I think you almost have to sign Dak at this point

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak's defense has given up 30 points 3 times, one of the highest rates among active QBs not named Rodgers.

Add the component of McCarthy whose defense has given up 30 points 5 times with Rodgers, it's clearly the defense that's usually gonna be less trustworthy than the QB.

Cowboys defense adding a McCarthy seems like it's gonna suck most of the time and that should be the area we should be looking at instead of the QB.
Dallas defense has also led the league in TOs two years in a row and was top 5 last year.. also has a kicker last year that was nailing it from 60 yards out easily.

Cut the obscure fake stats.. if Dak can’t go toe to toe with a good team, he’s a stat padding bum

khiladi

Reaction score
Rodgers has only won 1 SB. If he played for the Cowboys, that still wouldn't be enough for this fan base.
Well, Dak hasn’t done anything even remotely close to Rodgers.. imaginary what-if scenarios that never happened for Dak don’t count..

And the Packers moved on with Jordan Love buddy.. just like they did with Favre.. they had a plan in both cases. Dak gets to be comfortable i

khiladi

Reaction score
Tbh I think Dak wants to be here. You can be the highest paid QB in the league and just making it to the playoffs is good enough each year. Zero accountability and the highest paid? Sounds like a win to me
of course he does…. Thr QB if the Cowboys is the most prestigious position in football, including with the endorsements. He also knows a new offense, with all the pressure to win in a terribly franchise will expose him like no other..

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dallas defense has also led the league in TOs two years in a row and was top 5 last year.. also has a kicker last year that was nailing it from 60 yards out easily.

Cut the obscure fake stats.. if Dak can’t go toe to toe with a good team, he’s a stat padding bum
You clearly arent following the drift of this thread

kskboys

Reaction score
Reason 1: This current crop of QBs is middling at best. Been a long time since there has been a college QB at the level of Manning. Manning was probably the last proven college QB that ended up being as good as predicted. It's just not the 70s-90s anymore where you had can't miss prospects like Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Manning.

I rather have Dak over Shedur Sanders, Quinn Evers, and that boneless new Manning boy. It's a joke to think that those guys would be a significant improvement over Dak.

Also, I don't McCarthy is told to tank because that would mean his job. He's gonna do his usual and try to win as many regular season games as he can so our dream of getting the #1 pick seems unlikely.

Reason 2: The signing of CD has invigorated me. I want more of the Sheriff Dak to CD express. It means our core is in place, and the last remaining thing to do is to build the pieces around our core 3 who looks to be here for a long long time.

So yup, get Dak resigned.
3. It's completely up to Dak.

4. If we pay him huge, we've just resigned ourselves to early playoff exits.

5. Can't build that core w/ paying too many players at the top of the market.

shabazz

Reaction score
More and more people are getting it ........ Dak is a problem with his "deer in the headlights" playoff performances.

Only a few stragglers left.
They linger for quite a while......every once in a while I still see someone wearing an ancient " Members Only" jacket

They are truly the last members

shabazz

Reaction score
3. It's completely up to Dak.

4. If we pay him huge, we've just resigned ourselves to early playoff exits.

5. Can't build that core w/ paying too many players at the top of the market.
But we retain " relevance" which is the main goal.

We all heard it straight from the horses crusty mouth

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
More and more people are getting it ........ Dak is a problem with his "deer in the headlights" playoff performances.

Only a few stragglers left.
The ones left are, unfortunately, the most obnoxiously loud also.

The “going down with the Dak ship” they’ve reserved themselves to is going to make it mighty hard for them to act like Cowboys fans once Dak is gone.

That is, of course, if they all don't go with him, which some absolutely will. Especially OP.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Reason 1: This current crop of QBs is middling at best. Been a long time since there has been a college QB at the level of Manning. Manning was probably the last proven college QB that ended up being as good as predicted. It's just not the 70s-90s anymore where you had can't miss prospects like Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Manning.

I rather have Dak over Shedur Sanders, Quinn Evers, and that boneless new Manning boy. It's a joke to think that those guys would be a significant improvement over Dak.

Also, I don't McCarthy is told to tank because that would mean his job. He's gonna do his usual and try to win as many regular season games as he can so our dream of getting the #1 pick seems unlikely.

Reason 2: The signing of CD has invigorated me. I want more of the Sheriff Dak to CD express. It means our core is in place, and the last remaining thing to do is to build the pieces around our core 3 who looks to be here for a long long time.

You have heard of the definition of insanity, right? If not just post that you don't, and someone will enlighten you.

