I was afraid of Aaron Rodgers, scared to death of the Niners

rambo2

Reaction score
I'm glad that they won the division and won 12 games and have a shot. I will enjoy whatever we get.l

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Emanuel Acho.....Niners too physical for anyone, they punch you in the face, they win their first playoff game. Cowboys can't stop the run.

Sheesh!!!!!

Step back from the ledge man....eagles #1 rushing attack in the NFL...like beat the niners in every rushing catagory...we did ok against them.

RaZon

Reaction score
Step back from the ledge man....eagles #1 rushing attack in the NFL...like beat the niners in every rushing catagory...we did ok against them.

Isn't Jalen Hurts the Eagles top rusher, that kind of running isn't smash mouth wear ya down running. Big difference,

DFWJC

Reaction score
Now they are getting healthy, The 49ers are impressive

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

The Eagles rushing isn’t a smash mouth attack, totally different. And we did ok against them in the first game because for whatever reason there coach didn’t run. They averaged like 20 yards a rush the three runs in the first game, then didn’t call one run play the rest of game. In the second game a few weeks ago, their rushing game wasn’t bad at all.

I want to beat the 49ers badly, but I’m worried because I know football and I’ve seen how this team defends the run. And SF won’t get away from the run if they get down, they believe that that is what will get them in the game.

Go Cowboys!

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Playing the BUCS or Rams would've been a better matchup. I fear any team that commits to the run. Not only does SF commit to the run, but they are masters of running to the outside. I'm scared because if DLAW starts freelancing and cutting inside instead of setting the edge those mistakes will be multiple runs of 20+. Jimmy G is inconsistent and I don't fear him. He's got the tools to be great but he'll bonehead throws. We punish teams that make bonehead throws.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The Eagles rushing isn’t a smash mouth attack, totally different. And we did ok against them in the first game because for whatever reason there coach didn’t run. They averaged like 20 yards a rush the three runs in the first game, then didn’t call one run play the rest of game. In the second game a few weeks ago, their rushing game wasn’t bad at all.

I want to beat the 49ers badly, but I’m worried because I know football and I’ve seen how this team defends the run. And SF won’t get away from the run if they get down, they believe that that is what will get them in the game.

Go Cowboys!

Look if the niners go down by 21+ points like the Eagles did, I pray they keep running the ball as time will run out. We built this defense to attack with a lead, They have a very suspect secondary and above average D-line just like the eagles, barring a bad offensive game by the Cowboys..the Niners will have to open that offense up or they will get killed. If you know Football then you see both team stregths and weaknesses and know if we play to our ability..this game could get ugly quickly, the niners will have to grind out many mistake free drives and convert many first downs AND thier secondary will need to play way above thier heads for this to turn out thier way.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not getting the whining about the matchup. Yeah, it's a tough game. Welcome to the playoffs. You either believe the Cowboys are better, or not. I do. Frankly I'm thrilled to play either SF or the Eagles. I think that SF is a tough game, but I expect the Cowboys to play better, or they deserve to lose.

My goal at this point is the NFC CG. Anything less is a disappointment but it's the playoffs. Weird stuff happens.

Sunday will legitimately be the most anticipated day of my year. I'll toss and turn all night Saturday. I'll wake up, eat a man's breakfast then go to the gym. Then I'll parade around town in full gear high fiving any Cowboys faithful fate leads me to cross paths with.

Then kick off I'll be bouncing off the walls. After about 30 minutes the adrenaline will wear off and be replaced with pacing back and forth and yelling at the television. If we pull it off I'll put my uniform back on and "run some errands." If by chance the worst comes our way I'll fall into a brief state of depression, followed by copious fluids and a long slumber.

It's gonna be awesome. Can't wait. I'm planning on repeating the entire day the following week.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
To be the best you beat the best. Dont matter play the game if you deserve the title the matchup dont matter.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Isn't Jalen Hurts the Eagles top rusher, that kind of running isn't smash mouth wear ya down running. Big difference,
so Murray running is great and teams should be concerned....Jalen running is not smash mouth so it doesn't count....you folks flip flop a lot and are in a constant motion of moving the goal post...

