I want a new head coach that doesnt clap

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really, what else does he do? He doesn't call the offense or defense. He just stands there clapping. He's been useless for several years because he can't coach or call plays.
The fact he doesn't call plays is a poor argument. Jimmy didn't call plays. Belichick doesn't call plays. Gibbs didn't call plays. It's not that uncommon.

Results, or lack thereof, and certainly lack of consistency, is the reason to let Garrett go. There is no reason to dream up anything else.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn’t me who said it . I was just commenting the OP has to be joking or saying he wants a fire breather at coach instead of cheerleader .
Sorry, I assumed you were speaking for yourself and not the OP. In any case, we don't know the OP meant it as a joke. I understand why you would think that, because it really is a silly notion, but there truly have been plenty of fans that have made a big issue out of the clapping.

LittleD

Reaction score
The fact he doesn't call plays is a poor argument. Jimmy didn't call plays. Belichick doesn't call plays. Gibbs didn't call plays. It's not that uncommon.

Results, or lack thereof, and certainly lack of consistency, is the reason to let Garrett go. There is no reason to dream up anything else.

Any good HC is like the company CEO such that he approves and controls the OC and DC who are his subordinates. He should have the final say on gameday
gameplan on both sides of the ball. That is the Bellichick/Parcells model.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any good HC is like the company CEO such that he approves and controls the OC and DC who are his subordinates. He should have the final say on gameday
gameplan on both sides of the ball. That is the Bellichick/Parcells model.

First, that's not what you said. You referred to actually calling the plays and what Garrett does on the side line, not game plan involvement/approval.

Second, there isn't any reason to believe the game plans that are formulated during the week wouldn't be blessed by Garrett just like with any other head coach.

But even if he is, that's not really the issue anyway. You are talking about who actually calls plays, when regardless of who actually calls plays, the issue is the results. That's the complaint against Garrett, not whether he is an active coordinator or if he delegates.

LittleD

Reaction score
First, that's not what you said. You referred to actually calling the plays and what Garrett does on the side line, not game plan involvement/approval.

Second, there isn't any reason to believe the game plans that are formulated during the week wouldn't be blessed by Garrett just like with any other head coach.

But even if he is, that's not really the issue anyway. You are talking about who actually calls plays, when regardless of who actually calls plays, the issue is the results. That's the complaint against Garrett, not whether he is an active coordinator or if he delegates.

If, as you say, he might be blessing this last year's game plans, he needs to be outta here fast. This team never adjusts its strategy at halftime like the best teams we lose
to each and every year.

LittleD

Reaction score

Not necessarily. Most good coaches at least wear a headset to keep apprised of what's being called and can override. Garrett just stands around clapping hands
and slapping butts. That is not an active leader IMVHO.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If, as you say, he might be blessing this last year's game plans, he needs to be outta here fast. This team never adjusts its strategy at halftime like the best teams we lose
to each and every year.
I’ve never said he was effective at it.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I want a coach who threatens to either penalize or cut guys for dropping passes and fumbling. We didn’t take care of the football this year,and guys need to know that’s not gonna fly. Otherwise they’ll continue as is.