Dak's had 8 years in the league. Only 1 quarterback in NFL history has been with one team longer before getting to the championship game, Ken Anderson with the Bengals with 10 years, and he lost that SB. So, history is not on our side.

Sure, Dak could make history, after all the Cowboys have made history several times, twice during Jimmy's tenure as head coach. Of course, they also made bad history by losing to the Texans in the Texan's first ever game. (Boy, was that embarrassing!)

Dak's had his run. He did his best, but by now if by some miracle he does win it all, it'd be the freak occurrence of all NFL freak occurrences.

I'm not wanting to find out. Let Dak play out his contract and move on....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He improved and every QB plays trash teams. You’re blinded by your hate.
He lost at home in the first round. How is that better than 2016, 2021 and 2023? If memory serves, those years they also lost the first game.
As a matter of fact he won the first game in 2022, so he's not improved, he's regressed back to 2016 and 2021 level.

Look, I like Dak. He's a very good quarterback. Regardless of your opponents, winning 12 games 3 years in a row isn't done by mediocre quarterbacks.

But he doesn't have "it", whatever "it" is, whether physical or mental. We (mostly) all cheered when Garrett was let go, he had 10 years, do you just want to let 10 years be the magic number of seasons before someone is let go? Is that it? If so, that's a very poor way to make decisions. (Though we're talking about Jerry, he's made some monumentally bad decisions in the past 28 years, you know)

I imagine not, but whatever the reason, it's time to make a change after this year...

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Finding a franchise QB is one of the hardest things to do. Some teams take years to find one. We know what Dak is. Love him or hate him he’s a top 10 QB. And he struggles in the post season. Perhaps we overcome that by continuing to build the best oline and defense to support him and hope it clicks someday. The alternative is a middling team missing the playoffs and a revolving door at QB. Like it or not our best chance to win “right now” is with Dak. Perhaps we can draft or sign a young guy to develop and maybe Lance is that guy. But for now, our guy is #4.

CWR

Reaction score
Signing Dak will ensure that this 28-year pointless dumpster fire will continue another 5 years.

He's 31 and getting slower by the day. He's in regression sharply as an athlete.

That would be fine if he was a master of offense by now, but he is not. He's the same guy in that regard he was 5 years ago.

We've seen his peak already.

Hopefully, they're smart enough to let him play out his contract this year. Let his play determine his pay in the league.
Last year was probably his best year to date. Regression is coming for everyone, but it hasn't caught Dak yet. He's probably able to play at the same level for another 2 or 3 seasons.

Fortunately he's not built like a tubby Tony Romo and has taken good care of himself.

erod

Reaction score
Last year was probably his best year to date. Regression is coming for everyone, but it hasn't caught Dak yet. He's probably able to play at the same level for another 2 or 3 seasons.

Fortunately he's not built like a tubby Tony Romo and has taken good care of himself.
Last year Dak was gawd awful against every good team we played.

Retro88

Reaction score
There are still QBs asked to carry the team and QBs who have the team carry them.

Guess which category Dak belongs to?

If you want to be average or above and do nothing in the post season then Dak’s a great option but I promise we don’t need to spend 65 mill a year to do that.
Again, Dak belongs to the same QB group as every other really good QB that isn't elite and can't make up the differences in the playoffs....You all act like there's a plethora of those elite QBs out there that can drag a team to playoff success. There's not. It's just Mahommes. Everyone else is stacking the deck as much as possible. Look at the last 10 SB winners. It's quite literally an insanely lucky run by Philly & a true "ALL IN" play by the Rams sandwiched together by 3 of the best 4 or 5 QBs to ever play the game.

You don't want to pay Dak then that's fine but stop acting like it's just any cheaper QB out there winning SBs. Its not.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

The Express does not make deliveries during playoff time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He lost at home in the first round. How is that better than 2016, 2021 and 2023? If memory serves, those years they also lost the first game.
As a matter of fact he won the first game in 2022, so he's not improved, he's regressed back to 2016 and 2021 level.

Look, I like Dak. He's a very good quarterback. Regardless of your opponents, winning 12 games 3 years in a row isn't done by mediocre quarterbacks.

But he doesn't have "it", whatever "it" is, whether physical or mental. We (mostly) all cheered when Garrett was let go, he had 10 years, do you just want to let 10 years be the magic number of seasons before someone is let go? Is that it? If so, that's a very poor way to make decisions. (Though we're talking about Jerry, he's made some monumentally bad decisions in the past 28 years, you know)

I imagine not, but whatever the reason, it's time to make a change after this year...
You haters blame 1 guy for the playoff failures. That’s not very bright.