RaZon

Reaction score
so Murray running is great and teams should be concerned....Jalen running is not smash mouth so it doesn't count....you folks flip flop a lot and are in a constant motion of moving the goal post...

When talking about that Niner running attack we are obviously talking that smash mouth approach they take, some QB gaining 10 on a scramble totally different.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Don't like this at all, was hoping they didn't make it, that is very physical gang there, a lot of great players, we could be in trouble. What is the betting line?

Bosa is a stud, Deebo stud, Kittles a load, Elijah Mitchell is why ya don't need to draft a RB high is great. Jimmy G a weird cat, if he is cooking.....ouch!!!!

Last team I wanted to see in the first round the Niners. Tell me something to ease the pain, talk me out of buying a half pint to drink away these blues.

Are you kidding me, right now this very second...

Colin...I got the Niners

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadly Deebo

Go Cowboys, but I'm with you, SF is a very scary team and peaking at the right time IMO.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Now they are getting healthy, The 49ers are impressive
well, every team in the playoffs is scary in someway. some more than others.

49ers were semi impressive....they went 7-2, but teams they beat included Texans, Falcons, Vikings, Jaguars....they did lose to Bengals, Seahawks.

two of them are texans and jaguars....and we also beat the same two teams.

the one team they beat twice, given they had their number is the rams...but seahawks beat them twice...those are division games and usually a little different.
they did lose to cardinals twice.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When talking about that Niner running attack we are obviously talking that smash mouth approach they take, some QB gaining 10 on a scramble totally different.
but yards still count the same. or they somehow don't and I am not aware.

you seem to want to say the smash mouth running counts more than a running QB. in my opinion, stopping a running QB is harder, given you have to account for passing and running and at each play he can do both.....smash mouth is line them up and lets go at it....

I think its much harder to contain a running QB.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Look if the niners go down by 21+ points like the Eagles did, I pray they keep running the ball as time will run out. We built this defense to attack with a lead, They have a very suspect secondary and above average D-line just like the eagles, barring a bad offensive game by the Cowboys..the Niners will have to open that offense up or they will get killed. If you know Football then you see both team stregths and weaknesses and know if we play to our ability..this game could get ugly quickly, the niners will have to grind out many mistake free drives and convert many first downs AND thier secondary will need to play way above thier heads for this to turn out thier way.

I totally agree with what your observations but, if San Fran dline wrecks havoc on our Oline, which is very likely, we will be in for a long day. I love Dak, but he doesn’t far well if pressure is in his face and if that’s the case our scoring will suffer and they then can continue to run the ball.

Look I truly hope my fears are unfounded and we do go up by +21, but this team needs to beat any good team in a big game, and they just haven’t done that in five years.

Big D

Reaction score
Don't like this at all, was hoping they didn't make it, that is very physical gang there, a lot of great players, we could be in trouble. What is the betting line?

Bosa is a stud, Deebo stud, Kittles a load, Elijah Mitchell is why ya don't need to draft a RB high is great. Jimmy G a weird cat, if he is cooking.....ouch!!!!

Last team I wanted to see in the first round the Niners. Tell me something to ease the pain, talk me out of buying a half pint to drink away these blues.

Colin...I got the Niners

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadly Deebo

Concerned about the run game? Sure. Scared to death? eh, no.

kevinhickey

Reaction score

Colin...I got the Niners

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadly Deebo

This is how you find out who you really are and what you need to fix to win a championship. Lets find out! We already experienced a major change from last year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
but yards still count the same. or they somehow don't and I am not aware.

you seem to want to say the smash mouth running counts more than a running QB. in my opinion, stopping a running QB is harder, given you have to account for passing and running and at each play he can do both.....smash mouth is line them up and lets go at it....

I think its much harder to contain a running QB.
I think if Dallas plays well they can beat any team in the Playoffs.
My only question is can they do that several times in a row.
But to be fair, you can say that about all the teams