I was just wondering if it's the older fans who see what I see in Dak

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Interesting but invalid premise to use age as a point of validity. I am 68 and have followed the Cowboys since their inception. It doesn't make me a better fan or judge of talent. You bring up several points that have been hashed out so many times. that it just seems you are finding rationalizations to validate your distaste of Dak. He is one of the strongest "leaders" I have seen in a while. And then you redefine the word leadership. Say what you mean or learn to say it a different way. Your tactics wouldn't stand up in a philosophy class or in a scholarly debate. Your post is a meandering, loose assortment of statements.
We all want to see the Cowboys win another title. I'm not sure that's what you are about except to be self serving with click bait. You left Cowboy land a while back to follow the Vikings. You are not a true Cowboy fan. Take a hike.
Edited
don't try to rationalize with an alcoholic, former prison patron....he is nothing but a troll

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm in your boat.....fan since the 70's Landry era. Dak has leadership qualities in spades. What he seems to lack is the ability to complete the clutch throws with games on the line. He didn't lead the team to single 4th quarter comeback last season. He's no Staubach or Aikman.

For me, I look at a Qb surrounded by more talent than any QB in the NFL...... and the offense was still stuck in the mud or unable to produce, particularly against the good teams. There is a legitimate debate about how much of that was coaching and how much of that was Dak. My hope is that he plays on the tag this year so we can finally see how much of the team's 8-8 failure last season was on Garret and his coaching staff.
so what does leadership have to do with 4th qauarter come backs? I don't get the connection.....

and is all the wins/losses, comebacks, no comebacks on Dak. there is nobody else on offense, defense, special teams or coaches who should be held accountable for wins and losses....

and in 2019 he wasn't surrounded by more talent than any other QB in the NFL and he produced the best offense in the league, so how's that stuck in the mud?....in previous years, he didn't have the type of talent that you are referncing...or do you expect him to also lift the defense? the kicker? the coach? the special teams?

I can easily point to 2-3 games last year, where bone headed coaching decisions cost us games....its not that hard. I can point to at least 10-15 of those without digging over his career....coaching doomed us badly. Dak having accomplished what he has, with this scheme, coaching is amazing onto itself.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm 53- almost 54 years old. I have been a fan of the Cowboys since the early 70's- when I was old enough to know about them.
I've seen the likes of Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Pat Haden, Danny White, Joe Montana, Brian Sipe, Dan Pastorini, Craig Morton, John Elway, Joe Theismann, Billy Kilmer, Ron Jaworski, Doug Williams, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, and others like Brett Favre on their best and worst days.
It's not that Dak can't learn. He's a great athlete.
But I don't see in him the instincts of any of the quarterbacks I just mentioned in regards to leadership skills and making a team better.
I'm just curious if it's the older generation that sees what I see?
One thing Dak does better is that he doesn't throw many interceptions, but I am not sure if that comes from the fact that he strictly follows the route tree or is just more aware.
But he doesn't seem to have "it" when it comes to leadership.
But is it the older guys who see what I see?
Just curious.
Some of the QBs you lump in with guys like Staubach, Montana, Elway, Moon, Favre and Aikman crack me up. Pat Haden? lol Jaworski? Morton? Sipe? Many were solid NFL QB's, although I don't know if I would give Haden that much credit, but not remotely in the same ballpark.

leeblair

Reaction score
Some of the QBs you lump in with guys like Staubach, Montana, Elway, Moon, Favre and Aikman crack me up. Pat Haden? lol Jaworski? Morton? Sipe? Many were solid NFL QB's, although I don't know if I would give Haden that much credit, but not remotely in the same ballpark.
Which speaks volumes about Dak's lack of instincts.
I readily admit some of those guys were lesser players, but one thing they ALL had in common is that they were accustomed to fighting to win, and were the leaders on their teams because they demanded that their teams play well.
Dak doesn't do that. If the Cowboys lose or are not playing well, Dak doesn't make them become better.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I readily admit some of those guys were lesser players, but one thing they ALL had in common is that they were accustomed to fighting to win, and were the leaders on their teams because they demanded that their teams play well.
Dak doesn't do that. If the Cowboys lose or are not playing well, Dak doesn't make them become better.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

so you want to gloat about your leadership abilities as you did in the past....like leading a girls t-ball team to a championship...remember that gloat, where you said you know leadership, years ago before Dak...when you criticized garrett's leadership, Romo's leadership.... yeah, the BS of the past, and your discretions will live with you for ever.

you are nothing. a nobody. a loser, a TROLL. begging. openly begging for attention with something you have absolutely no clue about.

so gloat about your past leadership, having lead a big business and leading men, claiming you know how to lead men...remember? or perhaps you forgot given you probably were drunk most of the time.....you forget about your past....

you were exposed to be a dry waller (noble profession), small business owner, who got sued for using cheap Chinese dry wall....

tell me if any of the above is not true...I dare you...I will expose you...you can't escape public information....;)

crawl back to your basement...

p.s.

