I was at Donovan McNabb's party last weekend (lots of good stuff... please read)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal;1534145 said:
Michael W. Smith is pretty cool, his only issue is that because he is from Boston, he is kind of a Pats homer. Not saying he is wrong - I don't want to see the Pats in the Bowl. But it will be a while before he lets them go.

Other than that - my current favorite football media guy.

Not as long as Berman and his Bills ~ 49ers homerism picks...we all hope...:lmao:

zeromaster

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1535275 said:
Sorry. I have to post again quickly. My last post was 66--a number that I find a little disconcerting.
??

Maybe one of the digits fell off.:D

I'd hate to see what you do on post #69.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1535031 said:
He is having a massive party, would have handlers all around him, and he is going to sit at the bar and have a private conversation with some unknown guy. Seems very reasonable to me.
Get em Carp I was thinking the same thing.

:lmao2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If, in fact, you did talk to McFlabb, you got more out of him than 100 beat writers have all off season.
So props to you.

arglebargle

Reaction score
superpunk;1535426 said:
It was teh opera. Teh Phantom of teh Opera. At the Kennedy Center.

Geez, Superpunk, my impression of you just spun around and fell to the floor in a dizzy fit....

What's next, Symphonic God Save the Queen?

superpunk

Reaction score
arglebargle;1535771 said:
Geez, Superpunk, my impression of you just spun around and fell to the floor in a dizzy fit....

What's next, Symphonic God Save the Queen?
I'm like an onion.

Like an onion who likes lots of different things, and can play the guitar.

You know, that sort of onion.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
zeromaster;1535735 said:
??

Maybe one of the digits fell off.:D

I'd hate to see what you do on post #69.

Ha ha!

Call it an idiosyncrasy. As a person of Faith with a religious upbringing, I've always been a little troubled by the number 6.:p: When I do eventually reach post 665, I'll do my best to make a simultaneous posting.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I'm excited that so many people think we have such great potential this year.

That's really cool that you got to meet Mcnabb. Be he the enemy or not he's one of the best quarterbacks in the NFC.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
royw3141;1534133 said:
who had one of the hottest women i've ever seen with him.

That's it? Details man, details!!

Thanks for the share..............lucky bastid.

Pabst

Reaction score
I might be late to the show here, but all this talk about how athletes are unapproachable really bothers me.

I used to live in San Antonio, and I was able to meet the triplets at a preseason game at the alamodome against the Oilers (1995). They only played a possession that game, so they had plenty of time to address some of the fans (I was in club seats, thanks to my uncle being the VP of Builders Square at the time). I sat and talked to them for a good 15 minutes (I distinctively remember Irvin making fun of my clothes :D ), and they were all very jovial. At no point did I feel these three were "above me," nor did I feel "starstruck" when talking to them.

Now, I live just outside of DC, and see plenty of Commanders, especially during the night scene. I've talked with Jansen quite a few times, and he always comes off as a great guy, even when I rib him as a Cowboy fan. Probably like the OP, you speak with jest; they rib the Cowboys, you rib the 'Skins.

I met Marcus Washington at a bar in Sterling, VA and talked with him a bit. I remember him being amazed because, although I was a "hated" Cowboy fan, I wasn't being a complete dick to him; I told him I knew he was a damn good player when he was with Indy, and I hated that he joined the 'Skins. You would be surprised how many of these players are content just to sit and chat with someone who won't treat them like they're above everyone else. As the OP said, as a "man to another man."

I remember when I went back home to San Antonio in Parcell's first year for Training Camp. I met Roy Williams at a bar on the Riverwalk, and chatted with him for a bit before a TV crew came to interview him. It was no big deal; and I don't know why some people on this forum are making it out to be.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your party experience. Always good to read that. And even though they are Eagles players, most of them are cool. It's their fans who I despise with every ounce of my being.

Aikbach

Reaction score
The good thing about a Pats vs. Cowboys Super Bowl would be Dallas could be the underdog for once and take the pressure off a little while the victory would be extra savory.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1535772 said:
I'm like an onion.

Oh, an onion with bad taste.

Between the Phantom of the Opera story and what's-his-face saying Christopher Lloyd is his favorite actor, this thread jumped right into the shark tank.

superpunk

Reaction score
Idgit;1536941 said:
Oh, an onion with bad taste.

Between the Phantom of the Opera story and what's-his-face saying Christopher Lloyd is his favorite actor, this thread jumped right into the shark tank.

Don't hate. You know that **** is entertaining.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
superpunk;1535772 said:
I'm like an onion.

I KNEW it! I told my wife, "That Superpunk guy is an onion."

Man... I knew it.

Dday22t

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

For those who think this is fake you need to get out more and stop playing Madden so much. If you treat athletes and people in the entertainment business like they are normal people and don't act star struck most of them will act normal towards you too, so it's very believable he talked to him for 5-10 minutes at a small party.

And for those worried McNabb was insulted he obviously knew he said he hated him jokingly because he even asked if he was a Cowboys fan. If McNabb took it wrong he would have just walked away, not joked about it.