I want a new head coach that doesnt clap

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ever think the " clapping" was ' hey you just made me look good ' after a good play ?

On the quick 3 and outs or missed FG's etc, it became annoying. I don't ever recall seeing the players coming off the field and apologizing for not getting it done, and little if
any coaching the way Belicheck does where he actually goes over to O or D and you see him pointing out some things.

This guy appears to be watching the Jumbotron and listening to the broadcast instead of actually shaping and adjusting the game plan.
No, I never thought that - that’s idiotic. But sure, after a good play he was clapping for the good result. But clapping after a good play isn’t what fans criticize, so it’s irrelevant to what I was talking about anyway.

If he didn’t talk to players enough on the sidelines, that has nothing to do with having a habit of clapping, so that too is irrelevant to what I was talking about.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I really appreciate the light-hearted threads and those
that contribute to the humorous OP.

For those who took the OP as a joke, Cheers to ya!
Thanks for the laughter.

To those who took it seriously, wow, lighten up people.

@DallasEast, the hand amputation meme might be your best
post ever! You've set a high bar for yourself this year... lol

As for the next coach, I'd like someone who's headset is actually plugged in and turned on.
Maybe he'll even talk into it once in a while... lol

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Toro9

Reaction score
Well first we had Coach Cupcake and then the Clapper. I wonder what bright coach Jerry will give us this time?
We need another Parcells type - if there is one still. I wonder what it would take to get Cowher to come out of retirement.

ESisback

Reaction score
Parcells types don’t work as well nowdays. Players are too hypersensitive to “disrespect”, which would include criticism, enforced rules, demanding responsibility, etc. Like anything else these days, reduced quantity and quality of product for more money.

Gimme gimme, then shut up!

LittleD

Reaction score
It never hurt either. You talk as if that's all the man does... which if true would only reveal your own ignorance about the man.

Really, what else does he do? He doesn't call the offense or defense. He just stands there clapping. He's been useless for several years because he can't coach or call plays.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Really, what else does he do? He doesn't call the offense or defense. He just stands there clapping. He's been useless for several years because he can't coach or call plays.
Thank you for confirming your own ignorance about the man. Good job. :thumbup:

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
It seems lost on many fans that clapping isn't only used for applauding a success. It isn't at all uncommon for it to be a gesture to convey "hey, you need to get your feces together" or "let's straighten that out and do it better next time", or 'let's hustle off the field" or any number of things. It's really a weak complaint against Garrett and has nothing to do with his coaching abilities.

I find it odd so many fans complain about something as meaningless as this when there are tangible, supportable and legitimate issues with Garrett's coaching. Ultimately all anyone really needs to point to is that he hasn't accomplished what he was hired to accomplish, and he has failed to maintain the kind of year after year consistency that would suggest he is on the verge of accomplishing it. The fact that clapping is a gesture he uses isn't even a tiny blip on the radar in comparison.

dude it was just a silly joke ...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not for a lot of fans. There are quite of few fans that have used this as a serious complaint for years. If you aren't one of them, I apologize, but I really had no way to differentiate you from others.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"silly" indeed.

Nobody's ever complained about clapping ever! So...it was a good chance for everyone to express their opinion about it....at OP or not.

I've always thought "clapper" and "redball".....to be immature, all the while they were thinking how clever and in-the-know they were using it.

Just an easy=going opinion, why does everything think people are jacked outta shape about stuff? ....lighten up! :rolleyes:

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Not for a lot of fans. There are quite of few fans that have used this as a serious complaint for years. If you aren't one of them, I apologize, but I really had no way to differentiate you from others.
It wasn’t me who said it . I was just commenting the OP has to be joking or saying he wants a fire breather at coach instead of cheerleader .