I was just wondering if it's the older fans who see what I see in Dak

Red Dragon

Reaction score
When I see Dak, I see a man who inhales oxygen.

When I see Romo, I see a man who exhales carbon dioxide.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Exactly, no one calls a reasonable stats-based criticism hate. It’s those who move the goalposts every week that constantly need to fill their agenda.
Funny thing is, even the so called Dak lovers have said things he needed to improve on or when he has had bad throws or games. I don't see the same from the other side, it's like a contest who can say the most outlandish untrue things about Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
for better or worse, just like a marriage...I'm married to this QB..I'm with Dak no matter. Until he shows me that he 100% isn't what we all hope he will be, I'm going to support him and have his back.
So you said 100%,, just curious at what percent are you right now, after evaluating and observing Dak since being drafted?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Outside of Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Brees and Mahomes, who does impress you that much?
Well that's the majority, but there are still a few outside of that tier..
Lamar should be in that group, you left him out..
So just to clean up after the elite tier 1.
Tier 2
Dak probably leads the top of Tier 2 group, but only because of age.
Big Ben... still
Tannehill... maybe refreshing to be out of Miami, as witnessed last season.
Stafford... Still got some gas in the tank
There is still an unsigned Cam Newton floating around, waiting.
Your point is obvious, and it has been for decades, there are only a few top tier every year, year in year out.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Sorry my cowboy brother but I have no respect for the young man. San Fran keeps running they win that Super Bowl. As much as I want to Kansas City to win good because I don’t want San Francisco to get another ring. Mahomes would’ve gone down as a total choke. Three Hail Marys bailed him out.
Sorry, but that's crazy talk if you don't recognize Mahomes "elite" skill set.
No respect for talent is just being blind.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I was just about to say this. It's literally his best quality. If you want to gripe about foot work, and being slow at going through progressions, that's fine. Though he's considerably better at both of those things now, than in year 1, and 2. I think he's a pretty darn good QB. Better than I expected, which was very litte.
All this talk about leadership is just BS, this isn't college, HS football.
You become a leader in the NFL by what you do in games, not what you say.. Rah Rah nonsense.
Daks biggest asset was when he was allowed to make a decision and unleash his running abilities, but that was leashed.
There is a time and place that you take advantage of safe open real estate, even the old dogs in the league do it.
That needs to be given back to Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He was good the first year until they figured him out. DC's tell CB's to play the RB on ball fakes because Dak doesn't react fast enough to an open receiver so you'll have time to recover and contest the catch. He reminds me of that line from "Searching for Bobby Ficsher, don't move 'til you see it," only this isn't chess and it takes dak too long to see it.
That's clear view game study, and what all the labeled, so called "haters" have already identified.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm 53- almost 54 years old. I have been a fan of the Cowboys since the early 70's- when I was old enough to know about them.
I've seen the likes of Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Pat Haden, Danny White, Joe Montana, Brian Sipe, Dan Pastorini, Craig Morton, John Elway, Joe Theismann, Billy Kilmer, Ron Jaworski, Doug Williams, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, and others like Brett Favre on their best and worst days.
It's not that Dak can't learn. He's a great athlete.
But I don't see in him the instincts of any of the quarterbacks I just mentioned in regards to leadership skills and making a team better.
I'm just curious if it's the older generation that sees what I see?
One thing Dak does better is that he doesn't throw many interceptions, but I am not sure if that comes from the fact that he strictly follows the route tree or is just more aware.
But he doesn't seem to have "it" when it comes to leadership.
But is it the older guys who see what I see?
Just curious.
Interesting but invalid premise to use age as a point of validity. I am 68 and have followed the Cowboys since their inception. It doesn't make me a better fan or judge of talent. You bring up several points that have been hashed out so many times. that it just seems you are finding rationalizations to validate your distaste of Dak. He is one of the strongest "leaders" I have seen in a while. And then you redefine the word leadership. Say what you mean or learn to say it a different way. Your tactics wouldn't stand up in a philosophy class or in a scholarly debate. Your post is a meandering, loose assortment of statements.
We all want to see the Cowboys win another title. I'm not sure that's what you are about except to be self serving with click bait. You left Cowboy land a while back to follow the Vikings. You are not a true Cowboy fan. Take a hike.
Edited

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I'm 49 and can clearly see how good, talented and valuable Dak is. Dak definitely has among the best leadership skills, definitely makes the team better and most certainly has the "it" factor. I'm not the only one who sees and believes this.

So does Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, Mike McCarthy, Will McClay, all of the Cowboys coaches, staff and players, other highly successful/knowledgeable and experienced coaches like Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Sean McVay, Jason Garrett, Mike Martz, Rob Ryan, Jimmy Johnson, lifelong one of the best scouts ever Gil Brandt, etc and even other ex-players like Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Deion Sanders, Kurt Warner, LaDainian Tomlinson, etc and many more.

Everyone sees how Dak has gotten so much better every year. In my respectful opinion, maybe you simply don't want to see what the greatest minds in NFL football see?
What makes him a great leader?

kskboys

Reaction score
Funny thing is, even the so called Dak lovers have said things he needed to improve on or when he has had bad throws or games. I don't see the same from the other side, it's like a contest who can say the most outlandish untrue things about Dak.
Sadly humorous.

Swagger

Reaction score
All this talk about leadership is just BS, this isn't college, HS football.
You become a leader in the NFL by what you do in games, not what you say.. Rah Rah nonsense.
Daks biggest asset was when he was allowed to make a decision and unleash his running abilities, but that was leashed.
There is a time and place that you take advantage of safe open real estate, even the old dogs in the league do it.
That needs to be given back to Dak.

I agree.

Maybe the contract situation as well has made him less reluctant to his legs.

He's at his best when taking what a defense gives him with his legs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Tier 2
Big Ben... still
Your point is obvious, and it has been for decades, there are only a few top tier every year, year in year out.
To late to edit, so I will by replying to my own post...lol
Watson of course has to be here, probably bottom of tier 1, or definitely top of tier 2.

Swagger

Reaction score
I agree.

Maybe the contract situation as well has made him less reluctant to his legs.

He's at his best when taking what a defense gives him with his legs.

* more reluctant not less reluctant sorry

Hadenough

Reaction score
Come on he was horrible during the entire playoffs last season. Hail Mary’s. Throwing behind the receivers. Aiming the football. Terry Bradshaw was right. He was a blessed quarterback. I think he’s just another Aaron Rodgers media lover boy. His story hasn’t been written yet either. Only time is going to tell about either quarterback. One has a system one has Jason Garrett. His touchdowns came off great receiving skills. Hail Mary’s
:lmao2:Thats funny!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Tier 2
Big Ben... still
I would put Cousins, Ryan, Wentz and Goff at the top of tier two over Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I would put Cousins, Ryan, Wentz and Goff at the top of tier two over Dak.
yes,, I was rushed when posting that,, trying to order pizza at the same time as posting that,, for my knuckle headed twin nephews birthday party,,, lol
Those 4 definitely need to be there,,, thank you

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:lmao2:Thats funny!
Did you actually watch the Super Bowl. Because if you did and you think he played well I can no longer take anything you say with integrity when it comes to quarterback play

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry, but that's crazy talk if you don't recognize Mahomes "elite" skill set.
No respect for talent is just being blind.
No I don’t recognize his elite skill set any more than Prescott.And that’s the point.