I think you almost have to sign Dak at this point

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Signing Dak will ensure that this 28-year pointless dumpster fire will continue another 5 years.

He's 31 and getting slower by the day. He's in regression sharply as an athlete.

That would be fine if he was a master of offense by now, but he is not. He's the same guy in that regard he was 5 years ago.

We've seen his peak already.

Hopefully, they're smart enough to let him play out his contract this year. Let his play determine his pay in the league.
Post of the evening!!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, if Dak is truly all that, then he'd want to wait till after the season. Then when he puts up record numbers, teams can bid for him, right?

Havic

Reaction score
It doesn’t come close to guaranteeing it. I’m not so sure Dak wants to re-sign with the Cowboys. Offers have been made, but he’s not accepting. Stephen said a few weeks ago it’s going to be up to Dak. He may want a fresh start somewhere else and could be looking forward to free agency. He’s got a ton of leverage. He could make a lot more money in free agency than what the Cowboys could pay him.
For Dak's stance yes, but the Jones have backed themselves into a corner now.

Havic

Reaction score
You got that from 1 preseason game? Aikman sucked pretty bad his rookie season, guess Jerry should have s-canned him too.
He hasn't looked great all preseason games, but has had "moments". This last game is the most concerning since it consists mostly of bubble players starting and guys who will be working at the grocery store next week or a used car dealership.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
For Dak's stance yes, but the Jones have backed themselves into a corner now.
The Joneses are definitely in a corner. When you don’t have a viable option at QB to take over, that’s like walking a tight rope without a safety net. It’s going to be a difficult situation in 2025 if Dak is no longer part of this team.

cowboyec

Reaction score
they have to.
no other option.
if they had been drafting qb's all along(shout out to my man bullet bob hayes)...maybe we'd have one.
but we don't.
so its...sign dak....then draft a qb.
ipso-fatso...solved.

Havic

Reaction score
The Joneses are definitely in a corner. When you don’t have a viable option at QB to take over, that’s like walking a tight rope without a safety net. It’s going to be a difficult situation in 2025 if Dak is no longer part of this team.
Tbh I think Dak wants to be here. You can be the highest paid QB in the league and just making it to the playoffs is good enough each year. Zero accountability and the highest paid? Sounds like a win to me

starfan1

Reaction score
I don’t care either way . The only thing I ask is have a solid replacement as I have 0 desire to go through pathetic losing seasons only to hope to find someone better and next year isn’t encouraging

Imagine logging on here to a cowboys extend Dak Prescott thread . Oh the meltdown would be epic , I think I would smile as I watch all the miserable posters break their “ I’m leaving if Dak get extended word”

If the defense and run game gets better this year we have a good chance but on paper it don’t look better

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Rodgers has only won 1 SB. If he played for the Cowboys, that still wouldn't be enough for this fan base.
We haven't payed in any championship game in 30 years. If Dak or any qb would win one sb he'd probably be given the key to the city. See the problem isn't winning sbs. The problem is we don't even play in championship games anymore. There are a whole generation of Cowboy fans that Don even remember when the Cowboy organization was repected and feared. Other teams fans used to hate us. Now they laugh at us. That's what 30 years of playoff failure will get you.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Reason 1: This current crop of QBs is middling at best. Been a long time since there has been a college QB at the level of Manning. Manning was probably the last proven college QB that ended up being as good as predicted. It's just not the 70s-90s anymore where you had can't miss prospects like Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Manning.

I rather have Dak over Shedur Sanders, Quinn Evers, and that boneless new Manning boy. It's a joke to think that those guys would be a significant improvement over Dak.

Also, I don't McCarthy is told to tank because that would mean his job. He's gonna do his usual and try to win as many regular season games as he can so our dream of getting the #1 pick seems unlikely.

Reason 2: The signing of CD has invigorated me. I want more of the Sheriff Dak to CD express. It means our core is in place, and the last remaining thing to do is to build the pieces around our core 3 who looks to be here for a long long time.

