I was eating a fish sandwich when I saw Romo's record v. good teams

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And I almost choke. And that would be a tragedy for all you mens and womans here, I know.

Romo is 6-23 when he play a team that is over .500?

Is that true?

Can one of you workaday louts dig up such a stat to discern if it is true? I hope not.

This can't possibly be true.

Holla

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And I almost choke. And that would be a tragedy for all you mens and womans here, I know.

Is that true?

Can one of you workaday louts dig up such a stat to discern if it is true? I hope not.

Holla

I guess no body here no how to do research, huh. OK, I will look for it, pedestrian mens and womens!

erod

Reaction score

Is that true?

Holla

That would be a surprising stat to me, but how many times has Romo put up 30+ points and lost? That's the story around here.

Also, keep in mind that if you lose to a team that is 1-0, that would count against him, and if he beat a team that was 0-1, that wouldn't help him.

Sounds like a highly contaminated stat to me. It should go by FINAL records, not their record at the time.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Romo or the Cowboys ?

Sorry, Pessimist. Romo.

Romo half a 6-23 record when QBing a team against other teams that are over .500.

Thx Pessimist. (Don't forget to visit me in Farmers Branch for the annual Christmas Square Dance-Athon. There will be a lot of girl females there.)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That would be a surprising stat to me, but how many times has Romo put up 30+ points and lost? That's the story around here.

You know, take away some untimely Interceptions by Romo and gift him some decent defenses and he would be a lock in the HOF.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Uh.......no?

Just off the top of my head, I can already cite many more than six. Over the course of his career, Romo beat the 13-0 Saints, 9-0 Colts, 7-5 Bengals, 5-2 Eagles, 11-4 Eagles, 11-5 Eagles, 4-1 Falcons, 2-0 Commanders, 2-0 Texans and 3-1 Seahawks. I'm sure he has many more wins, but those are ten right there. 10 > 6.

That's more than six wins against better-than-.500 teams.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Uh no?

Just off the top of my head, he beat the 13-0 Saints, 9-0 Colts, 1-0 Eagles, 5-2 Eagles, 11-4 Eagles, 11-5 Eagles and 3-2 Seahawks.

That's more than six wins.

Would the FOX game statisticianates lie? I saw that on a game grafic but I too did not belief it.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
In just recent years, the Cowboys have been bad against winning teams.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Would the FOX game statisticians lie? I saw that on a game graphic but I too did not belief it.

Well, the facts speak for themselves. I can already cite way more than six wins, and am still digging for more.

Over the course of his career, Romo beat the 13-0 Saints, 9-0 Colts, 7-5 Bengals, 5-2 Eagles, 11-4 Eagles, 11-5 Eagles, 4-1 Falcons, 2-0 Commanders, 2-0 Texans and 3-1 Seahawks.

I'm sure he has many more wins, but those are ten right there. 10 > 6.

Last edited:

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I guess no body here no how to do research, huh. OK, I will look for it, pedestrian mens and womens!

Was it a Mickey D's Filet-o-fish? Because I don't blame you, those things are too good to waste it by choking because of some crazy stat.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Would the FOX game statisticians lie? I saw that on a game graphic but I too did not belief it.

There's got to be something else involved. Maybe something was omitted. Like maybe, "Romo is 6-23 when the Cowboys rush less than twenty times against a team that is over .500?"

Maybe, "Romo is 6-23 when the Cowboys have a -3 turnover differential against a team that is over .500?"

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Well, the facts speak for themselves. I can already cite way more than six wins, and am still digging for more.

Over the course of his career, Romo beat the 13-0 Saints, 9-0 Colts, 1-0 Eagles, 5-2 Eagles, 11-4 Eagles, 11-5 Eagles, 4-1 Falcons, 2-0 Commanders, 2-0 Texans and 3-2 Seahawks.

I'm sure he has many more wins, but those are ten right there. 10 > 6.

Ok, two thinks might half happened: Mein eyes deceived me or I misread the statistic.
I will do some digging. If i had choked to death I would half sued Fox and leave all the settlments moneis to all you Forum people.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Is that true?

Holla

Was this stat before or after they put up the stat that Romo has 24 game winning drives in the 4th quarter or OT............most in the NFL since 2012...............just curious

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Maybe something was omitted. Like, "Romo is 6-23 when the Cowboys rush less than twenty times against a team that is over .500?"

Maybe, "Romo is 6-23 when the Cowboys have a -3 turnover differential against a team that is over .500?"

that stat is driving me nuts. Please, nobody here tell Romo what I half reported cause his self steam might suffer.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
What would be concerning here, if this stat is accurate, would be that since Romo took over at starter (doing rough math in head) that's somewhere around 130+ games over 8 seasons, which means in all that time the Cowboys have only played 29 games against teams over .500. How do they not win the division with HF advantage every season?