I was eating a fish sandwich when I saw Romo's record v. good teams

Red Dragon

Reaction score
that stat is driving me nuts. Please, nobody here tell Romo what I half reported cause his self steam might suffer.

I made up the stats below by the way; I'm just saying, I think the only plausible explanation is that there is some other stat involved than simply Romo playing a team above .500.

Maybe something was omitted. Like, "Romo is 6-23 when the Cowboys rush less than twenty times against a team that is over .500?"

Maybe, "Romo is 6-23 when the Cowboys have a -3 turnover differential against a team that is over .500?"

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Was this stat before or after they put up the stat that Romo has 24 game winning drives in the 4th quarter or OT............most in the NFL since 2012...............just curious

All I know was it was late in the game against Philly.
what i remember is this: that Romo, when playing teams that are .500 or better, is 6-23.
I wonder if they would break it down over the past few years or his lifetime with the Cowboys.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If someone here recorded the game on his VCR and look for that stat in the 4th quarter, maybe that would clear it up.
Someone? Anyone?

fifaguy

Reaction score
And I almost choke. And that would be a tragedy for all you mens and womans here, I know.

Romo is 6-23 when he play a team that is over .500?

Is that true?

Can one of you workaday louts dig up such a stat to discern if it is true? I hope not.

This can't possibly be true.

Holla

stay away from the fish. ask for an alligator sandwich and tell them to make it snappy..

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
All I know was it was late in the game against Philly.
what i remember is this: that Romo, when playing teams that are .500 or better, is 6-23.
I wonder if they would break it down over the past few years or his lifetime with the Cowboys.

What is Garrett's record against teams over 500?

Hint............it aint good.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Don't think anybody is going to do your homework for you.

OK, for one think my VCR half not worked for a long time. and for the second think mein time is better spent with you, the workaday Forumite in a cubicle with no good horizons other than working for the man, than studying game film.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
OK, for one think my VCR half not worked for a long time. and for the second think mein time is better spent with you, the workaday Forumite in a cubicle with no good horizons other than working for the man, than studying game film.

I haven't had a VCR since 1999.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This stat would make the Brandon Weeden faithful happy, if there were any.;)

As it is, it's wrong; because Romo has more than six comeback wins against teams with winning records (at the time they played) out of his 26 career comebacks.

This includes:

2006 over the Panthers, Colts, and Giants
2007 over the Bills and Lions
2008 over the Eagles
2009 over the Eagles
2011 over the 49ers
2012 over the Bengals and Steelers
2014 over the Texans and Seahawks

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry, Pessimist. Romo.

Romo half a 6-23 record when QBing a team against other teams that are over .500.

Thx Pessimist. (Don't forget to visit me in Farmers Branch for the annual Christmas Square Dance-Athon. There will be a lot of girl females there.)

thats pretty good considering it was Romo vs 53 opposing players.

rd26

Reaction score
My best guess, repeat GUESS would be Romo's record vs. winning teams after DEC 1

irishline

Reaction score
And I almost choke. And that would be a tragedy for all you mens and womans here, I know.

Romo is 6-23 when he play a team that is over .500?

Is that true?

Can one of you workaday louts dig up such a stat to discern if it is true? I hope not.

This can't possibly be true.

Holla

Given that Dallas went 4-2 with Romo starting in 2007 against teams above .500 and 3-5 in 2008 I am sure it's wrong based on those two years alone (since he had 7 wins (you can add the others everyone else noted and it is incredibly wrong)).

I quit after that year since I passed the 6 wins.

2007: Giants (2), Commanders, Packers
2008: Eagles, Bucs, Giants

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/