I Was A Big Zeke Supporter, But This Flying Back To Cabo Is Last Straw. Trade Him

jnday

Reaction score
I have defended Zeke on this board, argued he is the best RB back in the league, argued that he cant just be replaced by a rookie, and even agreed that he needed to be paid "Gurley money".

However, this latest stunt of going back to Cabo after coming back to Dallas for a single day, and claiming that he is disrespected by Jerry, is just enough. Its obvious that Zeke cares about nobody and nothing but $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Look, I have been one of Jerry's biggest critics on this board, but the man bent over backwards to help Zeke out. Went to war with the Commish, had to repay the league millions of dollars out of his own pocket to cover their legal bills, and probably affected the officiating we got on the field (9 games without a hold call ring a bell). And this is how Zeke repays Jerry for going to bat for him? Hold out, fly to Cabo, issue demands left and right, and then get butt hurt over a joke.

That's it fellas, I'm done with the POS...…..trade his arse to Buffalo or some other NFL wasteland.
I have defended his ability and his importance to the team , but I would never defend his behavior. After thinking about it, trading Zeke would totally stop any concerns about the salary cap for years to come because it would save 45 million in cap space a year. Let me explain. When Zeke is not on the team, Dak will be totally exposed and he will leave shorty after thus saving Zeke’s and Dak’s salary demands. If Zeke sits out one year, the team will lose a lot of games and it may put them into a draft position to get a very good QB prospect. I am willing to lose Zeke if it means Dak will leave as well.

John813

Reaction score
Zeke didn't make it public he was going to fly back to Dallas and stay. IIRC someone noticed him on a plane and made that public.

For all I know he just flew back and forth to either pick up something or stop in Dallas for a day or so for personal reasons.

I mean, he flew to Dallas when his teammates were going/in to Hawaii.

Macnalty

Reaction score
BOOM!!!! :starspin::thumbup::flagwave::yourock:

Zeke who???

I did not seek a direct Zeke replacement watching any of the two games already televised, does he deserve to be paid, yes, the fact is that position has an money edge and the edge has less value these days end of the story. I would love to see him back in blue playing and it will hurt not to have his talent on the field, IMO. Now the front office needs to get out of their chairs and get some of this talent (Dak, Amari,Jaylon) signed or else another window will have closed on the Lombardi trophy quest.

morasp

Reaction score
I'd rather keep three good players than one. Max out and enforce Zeke's fines and penalties and let him sit for the next two years. Use the money on guys that are in camp getting ready for the season like Byron Jones, Amari Cooper, Jaylon Smith etc. Tony Pollard come on down you're the new starting running back for the Dallas Cowboys.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Zeke, if signed will very likely get half the money Dak will eventually get. As you have stated, Zeke is the best (hard to argue against top 3 at the least) in the league at his position. Dak has very good odds to have 2 long term contracts. Zeke will very likely only get 1. If Dak gets hurt and is lost for the year.... His long term prospects are far less grim then an RB going down with a season ending injury. RBs have no choice but to put their bodies through a ton of punishment where with a QB, the objective is to protect him at all costs... yes professional athletes get paid a boat ton. But in respect to context of his peers and other pro players that play the games.... Running backs really get the short end of the stick. A top tier lineman, which is one of 5 positions has greater longevity resulting in greater earning potential compared to an RB in today's NFL.
So? QB is a more important position. The best FB in the league also doesn't make much because they don't impact the game as much. If he wanted to make more money, he shouldn't have been a RB. It's not like his current contract isn't paying him millions and millions of dollars on top of endorsement deals

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have defended his ability and his importance to the team , but I would never defend his behavior. After thinking about it, trading Zeke would totally stop any concerns about the salary cap for years to come because it would save 45 million in cap space a year. Let me explain. When Zeke is not on the team, Dak will be totally exposed and he will leave shorty after thus saving Zeke’s and Dak’s salary demands. If Zeke sits out one year, the team will lose a lot of games and it may put them into a draft position to get a very good QB prospect. I am willing to lose Zeke if it means Dak will leave as well.
Lol. Dak isn't going anywhere.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And Jerry did all of that for Elliott ? Lol

Right.. Jerry had no incentives to benefit his team by going to bat for Ezekiel.

th

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Emotions, nothing but it emotions. :rolleyes:

Sometimes, in business, you just have to let things ride out. Patience.
Yep

Some fans simply don’t like the business of the NFL.

