CFZ I was at Eagles Training Camp; here is a report on the enemy

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles beat writer Eliot Shorr Parks has been brutal on Hurts all camp.
He basically says he is a JV QB.
Benefit of no spend at QB though is a deeper roster everywhere else.

Which is crazy because Shorr Parks is about as close to a homer for a beat writer a team could get.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Eagles beat writer Eliot Shorr Parks has been brutal on Hurts all camp.
He basically says he is a JV QB.
Benefit of no spend at QB though is a deeper roster everywhere else.
He is right. Minshew gives them the best chance 2 win.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
"We" means the Eagles. He is an Eagles fan at Eagles training camp.

No, he's not an Eagles fan. I think he's made it very clear. Read his OP again. He was invited my a friend of his. It's not abnormal for fans of other teams to attend another team's training camp.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No, he's not an Eagles fan. I think he's made it very clear. Read his OP again. He was invited my a friend of his. It's not abnormal for fans of other teams to attend another team's training camp.

That's like saying that, because I went to see the Bears in 2019 play the Cowboys in Soldier Field, that makes me a Bears fan. That makes no sense, and the same is true for the OP. If anything he was scouting a division rivals.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
That's like saying that, because I went to see the Bears in 2019 play the Cowboys in Soldier Field, that makes me a Bears fan. That makes no sense, and the same is true for the OP. If anything he was scouting a division rivals.

I went to the Bears/Panthers PO back when Jake D. was the QB, only because my co worker was a Bears fan and paid for my flight and hotel room that weekend and was going to wear my boys fitted hat because of how cold it was, till my co worker said I will buy you a bears one but don’t wear that boys hat. But was still a boys fan thru and thru. Didn’t matter to me who won even with me being from NC.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lucky him got invited. That doesn't mean he's not an Eagles fan. It is abnormal for other team's fans to show up to a different team's training camp, and stop lying. It happens but it is abnormal. Cowboys fans don't go to the Eagles training camp.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Lucky him got invited. That doesn't mean he's not an Eagles fan. It is abnormal for other team's fans to show up to a different team's training camp, and stop lying. It happens but it is abnormal. Cowboys fans don't go to the Eagles training camp.

Maybe you don't, but I'm sure there are other Cowboys fans, like the OP, who do. There's nothing wrong with it, and doing so doesn't make him an Eagles fan. He made it clear he's a Cowboys fan, and I believe the OP.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I went to the Bears/Panthers PO back when Jake D. was the QB, only because my co worker was a Bears fan and paid for my flight and hotel room that weekend and was going to wear my boys fitted hat because of how cold it was, till my co worker said I will buy you a bears one but don’t wear that boys hat. But was still a boys fan thru and thru. Didn’t matter to me who won even with me being from NC.

Exactly, obviously, I was cheering on the Cowboys during the Bears Cowboys game that weekend, but the point remains. And I've been to NFL games that didn't involve the Cowboys. Does that make me a fan of the teams? For example, I also saw that season the Texans play the Titans. Does that make me a Texans or Titans fan? Of course not!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You need to learn how to read, my fellow fan. I clearly say Dak is by far the best QB in the division.
That's not what you said. Maybe that's what you meant but that's not what you said. I can't read your mind and I don't know you from Mosses. When you say "we", that could easily mean the Eagles. Cowboys fans don't usually go to the Eagles training camp, Please forgive my mistake.

Sydla

Reaction score

You sound kind of silly at this point. Fans of other teams go to local training camps all the time. I have a buddy who lived in Thousand Oaks after he got married. He took a couple of trips out to Oxnard to watch the Cowboys camp with some co-workers who were Cowboys fans. He grew up and is still a Giants fan. If you are a fan of football, sometimes going to see a NFL practice is just fun.

basel90

Reaction score
So, I was invited to see camp by a friend who works for the Eagles. I used to go a few times back in the day when Juan Castillo was my neighbor and I was friendly with Jon Runyan. Here is what I saw.

