I Was A Big Zeke Supporter, But This Flying Back To Cabo Is Last Straw. Trade Him

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dallas doesnt have the year they did Daks rookie year if Zeke is playing a different position. Dak may not even be starting QB. That's how much impact he made. People see a guy one preseason game score a good TD run against second stringers and jump to conclusions. I honestly just dont understand it. Some of this fanbase I cannot for the life of me understand.
It's all based on hope. Same as pinning a season on an unproven OC who's never done it before. Jerry is a great salesman.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Nobody is going to give us anything for him. For a trade to happened,the other team would have to work out an agreement with Zeke that he would actually agree with. Even then we aren't getting much for him.

So, he goes the Bell route. Fine. Let him go get his money.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Yeahhhh Right

His biggest supporter wants to cut or trade him when he has not missed one game weeks before the season starts.

Give me a break with this crap.

CWR

Reaction score
Dallas doesnt have the year they did Daks rookie year if Zeke is playing a different position. Dak may not even be starting QB. That's how much impact he made. People see a guy one preseason game score a good TD run against second stringers and jump to conclusions. I honestly just dont understand it. Some of this fanbase I cannot for the life of me understand.

Im not disputing Zekes importance to the team. I am only telling you why things are how they are. I am for signing Zeke, but only if I can flip him in a couple seasons and only if I can put some type of conduct clause in his contract. His decision making is awful....every offseason. Dude is a walking suspension.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
At the end of the day, its a business and everything has a price. In June, I would have considered trading Zeke and I say that as someone who thinks he is very good and critical to winning. The "price" for him in June would have been a Herschel Walker type deal.

Now? Well, his price has come down. I would trade him for less than in June but it would still be a significant haul. A vet RB, a 1st and a 3rd or so. If no team is willing to meet that price, I would just sit him.

The Steelers just dealt with this crap with LeVeon Bell and lost. They held their ground though. Cowboys fans have to face the reality that this may end up with Zeke not playing for an extended period. With that said, Dallas has significantly more leverage over Zeke than Pittsburgh had over Bell. He has two more highly paid years on his deal and then deal with franchise or transition tagging.

At this point, I would not give Zeke a Gurley sized deal. He is basically going to screw Dallas no matter what so if you are going to battle with him, you might as well make it worth it.

JBond

Reaction score
Who really thinks not signing Elliott enhances our chances of contending for a championship this year?

We must set aside our personal preferences and root for what provides the Cowboys the best opportunity to win.

I’d offer Elliott a big 2 year deal to finish out his Rookie contract.
If he would show up to work and finish his current deal, he will have earned $25 million dollars by the end. It's not like he is playing for free.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
He can go and get his money. The point is nobody is giving us a #1 draft pick for him. We'd be lucky to get a #3.
Then, they don't. Again No big deal. It would still be a big mistake to sign Zeke for the money he wants and to sacrifice other players just to get this ONE GUY signed. I don't really care if he is here or not. Obviously if he is here, helps out Dallas huge. But, They will survive if he doesn't play this season.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Zeke isn't like the Bell situation as Zeke still has two years left on his contract. Someone can look it up but I believe unless he is in camp for game one on a rookie contract he may not accrue a season meaning he then has to play a total of 3 seasons to reach free agency since Dallas already picked up his 5th year option. The longer he waits and the longer Jerry says no works more in the Cowboy favor (at least contract wise) than in Zeke's favor. His agent is an idiot for not taking the Gurley money if that is what was really offered. Yes, Bell held out and was traded but he was also under a franchise tag, Zeke is not. Plus Bell did not get the money he was looking to get by holding out. Going to be a test of wills but Dallas does have more time than Zeke.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
If he would show up to work and finish his current deal, he will have earned $25 million dollars by the end. It's not like he is playing for free.

Oh, but, you have to remember " He has a small window. Big bad owners aren't fair , can cut you any time. Go get your Money Zeke"..Blah blah blah. Like 25 million ain't enough to live on. Barring he faces any really bad injuries , he will live out the rest of his life just fine and be better off than 99% of the rest of us. He is going to get paid. Possibly not what his agent thinks he is worth, be he will. I only hope Dallas isn't the sucker that gives in. Oh wait. What owners are we talking about here. Crap.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You guys are exhausting

tenor.gif

Aren't they though? It's like it's some kind of personal affront that Elliott isn't doing what we want him to do.

Here's what Emmitt Smith, who missed two games in 1993 while trying to reach a new deal with Dallas, had to say about it if anyone cares for a fellow football player's perspective.

“I think the Cowboys should pay him,” Emmitt Smith told Voice of the Fans’ Cameron Buford.

Smith added more context on Elliott via a transcription provided by sports and entertainment journalist, Landon Buford.

“I think if you look at the scheme of things where things are today, leverage is the most important thing that we all have,” said Smith.

“You lose leverage, you lose opportunity. The Cowboys have leverage, they are going to lessen your opportunity. So, you have to strike while the iron is hot. There are so many options that the Cowboys have that he doesn’t have. Everyone in the world wants to talk about what he should do because they are not in his position. As a former player when are in that position when you have leverage you need to take advantage of the opportunity. I think people are going to test how far he is willing to go like they did with Le’Veon Bell. How far are you willing to go.”

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At least then we'll know. I've liked a lot of what I've seen out of Dak but I have some doubts. If he isn't able to win without Zeke than he isn't worth $30 plus million.

Well that's another question. Jerry would probably do anything. I think he pulled the trade on Cooper just to save JG.
I’d argue while we might want to know, Jerry doesn’t want us to. He’s All In on Dak regardless and why he didn’t let it play out last year with the trade for Cooper which was about saving Daks career as much or more than the season.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I have defended Zeke on this board, argued he is the best RB back in the league, argued that he cant just be replaced by a rookie, and even agreed that he needed to be paid "Gurley money".

However, this latest stunt of going back to Cabo after coming back to Dallas for a single day, and claiming that he is disrespected by Jerry, is just enough. Its obvious that Zeke cares about nobody and nothing but $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Look, I have been one of Jerry's biggest critics on this board, but the man bent over backwards to help Zeke out. Went to war with the Commish, had to repay the league millions of dollars out of his own pocket to cover their legal bills, and probably affected the officiating we got on the field (9 games without a hold call ring a bell). And this is how Zeke repays Jerry for going to bat for him? Hold out, fly to Cabo, issue demands left and right, and then get butt hurt over a joke.

That's it fellas, I'm done with the POS...…..trade his arse to Buffalo or some other NFL wasteland.
Yeah I hate saying it because I think they should pay Zeke but if his demands are too much trade him. I think this team could do just as well with, say, a running back like Nick Chubb to go with Tony Pollard.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
If he holds out I hope to god pollard takes off then trade this drama queen. Lmao respect
It's possible. I just don't think he can carry the ball 20-25 times a game. Still think they need another running back if they miss Zeke. Don't think Morris cuts it. But I'm pissed off. Jerry stood by him. He still has multiple years left on his deal. I get why he is doing it, but it's time to show up.