I, too, have been dubious about Dak but I must confess

glimmerman

Reaction score
After niners game it finally got through to Dak that he has to use his legs at times. Just like when he came into the league. That’s what makes him dangerous. He can make the throws but he needs to make the runs occasionally. Now if MM and JJ could realize Pollard up the middle early in games is not going to work and Dowdle makes more sense early then the run game would be better. But what is MM doing on the goal line .

rags747

Reaction score
Dak is playing like an All Star QB the past 4 weeks, the question is can he keep it up. When Dak is On and in a groove he’s a Top 3 QB. Has had many beautiful passes with lots of touch on them. Let’s all hope that he can keep it up!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Something happened after that SF game and the offense has been on fire ever since.
100%.......the attacks against him after that were brutal and vicious (rightfully so ). Hell, I read a couple of tweets that even a few teammates were looking at him sideways ( not sure how true it is ). It appears he took a long hard look in the mirror or a trusted confidant gave him some hard cold truths about leaving plays on the field. Either way, he playing with a more sense of urgency for sure.

Swagger

Reaction score
...have the last four games changed your perception of him? It appears he can now see the entire field and is better at reading the defense. Especially, pre-snap. He checked off several times yesterday and would find the open receiver. He actually hit receivers in stride and I love the slants that they ran. Give credit where credit is due. I know it was the Vagiants but I thought that MM called a great game. Your thoughts?
In a word no.

Had he concentrated and executed either of the final two drives against the Eagles then I would have thought perhaps but having played very well to give the Cowboys a chance of winning - as the defense did by making a couple of stops late giving him the ball back, he was unable to get it done in a key game in the clutch as has been his USP in his career to date.

The Giants are the worst team in the NFL along with the Cardinals and Panthers. The Cowboys are on a different level - over the past 25 years how many occasions has the Cowboys had a defense that could make 4 stops 12 yards from the end zone following an interception in the Redzone?

There's more feasting to come against the Panthers. Another pointless game longer term and one to pad the stats.

The season will come down to which team secures the #1 seed between the Cowboys and Eagles. The Arizona defeat could well be the difference and annoyingly it was a game where you need your franchise QB to get the team over the line.

CWR

Reaction score
People around here always go overboard with their praise. I am willing to say that Dak played well this last game. But when you start putting up notions like Top 5 QB and MVP, that is pure homerism to me.

People around here go overboard.

That's where the sentence should stop, because it's equally if not more ridiculous for criticism.

We had nimrods on here suggesting we start Rush.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
After niners game it finally got through to Dak that he has to use his legs at times. Just like when he came into the league. That’s what makes him dangerous. He can make the throws but he needs to make the runs occasionally. Now if MM and JJ could realize Pollard up the middle early in games is not going to work and Dowdle makes more sense early then the run game would be better. But what is MM doing on the goal line .
:hammer:That goal-line play made zero sense......ran the right into the strength of the D ( literally one of the best DT in the game )

RD21

Reaction score
Dak looks great against crap teams. He looks average against good, or really good teams.

Who we've beat:
Patriots 2-8
Rams 3-6
Jets 4-5
Chargers 4-5
Giants 2-8

Who we've lost to:
49'rs 6-3
Eagles 8-1
Cardinals 2-8

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
...have the last four games changed your perception of him? It appears he can now see the entire field and is better at reading the defense. Especially, pre-snap. He checked off several times yesterday and would find the open receiver. He actually hit receivers in stride and I love the slants that they ran. Give credit where credit is due. I know it was the Vagiants but I thought that MM called a great game. Your thoughts?
He's playing great. I just agree with what I heard on the Ticket today.....he does this yearly. Dak has the skillset. Didn't he reel off 8 straight his rookie year? This isn't new. I think people are just gun shy that the other Dak will show up in December/January.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s playing really good this past month, can’t deny that. He usually feasts on teams like those anyways. If he plays like that through Miami and Buffalo…….he might have found something inside for the better. Time will tell……

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think it was just Dak though. They are literally now running plays that use Dak's legs. I'm not talking about option plays there were a few times yesterday where soon as he hikes it he's running to make a throw. This seems to be intentional.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s playing really good this past month, can’t deny that. He usually feasts on teams like those anyways. If he plays like that through Miami and Buffalo…….he might have found something inside for the better. Time will tell……
But he played like this against the EAgles just a week ago lol.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He certainly is playing extremely well right now. Wishing him the best moving forward.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’s playing well but we’ve learned over 8 years that it doesn’t last with Dak. He’s an inconsistent player and will likely look completely different in January.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's playing great. I just agree with what I heard on the Ticket today.....he does this yearly. Dak has the skillset. Didn't he reel off 8 straight his rookie year? This isn't new. I think people are just gun shy that the other Dak will show up in December/January.
If we're being honest and telling the true narrative there's no "bad Dak" that will appear. He has pretty much destroyed every team he's seen its just one team that keeps standing in his way and its the 9ers and based on what I saw yesterday? It may still be his downfall if nothing changes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s playing well but we’ve learned over 8 years that it doesn’t last with Dak. He’s an inconsistent player and will likely look completely different in January.
He's played well in January....not against the 9ers admittedly but its not a issue like the lights get bright and he shrinks. Its one team that he can't get over.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
My perception hasn't changed. He is in the top 8 QB's in the league. He was in the top 8 QB's in the league prior to this last stretch of games.

Super Bowl QB's - Mahomes, Goff, Stafford, Burrow and Hurts. Only 2 current starting QB's in the NFL have won Super Bowls. Goff, Burrow and Hurts have at least made it to the Super Bowl.

Dak is somewhere in the following group of QB's who seem to have the talent to get to the Super Bowl, but haven't delivered on their promise - Allen, Cousins, Herbert, Jackson, Prescott, Lawrence, Prescott, Stroud, Watson. You might add Tugovailoa and Geno Smith to this upper middle group of QB's. You might also argue if Stafford remains in the upper level of QB's, or if his performance has dropped him down.

Here is a link to the current QBR rating for 2023 starting QB's: https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/qbr/dir/desc

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
If the last four games changed your perspective on Dak then you weren't paying attention to begin with.