We have, by far, the best QB in the division. Jalen Hurts still has no consistent timing with his receivers, nor does he have particularly good downfield vision. Being an Eagles fan must be frustrating, since watching AJ Brown and Davonte Smith, they clearly have real talent and speed at the WR position. Toss in Chez Watkins, and they would be very dangerous if they had a real QB.

To add to this, their offensive line is no joke. Hurts has plenty of time to make those throws, but just can't do it with any consistency. Twice he had 4+ seconds in the pocket and missed receivers who had their man beat. He did keep a few plays alive with his legs, but with that line, just throw the damn ball.

Mishnew is what he is, a capable backup.

Carson Strong threw two balls that went 65+ yards in the air, and it didn't look like he was even trying. He has the arm strength of Hercules. Too bad he has the mobility of a pregnant cow. In the right system he could be a real player. I know they want to work with him and hopes he can become the #2.

I am 6'4", 275. Jordan Mailata walked past me. I felt small.

Miles Sanders could be a #1 back, but he just gets hurt too often, and does have a bit of the fumbles. He does have the talent.

On one play, Jordan Davis destroyed a blocker, shed another, and ran one of their scat backs down from behind.

The Eagles with a real QB would have a chance to go deep in the playoffs. Right now, they will finish second in the division and go out in the first round.

Just my humble opinion based on a limited look.
Hurts is a more athletic version of Lamar Jackson , who is about to get paid 45 mil which is ridiculous. Against good defenses his passing will fail him and he will become a liability .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Eagles remind me of our team in 2016 with their Achilles heel being the QB.
If they don't do a Jerry(sign Hurts to a cap-killing contract)and draft themselves a top prospect in the upcoming NFL Draft they might be the new team to beat in the NFC.
Dak obsessed troll.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That's not what you said. Maybe that's what you meant but that's not what you said. I can't read your mind and I don't know you from Mosses. When you say "we", that could easily mean the Eagles. Cowboys fans don't usually go to the Eagles training camp, Please forgive my mistake.

1. His name is Star of Glory

2. He has an original avatar of a Dallas Cowboys helmet.

3. Immediately after stating “we” have the best QB, he followed it up by castrating Hurts:

We have, by far, the best QB in the division. Jalen Hurts still has no consistent timing with his receivers, nor does he have particularly good downfield vision.

4. He repeatedly refers to The Eagles as “They” and “Them” throughout the post:

Right now, they will finish second in the division and go out in the first round.

I know they want to work with him and hopes he can become the #2.

Toss in Chez Watkins, and they would be very dangerous if they had a real QB.

5. On top of all of that, he opens his post by hypothesizing what it must be like to be an Eagles fan:

Being an Eagles fan must be frustrating.

No mind reading required.

What happened here is you made a comprehension mistake. However, when you were corrected, instead of simply saying oops, you have doubled down in defending your original post to try and save face. Notice how no one else in this thread made the same mistake.

Sydla

Reaction score
1. His name is Star of Glory

2. He has an original avatar of a Dallas Cowboys helmet.

3. Immediately after stating “we” have the best QB, he followed it up by castrating Hurts:

We have, by far, the best QB in the division. Jalen Hurts still has no consistent timing with his receivers, nor does he have particularly good downfield vision.

4. He repeatedly refers to The Eagles as “They” and “Them” throughout the post:

Right now, they will finish second in the division and go out in the first round.

The Eagles with a real QB would have a chance to go deep in the playoffs.

Toss in Chez Watkins, and they would be very dangerous if they had a real QB.

5. On top of all of that, he opens his post by hypothesizing what it must be like to be an Eagles fan:

Being an Eagles fan must be frustrating.

What happened here is you made a comprehension mistake. However, when you were corrected, instead of simply saying oops, you have doubled down on a defensive position that’s little more than saving face.

The cowboys Star means cowboys, “they” means not “us”, and “must be” implies a hypothetical the OP can’t directly empathize with. No mind reading required.

LOL and the Eagles WR is Quez Watkkins, not Chez. No Eagles fan would mess that up.