I, too, have been dubious about Dak but I must confess

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Dak is playing good. One of the main reasons this offense has looked good is because of him. He still must play good in a divisional playoff game for me to ever trust him. He has played SO bad against the 49ers the last 2 times we've played them that I don't think asking him to step up in a playoff game against a SB contender is asking too much. Even if he just plays average I'll give him the pass. He is the main reason we've been booted out of the playoffs the past 2 years. Fix that and he fixes his narrative.
I get what you're saying, and I kind of feel the same way.

But the funny thing is, Dak has played in 4 Div playoff games, and he's shown he's capable.

Played Great against GB (lost)
Played Really Good against LAR (lost)
Played Okay against SF (lost)
Played Horrible against SF (lost)

The last SF game looms large in our brains, and for good reason-- getting past the Div Round is the only thing that matters to most of us at this point.

Loso86

Reaction score
...have the last four games changed your perception of him? It appears he can now see the entire field and is better at reading the defense. Especially, pre-snap. He checked off several times yesterday and would find the open receiver. He actually hit receivers in stride and I love the slants that they ran. Give credit where credit is due. I know it was the Vagiants but I thought that MM called a great game. Your thoughts?
Whoever says yes are juat bi polar fans who will hate him the next time we lose or he has a bad game

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Great analysis.
I think those spurts of greatness are why so many fans are frustrated with him.
It's like, why cant you give us that level of play day in and day out ?

Imo that speaks to how hard it is to play at that level than it is about daks short comings. But I agree that it is frustrating.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah sure. It’s been a problem. Especially for a team with talent like Dallas. Good streaks vs bad teams like LA and the Giants mean little.
They mean A LOT. Streaks against bad teams help build up team confidence. I remember during the 90’s run looking forward to a 3 or 4 game stretch against weaker teams because I knew the team would be on a roll at the end of it and ride it going forward. They always played great after one of those streaks that carried them to Super Bowls.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Great analysis.
I think those spurts of greatness are why so many fans are frustrated with him.
It's like, why cant you give us that level of play day in and day out ?
It’s 2023 and there are fans who still think that only QB’s are responsible for losses. They never look at what the rest of the team did or how the game was coached. Cowboys lose = Dak’s fault.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Whoever says yes are juat bi polar fans who will hate him the next time we lose or he has a bad game
None of the haters have the intestinal fortitude to say yes. No backbone. It’s not in their DNA.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, and I kind of feel the same way.

But the funny thing is, Dak has played in 4 Div playoff games, and he's shown he's capable.

Played Great against GB (lost)
Played Really Good against LAR (lost)
Played Okay against SF (lost)
Played Horrible against SF (lost)

The last SF game looms large in our brains, and for good reason-- getting past the Div Round is the only thing that matters to most of us at this point.
I think we fall in the same line. I'm just a realist more then a homer or hater when it comes to Dak. I am totally fine giving Dak his credit when he plays well. I'm also totally fine giving him blame when he doesn't. The biggest difference is I hope Dak plays good every game, as our chance of winning sky rockets. I think many here actually enjoy when he plays bad to help there case.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think we forget that beating other good teams requires a total team effort as well as coaching. This is why we had the same issue in the Garrett/Romo era.

Other good teams often have the coaching advantage over us, and more-so psychological edge with how fragile Cowboys football culture can be mentally.

We often have the talent to beat worse teams without coaching being great, but you can’t get away with that versus the top of the league; especially without a generational QB.

Does Dak need to be better in those games? Sure. But nobody outside or Mahomes/Brady types is going to win games against the best teams consistently if the coaching and culture isn’t up to par.

For example, last year Steve Young said we are never beating the niners running “the same plays from 2015”. You can’t be at that much of a schematic disadvantage and expect to win, especially without an all timer at QB.
Great insights as usual , sir !
:thumbup:

shabazz

Reaction score
call me after the 5 game stretch against the Bills ,Dolphins, Eagles, Lions and Seahawks,

Gambit

Reaction score
Cowboys also had excellent starting field position on a regular basis thanks to the Cowboys D
So you're now arguing 641 yards of offense is due to short fields?

Then you reference opening drive which was, here let me put my glasses on oh yes 71 yards offense.

Seems your narratives keep collapsing on them selves.

Again, why is it only the Cowboys have had such success against the Giants if they are soooo terrible.

You've yet to explain this with anything substantial.

Further, the D was able to stop the Giants offense on four occasions only 12 yards out following an ill advised interception by #4
Question, are there any well advised interceptions? But you did try so very hard to shine a light brightly unto one mistake, but again if it's such a horrible Giants D, how'd they get 2 picks on the night?

How did Prescott play against the 2-8 Cardinals bro?
Poorly, as he did against the 49ers, but what does that have to do with the fact that he and the rest of the offense just did what what other top teams couldn't do against the Giants? Huint, nothing is the answer, nice red Herring attempt though.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think we fall in the same line. I'm just a realist more then a homer or hater when it comes to Dak. I am totally fine giving Dak his credit when he plays well. I'm also totally fine giving him blame when he doesn't. The biggest difference is I hope Dak plays good every game, as our chance of winning sky rockets. I think many here actually enjoy when he plays bad to help there case.
Yup

The divisional round @ SF last year was the first playoff game that I thought Dak lost us.

Sure he didn't win the game vs SF the previous year, but he played so poorly last post season that I was confident he was the reason we lost.

I think that's what makes me have doubt going into this year and his future. At least he appears to be getting back on track. We'll see though.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Yup

The divisional round @ SF last year was the first playoff game that I thought Dak lost us.

Sure he didn't win the game vs SF the previous year, but he played so poorly last post season that I was confident he was the reason we lost.

I think that's what makes me have doubt going into this year and his future. At least he appears to be getting back on track. We'll see though.
Yep - If he plays like he has the past 4 weeks he will be the reason we win in the playoffs. I'm fine waiting to see it first though, totally believe he can do it. Just want to see it.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak looks great against crap teams. He looks average against good, or really good teams.

Who we've beat:
Patriots 2-8
Rams 3-6
Jets 4-5
Chargers 4-5
Giants 2-8

Who we've lost to:
49'rs 6-3
Eagles 8-1
Cardinals 2-8
Here's the funny thing about those Jets and Chargers wins.

Because Dak beat them, they have a losing record at 4-5... so therefore, they're just "crap teams" and the wins aren't impressive.

Had we lost those games? Then those teams would be 5-4, and it would be 2 more games of proof that Dak can't beat "winning teams."

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dorsett33

Reaction score
no

dak has play good but i just do not care about what he do against the giants in november

i saw dak play good in the regulsr season many time

i care about what he do against san francisco in january

sorry
So, had he played bad, would you not care about that either?