces around our core 3 who looks to be here for a long long time.

Of course they are signing Dak.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
You can't sign Dak. He has shown signs of greatness...in the regular season...against poor teams...but when he gets to the playoffs he chokes. What is he, 2-5, in play-off games? He'll have had 9 seasons. If he doesn't produce against better competition this year he will walk and no one will complain.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We have nothing behind him and if we don’t re-sign him by the start of the regular season or at least during the season, he’s likely going to test free agency and be gone. The Cowboys will then be stuck with a QB carousel for who knows how long. Some of you may be relishing the thought, but not me.

Retro88

Reaction score
Lmao, they always have. They are not letting him walk away. For them to even realistically consider it, Dak would have to suffer a very serious injury and at that he may already be extended by then.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s so silly that people keep posting on Dak. Lamb’s contract has zero impact on Dak. Lance’s preseason played without starters while Rush barely buckled his chin strap all preseason has no impact on Dak or Rush.

Jerry and Stephen have been telling you guys all along that signing Dak is a priority, but they haven’t been pressured because Dak is in camp and committed. They have all season to resign him. Jerry and Stephen have always been pretty transparent.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Probably happen tomorrow or the end of the week at the latest in the words of Bob Sturm. But yeah, he's about to get PAID.

Reactions: CWR

Yobwocs

Reaction score
It’s so silly that people keep posting on Dak. Lamb’s contract has zero impact on Dak. Lance’s preseason played without starters while Rush barely buckled his chin strap all preseason has no impact on Dak or Rush.

Jerry and Stephen have been telling you guys all along that signing Dak is a priority, but they haven’t been pressured because Dak is in camp and committed. They have all season to resign him. Jerry and Stephen have always been pretty transparent.
This is a good take. They're just taking their time with a guy who's gonna be playing in Week 1.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Andrew Luck might have been the last can't miss QB prospect out of college, although Andy Reid will disagree. I thought the Dak and Lamb contracts would get done bang/bang. My window is closing on that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Jerry cornered himself once again. only he can F***ing do it and nobody can corner themselves better than Jerry.

I think he is now forced himself to a 2 year deal structured as a 4 year deal, and wash, rinse repeat in 2 years.

erod

Reaction score
Signing Dak will ensure that this 28-year pointless dumpster fire will continue another 5 years.

He's 31 and getting slower by the day. He's in regression sharply as an athlete.

That would be fine if he was a master of offense by now, but he is not. He's the same guy in that regard he was 5 years ago.

We've seen his peak already.

Hopefully, they're smart enough to let him play out his contract this year. Let his play determine his pay in the league.