I want a big nasty Oline, screw fast and pulling!

neosapien23

Reaction score
People will disagree with me, but I would like to see Dallas get stronger on the Oline side of the ball. I don't like fast athletic guards and three power houses (Adams, Colombo, and Gurdoe). Either everyone needs to be fast and athletic (ala Denver Broncos) or big and strong like the former line of the Dallas Cowboys. Since Rivera is hurt, Blaylock would be the best choice if he can last till Dallas picks, but Kosier (while descent in pass protection) doesn't overpower any DTs. Kosier is not getting paid a Rivera salary so having him as depth is not out of the question. Dallas should bring in Blaylock if he is there when they pick and draft Manuel Ramirez in the later rounds. He should be there in the 4th and he is a hell of a guard. Derrick Dockery from the Commanders is a FA and should be brought in as well. I know Dockery and Ramirez are not athletic but they have power!! Instead of having the guards run around looking to set up blocks, why not just have them flatten out the man in front of them? If BP retires, the new coach is likely to impliment his running style.

superpunk

Reaction score
Why on earth, when we've been working towards fast and athletic, would we go in the opposite direction, to start all over again? The makeover is not complete. You should look at Julius' numbers to the left side from 05 to 06 to see just how much an effect Kosier had over "mauler" Larry Allen.

alancdc

Reaction score
superpunk;1300567 said:
Why on earth, when we've been working towards fast and athletic, would we go in the opposite direction, to start all over again? The makeover is not complete. You should look at Julius' numbers to the left side from 05 to 06 to see just how much an effect Kosier had over "mauler" Larry Allen.

I don't know what it is big, small, athletic, whatever, but I want the PATRIOTS line. Man, it is rare that Brady is hit or flushed. He is GREAT, but man he gets time to throw in the pocket.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you.

Here's one for you. Name me one Super Bowl championship team with a crappy OL. Just one.

neosapien23

Reaction score
superpunk;1300567 said:

What are you talking about? Didn't Juluis have his biggest games running towards LA's side. I am pretty sure that Jones ran much better as a rookie than he did this year. LA is a bad example though. His salary was way too high and he wasn't always so immobile. Derrick Dockery and Ramirez may not be as athletic as Kosier, but that doesn't mean they are as stiff as Allen is now.

Connection20

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1300574 said:

Here's one for you. Name me one Super Bowl championship team with a crappy OL. Just one.

Im not saying a disagree with you, cause for the most part you are right, but the Buccs o-line was pretty bad, they couldnt run the ball very well at all. The passing game relied heavily on three step drops with lots of hooks and crossing patterns because Brad Johnson never had much time.

superpunk

Reaction score
neosapien23;1300586 said:
What are you talking about? Didn't Juluis have his biggest games running towards LA's side. I am pretty sure that Jones ran much better as a rookie than he did this year. LA is a bad example though. His salary was way too high and he wasn't always so immobile. Derrick Dockery and Ramirez may not be as athletic as Kosier, but that doesn't mean they are as stiff as Allen is now.

I'm talking about Julius going from averaging 3.8 ypc in 2005 to the left side to averaging 5.5 ypc to the left side this year. Taking the progress we've made on the Oline and chucking it out the window because you don't like the style is ridiculous.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
At one time Larry was athletic and could also pull on the outside runs. I want big strong men who can also be able to lead the way on outside runs. As for Kosier I think he did a good job for Dallas this year, Rivera on the other hand I was disappointed in and hope we can find someone who can come in and take that job.

neosapien23

Reaction score
superpunk;1300599 said:
I'm talking about Julius going from averaging 3.8 ypc in 2005 to the left side to averaging 5.5 ypc to the left side this year. Taking the progress we've made on the Oline and chucking it out the window because you don't like the style is ridiculous.

You don't think losing Adams had something to do with those numbers? Compare his rookie year to this year and tell me which year was better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Connection20;1300593 said:
Im not saying a disagree with you, cause for the most part you are right, but the Buccs o-line was pretty bad, they couldnt run the ball very well at all. The passing game relied heavily on three step drops with lots of hooks and crossing patterns because Brad Johnson never had much time.

Well, I have to agree with you that of all of them, that was probably the worst one. Still, 1 in 40, at least for me, is a pretty convincing arguement.

DipChit

Reaction score
alancdc;1300572 said:
I don't know what it is big, small, athletic, whatever, but I want the PATRIOTS line. Man, it is rare that Brady is hit or flushed. He is GREAT, but man he gets time to throw in the pocket.

Yeah I dont care how it's made up.. it just needs to get the job done.

Pass protect on pass plays and create some lanes in the running game.

Ours isnt terribly good, and it's certainly not consistent.. in either right now.

superpunk

Reaction score
neosapien23;1300615 said:
You don't think losing Adams had something to do with those numbers? Compare his rookie year to this year and tell me which year was better.

This year was better.

alancdc

Reaction score
DipChit;1300637 said:
Yeah I dont care how it's made up.. it just needs to get the job done.

Pass protect on pass plays and create some lanes in the running game.

Ours isnt terribly good, and it's certainly not consistent.. in either right now.

Love the Landry autograph. I really want to get one. Do you know where you can buy legit Cowboys auto's? I collect a ton of memorabilia, but would like to get some old school Boys like Dandy Don and Landry. I do buy some stuff on EBAY, but you have to be very careful on there.

alancdc

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1300628 said:
Well, I have to agree with you that of all of them, that was probably the worst one. Still, 1 in 40, at least for me, is a pretty convincing arguement.

I say we hire whoever picks the o linemen for the Eagles and Patriots. They seem to have their act together on the o line!

DipChit

Reaction score
alancdc;1300654 said:
Love the Landry autograph. I really want to get one. Do you know where you can buy legit Cowboys auto's? I collect a ton of memorabilia, but would like to get some old school Boys like Dandy Don and Landry. I do buy some stuff on EBAY, but you have to be very careful on there.

Not really.. I've never looked to buy anything.

The Landry thing I was just fortunate to sit down with him for a few minutes one day while we both happened to be vacationing at the same Resort.

I might sell you a personally autographed Emmitt Smith Lithograph from '92 I have though.. 750 of them made. It's like 24"x30".

Thats what he gets for going down to Zona! ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
neosapien23;1300557 said:
I want a big nasty Oline, scew fast and pulling!

They don't get any bigger and nastier then Larry Allen... we got rid of him and our blocking got better.

Do the math.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Rack;1300692 said:
They don't get any bigger and nastier then Larry Allen... we got rid of him and our blocking got better.

Do the math.

Erik Williams was bigger and nastier :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1300574 said:

Looks like I'm not the only one preaching the oline. I beleive the oline is by far the most valuable asset when it comes to being a good team. Without one you won't pass very well and you damn sure won't run very well. While defense wins championships, if you can't score you can't win! It's the reaction to and why defense wins championships.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;1300711 said:
Looks like I'm not the only one preaching the oline. I beleive the oline is by far the most valuable asset when it comes to being a good team. Without one you won't pass very well and you damn sure won't run very well. While defense wins championships, if you can't score you can't win! It's the reaction to and why defense wins championships.

I agree. Dallas has to address the OL, Romo was able to make it some what less of an issue but it is still a problem. I feel Adams and Rivera both played below average.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1300700 said:
Erik Williams was bigger and nastier :D

I assumed he was talking about our interior OL since you can't get much bigger then our Tackles.