I Was A Big Zeke Supporter, But This Flying Back To Cabo Is Last Straw. Trade Him

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jerry Jones shows favoritism towards certain positions and players.

That is a major reason why the Cowboys have not won a divisional playoff game in 23 years.

Like Jimmy stated, the Cowboys are ran like a country club.

During the first half of preseason game last night; they kept showing hype videos heavily geared towards Dak (predominantly) and the offense with no Zeke mentions.

Jimmy also showed favoritism, said so himself, that's not the problem with Jerry. The problem is, though it seems to be to less a degree than years past, is that he thinks just because he was successful in business that he must be able to be successful in football, and that's not the case. He's finally let go some of the day to day decisions, though he's still well in control of major decisions...

CWR

Reaction score
Jerry Jones shows favoritism towards certain positions and players.

That is a major reason why the Cowboys have not won a divisional playoff game in 23 years.

Like Jimmy stated, the Cowboys are ran like a country club.

During the first half of preseason game last night; they kept showing hype videos heavily geared towards Dak (predominantly) and the offense with no Zeke mentions.

Whatever, my response is the same. Romo was crucified for that Cabo trip.

Thats all the conversation was about. The poster tried to say Zeke is the only player to get in hot water over Cabo, thats a blatant disregard for truth.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's not like it's entirely the money or entirely being a SB champ, rushing titles winner, etc.

Does Zeke care only about the money? Doubt it, he has an ego, has to have to put himself through the pounding a running back takes, few if any people in general care only about ONE thing. And I'm sure he would like to be thought of as one of the best running backs ever in the league, in the situation he's in with the Cowboys currently - being on a team that is focused on running the ball as the focal point of the offense and having a top line to protect him, he has the opportunity to do just that.

NFL running backs have a relatively short career, this may be the only other contract he'll get, or at least the best one he'll ever get, he's 24 now, after a 4 year deal he'll be 28 and even if he's still a top back, teams will worry about the dreaded age 30 number in just 2 years after that. So it may be he's just trying to max out now, and not count on future contracts.

Having said that, though, I'm very displeased with him for not signing, especially if he's quibbling over a couple of million dollars of guaranteed money in a contract that will pay him tens of millions of dollars just in guaranteed money, the word greed comes to mind, regardless of how he views his possible future.

Certainly not going to buy Elliot jerseys or such, and won't look at him as a devoted Cowboys player, but understand this is the modern NFL, years ago guys wouldn't think of holding out, they'd honor their contracts. Zeke isn't the only one who's held out, Emmitt did too, over nothing but money, though not the exact circumstances. Other players have also held out such as Bell.

Basically I'm not a Zeke supporter, but then again I'm not saying get rid of him, I'll just use his production for the good of the Cowboys...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Feed me boy" has now gone into "Pay me boy" mode !!!!
And on top of that he said Jerry disrespected him??

Don't know about you, but if my boss was asked about me and said "...who?" I'd be po'd myself. Regardless of anything else, I have no problem with Zeke saying he felt disrespected.

Don't think that was wise of Jerry to say, joking or not, certainly didn't help to get Zeke signed. All Jerry had to say was "we're working with Zeke's agent and we'll let you know when something happens one way or the other" or such....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Don't know about you, but if my boss was asked about me and said "...who?" I'd be po'd myself. Regardless of anything else, I have no problem with Zeke saying he felt disrespected.

Don't think that was wise of Jerry to say, joking or not, certainly didn't help to get Zeke signed. All Jerry had to say was "we're working with Zeke's agent and we'll let you know when something happens one way or the other" or such....
well you can reverse that too, if jerry meant nothing by it and elliot then reacts in negative manner, jerry would feel disrespected.

Cmac

Reaction score
Are you tryna say T.O shouldn't have been cut? We weren't talking about T.O at all so Im lost now buddy.
Nope....just sayin' Romo & Witt should have caught a foot up the.....for that mess. It certainly wasn't something a leader does. T.O. cried for Romo's blunder in Seattle, saw what that got him. T.O. asked to be included in the BFF meetings....so what that got 'em. C'mon Man!

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Nope....just sayin' Romo & Witt should have caught a foot up the.....for that mess. It certainly wasn't something a leader does. T.O. cried for Romo's blunder in Seattle, saw what that got him. T.O. asked to be included in the BFF meetings....so what that got 'em. C'mon Man!

Im with you, the optics of Cabo sucked. Romo may not have been torn up by the team but fans and media had a field day.

Zeke's situation is entirely different. Him being in Cabo isn't about optics. Its about holding out and missing required time with his team.