I Was A Big Zeke Supporter, But This Flying Back To Cabo Is Last Straw. Trade Him

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm baffled about Cabo......Romo and Witten went there......wasn't a problem for neither on this board, during the playoffs and they were the "Leaders".
That is some seriously powerful sarcasm. Bravo.

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak, Zeke and Cooper....which one is the odd man out because no matter what the team says or what people hope for on this site we can't sign all 3 to huge deals and hope to continue to be a competitive team going forward. Now we can keep them together for this season but by next season one of these 3 will be gone
We can sign them all but our offense must be Elite leading the league not bottom tier even average expecting a defense to carry it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our offense is loaded with talent having basically an All Pro OL when healthy, leagues leading RB and WR1 with an aging HOF TE but is held back by its passing offense and 15th ranked QB to take to the next level.

If our QB was as talented or even close as our other Elite on offense we’d probably have at least a top 5 offense which with a top 10 defense would definitely be enough to be a legit contender for a championship.

We need this Elite supporting cast just to prevent us from being a .500 team or less. We’ve already seen what our offense is without one of these Elite supporting cast.

Good news is we’ve added more talent on offense bringing Witten back, adding Cobb and in draft. Along with Freddy’s return. As long as we have Zeke this supporting cast could elevate our QB more.

Cmac

Reaction score
I seem to remember the Cabo thing being a talking point for Romo collapses so I’m not sure your 100% accurate here

It faded with time though
Never been a talking point for Witten though......maybe it will fade with Zeke too, if we're going to be fair.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm baffled about Cabo......Romo and Witten went there......wasn't a problem for neither on this board, during the playoffs and they were the "Leaders".

Lol you have to be kidding me.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Zeke is a year younger, has far less of an injury history, and at least I believe is the more valuable running back. I dont personally disagree with him being worth more than Gurley. Even with the personal conduct and the maturity issues that factor in. Fans will be able to move on their their next pet cats as the years go on... Sure he has been a knucklehead at times. I guess we will wait and see how it all plays out. I dont have any ill feelings about him. Honestly, it doesnt matter what I think about him. But he does have an immense gift, and as an NFL running back his body will pay for it in the end while he becomes an afterthought by a lot of fans after he hangs them up.

Bingo. OP is wayyyyyyyy off here. Never let personal feelings get in the way of biz. Which is why he isnt' an NFL Exec. (nor am I)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’d say we will need either an Elite QB or defense. When we have either and not going further then I’ll call it out.

I’m a huge critic of the Cowboys and understand his flaws on Game Day but also appreciate his overall influence on our dysfunctional situation which of course Garrett is a product of.

And what influence on the organization has Garrett had that you appreciate so much? The fact remains that he has not taken the team any further than Wade did.

I know you love that fact he was a former Cowboy and all, but if his teams are no better than Wade's teams, what has he actually accomplished?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And what influence on the organization has Garrett had that you appreciate so much? The fact remains that he has not taken the team any further than Wade did.

I know you love that fact he was a former Cowboy and all, but if his teams are no better than Wade's teams, what has he actually accomplished?
Garrett has helped changed the culture of this franchise influencing ownership to almost normal looking with solid drafts and player personnel that didn’t begin until he took over in 2011. The most effective puppet with Jerry in this era.

Wade inherited Parcells team and without good drafts and player personnel decisions took us from 13-3 to 1-7 with a steady decline.

3 division titles in 5 years is best streak for the Cowboys this era and most talent since Parcells built team.

The greatest measurement is where have you taken the franchise since you took over. And I can’t imagine anyone not thinking we aren’t in a better place. And 2-3 in the playoffs is a better record than 1-2.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Witten wasn't.
I don’t agree with Witten going either but I think a QB stands much more to gain from watching his opponent play and reviewing film non stop than a TE. Both were dumb for having done it though IMO.

Cabo is a place to go when you don’t want to be with your team or do work, not a place to go when you should be preparing mentally and physically for a playoff game. I think they just thought they would roll over whoever they played, they were arrogant.

CWR

Reaction score
Witten wasn't.

Your quote:

I was responding to the hell Romo caught. I agree no one really cared about Witten going. But that wasn't what you said initially.

Cmac

Reaction score
Your quote:

I was responding to the hell Romo caught. I agree no one really cared about Witten going. But that wasn't what you said initially.
My point.….Your quote..."I agree no one really cared about Witten going." Next year T.O. gone, and he didn't go to Cabo ahead of a big game.

CWR

Reaction score
My point.….Your quote..."I agree no one really cared about Witten going." Next year T.O. gone, and he didn't go to Cabo ahead of a big game.

Are you tryna say T.O shouldn't have been cut? We weren't talking about T.O at all so Im lost now buddy.

Legend

Reaction score
Are you tryna say T.O shouldn't have been cut? We weren't talking about T.O at all so Im lost now buddy.
No he should not. The Cowboys should not have traded for Roy Williams as well.

T.O. spoke the truth and the Cowboys country club inner circle did not like the criticism; so they got rid of him.

CWR

Reaction score
No he should not. The Cowboys should not have traded for Roy Williams as well.

T.O. spoke the truth and the Cowboys country club inner circle did not like the criticism; so they got rid of him.

Okay.....but If thats what hes tryna say Im not sure how we got there. We were speaking about how he thought Zeke was the only one to ever catch hell for going to Cabo.

Legend

Reaction score
Okay.....but If thats what hes tryna say Im not sure how we got there. We were speaking about how he thought Zeke was the only one to ever catch hell for going to Cabo.
Jerry Jones shows favoritism towards certain positions and players.

That is a major reason why the Cowboys have not won a divisional playoff game in 23 years.

Like Jimmy stated, the Cowboys are ran like a country club.

During the first half of preseason game last night; they kept showing hype videos heavily geared towards Dak (predominantly) and the offense with no Zeke mentions.