I want a big nasty Oline, screw fast and pulling!

visionary

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1300574 said:
I don't disagree with you.

Here's one for you. Name me one Super Bowl championship team with a crappy OL. Just one.

dallas cowboys 2008

:D
i can dream, cant i?

DipChit

Reaction score
nyc;1300711 said:
Looks like I'm not the only one preaching the oline. I beleive the oline is by far the most valuable asset when it comes to being a good team. Without one you won't pass very well and you damn sure won't run very well. While defense wins championships, if you can't score you can't win! It's the reaction to and why defense wins championships.

Yeah.. tell me defense wins Championships. From 92 through the first playoff game of '96 we scored 27+ 12 times in a row in the playoffs.. going 11-1. 9 of em were 30+. Obviously the D scored a few point in there, but still.

Our defense in points allowed those years was 5, 5, 2, 3.

From the 2nd Playoff game of '96 to the one in '98 and '99.. when we still were ranked 3 and 5 in PA those last 2 years, we scored 17, 10 and 7 and went 0-3 in the playoffs. What a surprise.. once we stopped being able to score we were screwed.

Kinda like the other night.. even with the 7 from ST it wasnt enough cause we only managed 13 on O.

alancdc

Reaction score
DipChit;1300684 said:
Not really.. I've never looked to buy anything.

The Landry thing I was just fortunate to sit down with him for a few minutes one day while we both happened to be vacationing at the same Resort.

I might sell you a personally autographed Emmitt Smith Lithograph from '92 I have though.. 750 of them made. It's like 24"x30".

Thats what he gets for going down to Zona! ;)

Everything has a price right? I would love to see it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If I had my choice, I would have "big" & "fast" like LA used to be. I like Kosier as a backup/floater type who can back up all positions on the line if need be. But our running game was not over powering this year, period. At times, we were good, but we were not consistant.

I think alot of JJs good fortune came from teams being force to play 7 man fronts do to the threat of TO and Glenn going nuts. But I would love to have Kosier as a back up, and up grade both guard spots, and even atleast bring in competition for Flozell.

DipChit

Reaction score
alancdc;1300778 said:
Everything has a price right? I would love to see it.
It's this.. not literally.. this is just an image off google of the same print. But theres good news and bad news. The bad news is I prolly shouldnt sell you mine even if I want to cause wifey bought it for me our first xmas together.

The good news is if you like it at all you can just buy the one pictured for 375.00 :D

autographsforsale_1929_196107182

alancdc

Reaction score
DipChit;1300837 said:
It's this.. not literally.. this is just an image off google of the same print. But theres good news and bad news. The bad news is I prolly shouldnt sell you mine even if I want to cause wifey bought it for me our first xmas together.

The good news is if you like it at all you can just buy the one pictured for 375.00 :D

autographsforsale_1929_196107182

I would agree about the wife! Good move. That is a great picture! Thanks!

jay cee

Reaction score
superpunk;1300599 said:
I'm talking about Julius going from averaging 3.8 ypc in 2005 to the left side to averaging 5.5 ypc to the left side this year. Taking the progress we've made on the Oline and chucking it out the window because you don't like the style is ridiculous.

Who was playing left tackle for most of those 2005 games?

Losing Adams probably had quite a bit to do with the difference in Jones 2005 and 2006 production.

I know in '04, Jones was much better running to the left than he was going to the right. that was with Allen and a healthy Adams.

jay cee

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1300628 said:
Well, I have to agree with you that of all of them, that was probably the worst one. Still, 1 in 40, at least for me, is a pretty convincing arguement.

And that Buccaneer team was built to win with their defense. All the offense had to do for the most part was not turn the ball over, and capitalize on the turnovers that the defense created.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Without an OLINE.....you don't win in the NFL....it's that simple.

Even the Bucs OLine which was short on talent, played well throughout that regular/post season from what I remember.

lockster

Reaction score
Larry Allens problem wasn't that he was a mauler, it was that he got out of shape, and couldn't get out of his own way. Give me a in shape mauler like? Allen, E Williams, M Tunei, K Gogan, D Kennard, Gurode, and so forth, get the picture. They can't run like the Broncos can, but tell me u wouldn't want this kind of mauler to run behind. Just be in shape. Rivera is at the end of the line. He sucks. We don't need old off. linemen.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
superpunk;1300567 said:
Why on earth, when we've been working towards fast and athletic, would we go in the opposite direction, to start all over again? The makeover is not complete. You should look at Julius' numbers to the left side from 05 to 06 to see just how much an effect Kosier had over "mauler" Larry Allen.

One reason might be because they cant run the ball on 3rd and short to save their lives. Kosier and Rivera just dont get enough push up the middle.

kevsstang

Reaction score
Clove;1300794 said:
If I had my choice, I would have "big" & "fast" like LA used to be. I like Kosier as a backup/floater type who can back up all positions on the line if need be. But our running game was not over powering this year, period. At times, we were good, but we were not consistant.

I think alot of JJs good fortune came from teams being force to play 7 man fronts do to the threat of TO and Glenn going nuts. But I would love to have Kosier as a back up, and up grade both guard spots, and even atleast bring in competition for Flozell.

Exactly with T.O and Glenn teams really couldn't put 8 in the box. Keep Kosier on the left side but get a massive right guard, Justin Blaylok.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
show me a good line today, that is filled w/ 330 pound guys throughout it

go ahead, I triple dawg dare you

DipChit

Reaction score
Maybe the key is getting a killer D-line first.. that way they could make the current O-line look stupid in practice every day.

As it stands these 2 current crews prolly take turn owning each other so the staff thinks all is right in the world. ;)

Zman5

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1302297 said:
show me a good line today, that is filled w/ 330 pound guys throughout it

go ahead, I triple dawg dare you

The Eagles line. Except for Todd Herremans (LG, 6-6 321LBs) , the rest of the line weights 330 or more.