I, too, have been dubious about Dak but I must confess

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Dak has been playing very good football the last month. But we have all seen it before and we all know how it ends. But I will enjoy the wins as they come.

Jipper

Reaction score
nope - nothing has changed for me nor will it until he beats a quality opponent. I have seen this horror movie too many times and I am not falling for it again until I see something different. Win in Charlotte, take care of business on turkey day and then beat a good Seattle team to set up the showdown with Philly and I will start to believe. Until then, its just regluar season typical dak / cowboys fools gold

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak looks great against crap teams. He looks average against good, or really good teams.

Who we've beat:
Patriots 2-8
Rams 3-6
Jets 4-5
Chargers 4-5
Giants 2-8

Who we've lost to:
49'rs 6-3
Eagles 8-1
Cardinals 2-8
That has been his USP so it's no surprise. When the Cowboys completely overmatch the opposition he feasts but when he's asked to do more to win a game he fails.

His best game and most relevant performance was against the Chargers. Whilst the Cowboys should be winning that game as they have by far the stronger roster, he made some good plays and played well. It's the only game out of the 6 wins where it's questionable if Cooper Rush would have won as well but then the team would have had enough salary cap to bring in 2 blue chip players without Prescott so likely win any way.

Before people bang on about Rush - don't forget the teams's record is 5-1 with him at QB the last two seasons.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
We don't know how this ends though lol.
Yes we do. You can deny it. You can hope it doesn't. But Dak will play great in the Wildcard game against who ever the NFC South puts out.. and will play completly opposite the next week and get sent home.. like normal. It's the same Dak with the same results until he proves otherwise.

Gambit

Reaction score
Because the Giants didn't have Danny DeVito at QB and those teams were not as loaded as this Cowboys team particularly on defense.
So, yesterday it was the Dallas D that put up over 600 yards offense and it was all against Devito?

Dak threw for 400 yards against Devito?

Seems suspicious, but okay, it's your story bro I'll let you tell it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was more so replying to your comment that "he typically feasts on teams like these"....
Nothing false about what I said though. All of the wins and Dak’s best games were against teams at or below .500. He has always performed well against those type of teams. Philthy is the exception of the best/better teams because Dallas and Dak don’t go into a shell against them.

There is only one NFC team that is worrisome and you know who that is.

glimmerman

Reaction score
:hammer:That goal-line play made zero sense......ran the right into the strength of the D ( literally one of the best DT in the game )
I don’t understand what they are doing. There is something wrong with Luepke. He was brought in to be MM FB/RB. Luepke has a 4 yard TD on the goal line. He has had 3 carrys for 13 yards and a TD. They won’t use him. Someone don’t like him. I know JJ wants his money getting the ball. He wants Pollard to start because he is paying him starter money. But when we use Dowdle and then Pollard both players got more yards. The goal line has got to be figure out.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dak is an up and down QB. I don't know why anything has changed. I guess it's changed for those that actually thought Dak was trash. He's a good qb but he is inconsistent. We saw it last year. Until he starts winning in the playoffs it' all doesn't matter anyway. Wait until you see his numbers next week. I want to see what he does in December.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't think it was just Dak though. They are literally now running plays that use Dak's legs. I'm not talking about option plays there were a few times yesterday where soon as he hikes it he's running to make a throw. This seems to be intentional.
For sure they are using designed rollout plays. What I don’t like is that we are trying or having to use designed rollout plays to the weak or left side. It looks and has to be awkward for Dak. It’s to get away from the pressure on Steeles side. He is not playing well. But yeah the designed plays look good. I wish he would keep a few of those option plays. A couple of them he had miles of field in front of him.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
...have the last four games changed your perception of him? It appears he can now see the entire field and is better at reading the defense. Especially, pre-snap. He checked off several times yesterday and would find the open receiver. He actually hit receivers in stride and I love the slants that they ran. Give credit where credit is due. I know it was the Vagiants but I thought that MM called a great game. Your thoughts?
Dak has played better lately BUT the lack of a quality run game is going to bite us in the rear end.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
If we're being honest and telling the true narrative there's no "bad Dak" that will appear. He has pretty much destroyed every team he's seen it’s just one team that keeps standing in his way and it’s the 9ers and based on what I saw yesterday? It may still be his downfall if nothing changes.
Agree to a point but it used to be…under JG…late season games in Philly or just a game we needed. And I want to reiterate I think he is playing great and has played great before. But that hump needs to be cleared.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’m pretty level headed about dak but I don’t think it’s fair to form opinions about him based on this 4 game stretch. Just like that very difficult 4 game stretch in December wont be fair to validate opinions on him either. For some until he wins a super bowl or gets to a championship game it won’t matter.

We’ve seen mvp like stretches for him before in his career- the thing with dak is his consistency and ability to do it against tougher competition. I think dak is a good quarterback and more than capable but also don’t expect him to play at an mvp level consistently- which is why he never imo gets to that true top 5 elite territory

Not elite but also doesn’t suck either….the truth is more in the middle. He’s a good quarterback who can play great in stretches.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
...have the last four games changed your perception of him? It appears he can now see the entire field and is better at reading the defense. Especially, pre-snap. He checked off several times yesterday and would find the open receiver. He actually hit receivers in stride and I love the slants that they ran. Give credit where credit is due. I know it was the Vagiants but I thought that MM called a great game. Your thoughts?
he missed a couple of WRs against Giants. he had an interception. same in previous game.. no, not sold until he fixes those issues. he doesn't account for pressures when OL fails and hurries too much at time, holds too long that lead to sacks. he is not elite and I will not stop criticizing him until we get an elite QB.
;)

bewp7

Reaction score
I can't imagine following a team and watching every game and not having any fun while doing it because it "isn't the playoffs".

Just miserable.
what u mean

i have fun watching i just say that my mind about dak did not change because of 3-4 game in october and november

Reactions: Ken