I understand that it's a team game, BUT Romo....

durrrr

Reaction score
I'm looking at talent. Better arm. Stronger arm. Intangibles. Cutler has one of the best arms in football. He can make any throw. Any GM in the league would say the same.

Yeah, Jamarcus Russell has a great arm, too. Don't think any GM would disagree with that, either. Having a great arm doesn't make you a great QB. Having a better arm than another QB doesn't make you better than that QB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo's has so much will power that he can cover AND tackle Marshall, Forte, Jeffery...no problem. He'll also catch his own passes, rush for 100 yards, and provide his own protection...and sack the QB. Oh, almost forgot, he'll also return and cover all kicks and do all the punting and kicking.
Now THAT is will power!!!

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Yeah, Jamarcus Russell has a great arm, too. Don't think any GM would disagree with that, either. Having a great arm doesn't make you a great QB. Having a better arm than another QB doesn't make you better than that QB.
Matt Cassel and Matt Flynn look good in limited time too. Cutler has been good for years. McCown has looked good for 3 games and you want to crown him? Smh. If someone with football smarts thought he was better, like his HC, then he would've had a starting gig full time by now.

durrrr

Reaction score
Matt Cassel and Matt Flynn look good in limited time too. Cutler has been good for years. McCown has looked good for 3 games and you want to crown him? Smh. If someone with football smarts thought he was better, like his HC, then he would've had a starting gig full time by now.

3 games? Try 6+. And I'm hardly "crowning him," just saying he's been better than Cutler this season. Your only argument against that is arm strength and "intangibles," and I honestly have no idea what you're referring to with the latter.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Josh McCown has a 106 QB rating with 9 TDs and only 1int. He's pretty good.
The main obstacle is winning on the road at Chicago. That's usually an accomplishment for any team.

I do think Dallas can do it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
.....let's keep it funky, there is no reason Tony Romo should let Josh freaking McCown beat him tomorrow. if you want Romo to be more widely respected around the league and by the media, he needs to will his team to victory tomorrow, NO MATTER the adversities presented to him. This is Josh McCown we are talking about folks, a lifelong journey man QB. We did not give Tony Romo a $108 million dollar deal to lose a critical game in December to a Josh McCown led team. I already know the manufactured responses are coming about this being a team game and its not fair to put that type of pressure on Romo...I'm sorry, when you invest 20% of your cap on a single player, I think its fair that I expect Romo to outduel McCown at all costs. Especially when the other team has a bad defense similar to ours. ELITE qbs do not lose to a Josh McCown led team, Romo needs to lead us to victory tomorrow, flame away.

A troll post. Not going to bite.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
3 games? Try 6+. And I'm hardly "crowning him," just saying he's been better than Cutler this season. Your only argument against that is arm strength and "intangibles," and I honestly have no idea what you're referring to with the latter.
You didn't say McCown is better "this season". You just said "better".

Woohoo 6 games. That's still limited time. A HC can hide a qb's defeciencies for so long. Ala Matt Flynn Matt Cassel.
Intangibles= arm strength, accuracy, smarts. He graduated from vandy. He's very smart. I know if McCown was good enough, he'd be starting full time for somebody. But he's not. He's a backup. While cutler is a franchise qb.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think McCown gives the Bears the best chance to win. Cutler may be more talented and more experienced, but he takes more chances. McCown plays within the game plan and within his strengths.

durrrr

Reaction score
You didn't say McCown is better "this season". You just said "better".

Woohoo 6 games. That's still limited time. A HC can hide a qb's defeciencies for so long. Ala Matt Flynn Matt Cassel.
Intangibles= arm strength, accuracy, smarts. He graduated from vandy. He's very smart. I know if McCown was good enough, he'd be starting full time for somebody. But he's not. He's a backup. While cutler is a franchise qb.

So are you conceding that McCown has been better this season? Because this entire thread/conversation is framed by the Cowboys playing the Bears tomorrow night, so who has had the better career is irrelevant. McCown's 6 games is basically the exact same amount of time that Cutler has QB'd the Bears this season. McCown has been better.

Arm strength and accuracy aren't intangibles. "Leadership" would be an intangible, but unless you've been in the huddle or the locker room with them, you're really in no place to comment on it. And for what it's worth, McCown's completion % and YPA are both higher than Cutler's. McCown has also been MUCH better at protecting the football. Think that might be important for a QB?

lostar2009

Reaction score
Too late , Romo was out duel by a scrub. But Romo is still woth the 100 Mill... Smh