I Was A Big Zeke Supporter, But This Flying Back To Cabo Is Last Straw. Trade Him

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
That's true, but the point I was trying to make is that Zeke is not the only WR who has held out early in his career. I mean, he is unique in that he is holding out under the new structure in place but he is certainly not unique.

You're absolutely right.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Zeke is no choir boy by any means, but he is definitely not the demon that a majority of the fanbase here seems to paint him.

What do you mean by this? I mean, I haven't really seen anybody vilify him, beyond what he has deserved IMO. I've seen fans call him selfish and I think that's fair. He knows he has two other team mates that are up for contracts and he knows that the money he is going after is essentially money that would or could go to them. He knows he's way early to demand a contract and he knows that the team has good reason to be concerned about his recent behavior. He doesn't care about any of that. All of those criticisms are fair IMO and that's really the majority of what I've seen, to be honest.

JMO

basel90

Reaction score
So, we should get rid of Dak and Zeke? Then what?
Does that make us a better team?
Yes . He is either a leader or a greedy player listening only to his agent . Being a Dallas Cowboys has life long benefits . If he doesn’t see it , move on . Cooper rush looks fine lately , and there are others who can drive this bus .

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm baffled about Cabo......Romo and Witten went there......wasn't a problem for neither on this board, during the playoffs and they were the "Leaders".

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm baffled about Cabo......Romo and Witten went there......wasn't a problem for neither on this board, during the playoffs and they were the "Leaders".
I seem to remember the Cabo thing being a talking point for Romo collapses so I’m not sure your 100% accurate here

It faded with time though

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Zeke got a check for $16 million before he played a single down in the NFL.

That is more money than you, me, and everybody on this site combined will make in our entire lifetimes.

He has been compensated tremendously for his talents, he is just being greedy at this point IMO.

C'mon Beast, have a heart. The guy is only a multi-millionaire so he's probably eating ramen noodles just to stay alive.
I would change the above line about "being greedy at this point" to "extremely greedy". Not to mention stupid.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not tradeable. Few teams are willing to shell out the money he is demanding for a RB. Most teams consider Gurley's contract a cautionary tale not "the market". Even if we could find a trade partner, they aren't going to shell out a giant contract AND a bevy of draft picks.

Best case is a player for player swap. I just have no idea who that would be.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
We're not winning any SB without Elliott. But I don't think we're winning one with him either. Time to let him sit and use the season to evaluate the QB.

I totally agree PA, letting him sit would be the smartest thing the Cowboys could do. No trade.... just sit, no salary, just fines.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes...……...if we are going to keep Coach Clappy, we pretty much need probowlers at every postion.
More specifically though an Elite QB and or defense since few HC’s are winning or even playing for championships without them.

Looks like we might have a better opportunity to build an Elite defense now than have an Elite QB.

You need to be great on at least one side of the ball and average to above average on the other side. Even with most of our talent on offense with OL, RB and WR it’s still not enough to elevate a mediocre passing QB to more than 22nd ranked.

I’d argue a 7th ranked defense and 22nd ranked offense had a good season. Not many middle tier QB’s with a below average offense playing for championships without a generational defense.

Unfortunately an Elite HC isn’t a priority for our ownership but it doesn’t appear to be as bad as some might want to promote. I’ve yet to see it holding back a championship caliber team. And I’d argue despite his coaching flaws he’s been a positive influence on our dysfunctional ownership and mgmt building a better culture. The Perfect Puppet.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
More specifically though an Elite QB and or defense since few HC’s are winning or even playing for championships without them.

Looks like we might have a better opportunity to build an Elite defense now than have an Elite QB.

You need to be great on at least one side of the ball and average to above average on the other side. Even with most of our talent on offense with OL, RB and WR it’s still not enough to elevate a mediocre passing QB to more than 22nd ranked.

I’d argue a 7th ranked defense and 22nd ranked offense had a good season. Not many middle tier QB’s with a below average offense playing for championships without a generational defense.

Unfortunately an Elite HC isn’t a priority for our ownership but it doesn’t appear to be as bad as some might want to promote. I’ve yet to see it holding back a championship caliber team.

With Clappy as HC, we are going to need the 85 Bears defense to win a ring:laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With Clappy as HC, we are going to need the 85 Bears defense to win a ring:laugh:
I’d say we will need either an Elite QB or defense. When we have either and not going further then I’ll call it out.

I’m a huge critic of the Cowboys and understand his flaws on Game Day but also appreciate his overall influence on our dysfunctional situation which of course Garrett is a product of.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’d all like a more normal front office and proven HC and coaching staff but thats not a priority of our ownership.

I’d argue Garrett is probably as good a Puppet as Jerry will attract or create.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once you accept the handicaps and hindrances our ownership presents then and only then can you begin to attempt to build a team to overcome it while lowering expectations because the ownership has lowered the bar.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak, Zeke and Cooper....which one is the odd man out because no matter what the team says or what people hope for on this site we can't sign all 3 to huge deals and hope to continue to be a competitive team going forward. Now we can keep them together for this season but by next season one of these 3 will be gone