I can’t stand Elliott Personally but I respect him serving his self interest. I think it’s a smart play on his part. He sees Dak getting paid early why not him too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who really thinks not signing Elliott enhances our chances of contending for a championship this year?

We must set aside our personal preferences and root for what provides the Cowboys the best opportunity to win.

I’d offer Elliott a big 2 year deal to finish out his Rookie contract.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't need Zeke to have it all and more. Not only be a winner this year, but maybe 2 #1s and 2 #2s wouldn't that make for a fun 2020 draft.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Who really thinks not signing Elliott enhances our chances of contending for a championship this year?

We must set aside our personal preferences and root for what provides the Cowboys the best opportunity to win.

We're not winning any SB without Elliott. But I don't think we're winning one with him either. Time to let him sit and use the season to evaluate the QB.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think nobody can answer that right now, but having multiple picks in next years draft will be huge.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We're not winning any SB without Elliott. But I don't think we're winning one with him either. Time to let him sit and use the season to evaluate the QB.
And if Dak suks without Elliott.. then what.

We won’t have a QB either. So, we start all over then?

But letting him sit will show us what we have in Dak. How many games do you think it will take for Jerry to dash out of the skybox to save the season and Daks career?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And if Dak suks without Elliott.. then what.

We won’t have a QB either. So, we start all over then?
At least then we'll know. I've liked a lot of what I've seen out of Dak but I have some doubts. If he isn't able to win without Zeke than he isn't worth $30 plus million.

Well that's another question. Jerry would probably do anything. I think he pulled the trade on Cooper just to save JG.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Zeke, if signed will very likely get half the money Dak will eventually get. As you have stated, Zeke is the best (hard to argue against top 3 at the least) in the league at his position. Dak has very good odds to have 2 long term contracts. Zeke will very likely only get 1. If Dak gets hurt and is lost for the year.... His long term prospects are far less grim then an RB going down with a season ending injury. RBs have no choice but to put their bodies through a ton of punishment where with a QB, the objective is to protect him at all costs... yes professional athletes get paid a boat ton. But in respect to context of his peers and other pro players that play the games.... Running backs really get the short end of the stick. A top tier lineman, which is one of 5 positions has greater longevity resulting in greater earning potential compared to an RB in today's NFL.

True, BUT they are paid how they are because they are a dime a dozen. Finding a franchise QB compared to a franchise RB is two entirely different things. Simply put, Zeke should've chose another position.

superonyx

Reaction score
I have defended Zeke on this board, argued he is the best RB back in the league, argued that he cant just be replaced by a rookie, and even agreed that he needed to be paid "Gurley money".

However, this latest stunt of going back to Cabo after coming back to Dallas for a single day, and claiming that he is disrespected by Jerry, is just enough. Its obvious that Zeke cares about nobody and nothing but $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Look, I have been one of Jerry's biggest critics on this board, but the man bent over backwards to help Zeke out. Went to war with the Commish, had to repay the league millions of dollars out of his own pocket to cover their legal bills, and probably affected the officiating we got on the field (9 games without a hold call ring a bell). And this is how Zeke repays Jerry for going to bat for him? Hold out, fly to Cabo, issue demands left and right, and then get butt hurt over a joke.

That's it fellas, I'm done with the POS...…..trade his arse to Buffalo or some other NFL wasteland.
Jerry went to bat for himself. Stop acting like Jerry was trying to help anyone over his own best interest. You either don't realize the obvious or you need ammunition for your venomous rage towards Zeke.

Some people around here would be the worst negotiators in the world.

Just because someone cares about money doesnt mean they only care about money.

Stop taking someone you don't even knows contract negotiations personally. Its getting weird around here.