I think you almost have to sign Dak at this point

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Again, Dak belongs to the same QB group as every other really good QB that isn't elite and can't make up the differences in the playoffs....You all act like there's a plethora of those elite QBs out there that can drag a team to playoff success. There's not. It's just Mahommes. Everyone else is stacking the deck as much as possible. Look at the last 10 SB winners. It's quite literally an insanely lucky run by Philly & a true "ALL IN" play by the Rams sandwiched together by 3 of the best 4 or 5 QBs to ever play the game.

You don't want to pay Dak then that's fine but stop acting like it's just any cheaper QB out there winning SBs. Its not.

GB and TB moved on from Rodgers and Tom Brady and went further in the playoffs so chill.

We don’t need Dak we need a better football team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It only happened because GB's defense took their foot off the gas. To say they played their A game the entire game simply isn't true.
He started putting up a lot of those yards before they let up in the fourth quarter. It’s not like he put up 250 yards in the fourth quarter. The Packers defense was getting so carved up they ended up having to put their starters back in. They let up because they were having such an easy time manhandling our defense. We couldn’t even hold them to an FG. It was all TDs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The score was 48-16 with under 6 mins left.

I know you Dak fans aren't bragging about what Dak did in the last 5 mins.

I KNOW you Dak fans aren't really doing that.
Right, and Dak never gave up. We practically doubled our score in no time because he kept battling. Had our defense played respectively and held the Packers to a couple of FG‘s, we would’ve had a chance in the fourth quarter. By Dak continuing the battle it forced the Packers to put their starters back in. I’m no Dak fan, but he’s clearly the best QB we have. I would move on from him with no issue if we had a better QB. I don’t care to end up like the Raiders this summer, having to choose between a couple of duds in 2025. Look at what the Steelers are going through. They’re having a decide between a washed up QB and one that can only run. Neither of them have looked impressive this summer but the Steelers are stuck. I don’t want to see the Cowboys end up in that situation next summer. You obviously don’t care because it’s anyone but Dak for you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To say they played their A game the entire game simply isn't true.
I never said Green Bay played their A game the entire game. Once they had total control, they started letting up in the fourth quarter. Had they kept playing all out they would have scored 60 on us.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Right, and Dak never gave up. We practically doubled our score in no time because he kept battling. Had our defense played respectively and held the Packers to a couple of FG‘s, we would’ve had a chance in the fourth quarter. By Dak continuing the battle it forced the Packers to put their starters back in. I’m no Dak fan, but he’s clearly the best QB we have. I would move on from him with no issue if we had a better QB. I don’t care to end up like the Raiders this summer, having to choose between a couple of duds in 2025. Look at what the Steelers are going through. They’re having a decide between a washed up QB and one that can only run. Neither of them have looked impressive this summer but the Steelers are stuck. I don’t want to see the Cowboys end up in that situation next year. You obviously don’t care because it’s anyone but Dak for you.
This "I would move on from him if we had a better QB" mindset is so weird to me.

What do you mean by that?

You think Dak is great. Therefore there are maybe 5 QBs you would take? Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lamar, and Herbert maybe? You're not getting any of those guys.

The younger guys maybe? Love, Stroud, or Williams? Nope. You're not getting any of those guys either.

So, drafting someone is definitely out of the question for you. Because that's just too scary and unknown. Free Agency is also out of the question because great QBs rarely hit it.

You're setting it up with that mindset to never move on from Dak, because in your mind, there's only a few guys better than him and you're never gonna get those guys. You're not going to get the younger guys either because the teams are letting them go.

Therefore you end up with what you want anyways. Dak.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As far as signing Dak is concerned, the FO says they'll be working on it. Of course, they didn't say when. Now that Cee Dee is just about ready to return, perhaps they'll get serious about signing Dak. It's just a matter of time for that to occur. I wonder how much extra money is left, though. ;)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This "I would move on from him if we had a better QB" mindset is so weird to me.

What do you mean by that?

You think Dak is great. Therefore there are maybe 5 QBs you would take? Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lamar, and Herbert maybe? You're not getting any of those guys.

The younger guys maybe? Love, Stroud, or Williams? Nope. You're not getting any of those guys either.

So, drafting someone is definitely out of the question for you. Because that's just too scary and unknown. Free Agency is also out of the question because great QBs rarely hit it.

You're setting it up with that mindset to never move on from Dak, because in your mind, there's only a few guys better than him and you're never gonna get those guys. You're not going to get the younger guys either because the teams are letting them go.

Therefore you end up with what you want anyways. Dak.
It’s pretty easy to see what I mean by it. We need a viable QB to take over for him that gives us a chance to win our division and make the playoffs every year. You have to make the tournament to have a chance. The biggest mistake you can make is to lose a franchise QB in free agency who’s been playing at an MVP level and have to start from scratch with another QB who probably isn’t even a starting caliber QB. You need to have a viable QB in place and the Cowboys don’t and we’ve seen in the past what’s happened when they don’t. We have no chance with Trey Lance or Cooper Rush. We’ll then be forced to use a draft pick on a QB that might not be worth the pick. We’ll have to reach for one. We’ll then have to bring in some veteran castoffs to compete for the job in the meantime. That could lead to a painful QB carousel all season. We could be going through a QB carousel for years. Moving on from Dak before we have a viable option in place to take over could lead to years of futility at the position.

I never said Dak is great but he’s very good and more than capable of reaching the Super Bowl with the right team. The Cowboys should’ve better prepared for life without him. Look at the Packers, they used a first round pick on Jordan Love while they still had Aaron Rodgers. They were preparing for a life without Rodgers while we’ve been staying with the same backup QB, who will never be more than that. We should have been developing a young drafted QB that could not only be a solid backup, but a potential starter. The Joneses understanding the dilemma they’re in with Dak, forced them to go after Trey Lance.

He’s not the answer and they probably know it, but they have nothing else to hold onto. It’s easy to move on from a QB when they’re declining and you’re not making the playoffs with them but it’s a painful proposition when you have one of the top 10 QBs in the league that’s been giving you chances in the playoffs every year. Dak may not be great, but he’s one of the best QBs the Cowboys have ever had. The team is in a real tough spot because if he leaves at the end of this season, they could be on a long and arduous search for a new QB. Trust me it won’t be a fun journey.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The score was 48-16 with under 6 mins left.
We doubled our score in 6 minutes. Had the defense not quit and got us a turnover or two and made some critical stops, keeping the Packers out of the end zone, we would’ve had a chance in the fourth quarter. San Francisco overcame a big deficit to Detroit because their defense stepped up.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He started putting up a lot of those yards before they let up in the fourth quarter. It’s not like he put up 250 yards in the fourth quarter. The Packers defense was getting so carved up they ended up having to put their starters back in. They let up because they were having such an easy time manhandling our defense. We couldn’t even hold them to an FG. It was all TDs.
GB's defense was in prevent for most of the 2nd half. Next excuse.....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
GB's defense was in prevent for most of the 2nd half. Next excuse.....
You’re the one making excuses. This was a playoff game and the Cowboys had the 5th ranked offense and were the number one scoring team. You’re just another fan looking for every opportunity to dump on Dak.