So yup, get Dak resigned.
Sorry, chap, I had to stop reading after "boneless" Manning kid. I laffed so hard. :laugh:
Not a good thing spitting out me tea and bologna sammie out me nostrils.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You got that from 1 preseason game? Aikman sucked pretty bad his rookie season, guess Jerry should have s-canned him too.
Funny. The Aikman to Lance comparison.
Maybe we can also mention Mahomes/Lamar and compare them to Lance.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Jerry just might be delusional enough to think he can upgrade the position for cheap with Lance next year. Jerry effused even more praise on Lance after the 5 INTs. I guess we will see what they do with Rush and that will give us more insight into what they really think.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tbh I think Dak wants to be here. You can be the highest paid QB in the league and just making it to the playoffs is good enough each year. Zero accountability and the highest paid? Sounds like a win to me
With all the abuse he takes from the fanbase, I’m not so sure he does want to be here. I know his brother has posted videos criticizing the fans. Dak has even told the fans to get over the Green Bay loss. Don Meredith in an interview years ago, said he retired from the Cowboys because of the fan abuse. It was kind of the same deal Dak is going through right now where fans blamed Meredith for the Cowboys playoff failures. He said he got fed up with it and lost his desire to play. Landry tried to talk him out of it, but he said he had enough. I don’t think any Cowboys QB has received more fan abuse than Dak. If he re-signs, it’s just going to get worse. I’ve been a fan of the Cowboys since 1972 and I’ve never seen a more disliked Cowboys player than Dak. The haters he has is unprecedented.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Nah.

If they offered him and he didn’t accept my guess is they aren’t going to do the NTC again, aren’t going to break the bank for him, differ on the years, etc.

He’ll play out his contract, see what happens and take it from there.

Dak got paid on his first contract based on pure potential, after his injury, and without any remarkable stats prior to that. He hasn’t lived up to it, especially in the playoffs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reason 1: This current crop of QBs is middling at best. Been a long time since there has been a college QB at the level of Manning. Manning was probably the last proven college QB that ended up being as good as predicted. It's just not the 70s-90s anymore where you had can't miss prospects like Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Manning.

I rather have Dak over Shedur Sanders, Quinn Evers, and that boneless new Manning boy. It's a joke to think that those guys would be a significant improvement over Dak.

Also, I don't McCarthy is told to tank because that would mean his job. He's gonna do his usual and try to win as many regular season games as he can so our dream of getting the #1 pick seems unlikely.

Reason 2: The signing of CD has invigorated me. I want more of the Sheriff Dak to CD express. It means our core is in place, and the last remaining thing to do is to build the pieces around our core 3 who looks to be here for a long long time.

So yup, get Dak resigned.
So what...ulitmately...do we get out of it?

Dak has a track record of decent regular seasons and playoff chokes.

A recipe for sit n spin.

60e5a31b-393d-4441-a990-921349e07c1e.3911c32f75c917b2c28254fc312c42bb.jpeg

If we choke miserably for a season or two...maybe our drafts improve? I dunno. But 2023 playoff Green bay....miserable. Rather have a team with some fight in them in our place there.

Havic

Reaction score
With all the abuse he takes from the fanbase, I’m not so sure he does want to be here. I know his brother has posted videos criticizing the fans. Dak has even told the fans to get over the Green Bay loss. Don Meredith in an interview years ago, said he retired from the Cowboys because of the fan abuse. It was kind of the same deal Dak is going through right now where fans blamed Meredith for the Cowboys playoff failures. He said he got fed up with it and lost his desire to play. Landry tried to talk him out of it, but he said he had enough. I don’t think any Cowboys QB has received more fan abuse than Dak. If he re-signs, it’s just going to get worse. I’ve been a fan of the Cowboys since 1972 and I’ve never seen a more disliked Cowboys player than Dak. The haters he has is unprecedented.
Dak has earned some of that hate by continuing to play awful when it matters most in the playoffs. He has tuned out the hate for years and I think highest paid + no accountability trumps the fanbase any day of the week. This dude would not survive in NY

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow...you think he cares about his fanbase? He told you to MOVE ON!