tell me why you kids don't ever call you or talk to you?

kskboys

Reaction score
Problem is, you've convinced yourself of this, so your mind is narrow and nothing is going to change it.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Every Dak detractor here had better apologize after he wins his 7th Super Bowl ring.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Did you actually watch the Super Bowl. Because if you did and you think he played well I can no longer take anything you say with integrity when it comes to quarterback play
Mahomes played the #1 defense in the league and yes threw 2 ints but in the end he led his team to victory on the biggest stage by throwing 2 TDs. That 49ers defense really put a whippin on Rodgers and the Packers. Wait til Dak plays the 49ers this year. Don't you go hiding from me.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mahomes played the #1 defense in the league and yes threw 2 ints but in the end he led his team to victory on the biggest stage by throwing 2 TDs. That 49ers defense really put a whippin on Rodgers and the Packers. Wait til Dak plays the 49ers this year. Don't you go hiding from me.
He was throwing in front of receivers. He was throwing behind receivers. He was actually aiming the football at one point. He threw up to hail Mary’s. For touchdowns. The MVP should’ve gone to the wide receiver. He found The ball in flight. Great job. Mahomes is blessed in that game. Yes great defense he chokes. Did the same thing to the patriots

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can’t wait for that game. I hope Prescott and his team come out like he did his rookie season. Can’t wait to see what McCarthy does

Swagger

Reaction score
goff? goff, that goff...did you say goff...its just goff

did you say cousins...that cousins...cousins...really cousins....I can't believe I read cousins...

Goff had one of the worst o-lines in the league last season. It was depleted for various reasons. Gurley and supposed college star Henderson both averaged 3.8 yards behind that line. Goff was excellent the season before and the Rams reached the SB. I'm not even a fan of his but the facts need to be spelled out to some people.

Prescott plays in a more explosive offense yet Cousins has better numbers than him the last two seasons. Again not even a fan of Cousins but let's not make out as though Prescott is Peyton Manning and Cousins is Brian Hoyer.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Goff had one of the worst o-lines in the league last season. It was depleted for various reasons. Gurley and supposed college star Henderson both averaged 3.8 yards behind that line. Goff was excellent the season before and the Rams reached the SB. I'm not even a fan of his but the facts need to be spelled out to some people.

Prescott plays in a more explosive offense yet Cousins has better numbers than him the last two seasons. Again not even a fan of Cousins but let's not make out as though Prescott is Peyton Manning and Cousins is Brian Hoyer.
how does Prescott play in a more explosive offense...goff prior to McVay sucked. McVay resurrected his career and the offense.

Prescott was handicapped by garrett, linehan and last year a first time OC, with total of 2 years coaching experience...he had Amari, who was injured, gallup took a leap forward, but he did it with Dak, the year before he was average. we had Witten!!! woo hoo..

so not sure what part of the offense, offensive scheme you see as explosive?

cousins has had good supporting players, better coaching, how much better has he been really?

everyone dismisses the coach/scheme/play call effect as if they are non trivial and irrelevant...as you like to point to it, all you have to do is look at goff before and after mcvay

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I'm 53- almost 54 years old. I have been a fan of the Cowboys since the early 70's- when I was old enough to know about them.
I've seen the likes of Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Pat Haden, Danny White, Joe Montana, Brian Sipe, Dan Pastorini, Craig Morton, John Elway, Joe Theismann, Billy Kilmer, Ron Jaworski, Doug Williams, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, and others like Brett Favre on their best and worst days.
It's not that Dak can't learn. He's a great athlete.
But I don't see in him the instincts of any of the quarterbacks I just mentioned in regards to leadership skills and making a team better.
I'm just curious if it's the older generation that sees what I see?
One thing Dak does better is that he doesn't throw many interceptions, but I am not sure if that comes from the fact that he strictly follows the route tree or is just more aware.
But he doesn't seem to have "it" when it comes to leadership.
But is it the older guys who see what I see?
Just curious.
I am older than you and I see what is reality. 3 Pro Bowls in 4 years, 2 playoff appearances with a playoff win in 4 years, no losing seasons (since Jr. High as a starting QB), improved every year as a QB, unquestioned team leader, and Witten came back knowing Dak was at QB (he is Romo's BFF). Finally, because Dak was coached by inferior coaching shows why Dak is about as bullet proof as you can get for a franchise QB that started out as a 4th round pick. Dak went 13-3 as a rookie with a team built for Romo whose best season with a record 13 Pro Bowlers was 13-3. Then look at the stats which even when manipulated against Dak (ie. losing record vs. winning teams in 2019) are anomalies without lasting trends.

So, when Dak Prescott leads the Cowboys to another playoff appearance in 2020 and gets another playoff win, then the prophecy can be fulfilled..."Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped."

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can’t wait for that game. I hope Prescott and his team come out like he did his rookie season. Can’t wait to see what McCarthy does
I am excited to see if McCarthy can right things and help this offense. I want to see some game planning specific and in game adjustment.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am excited to see if McCarthy can right things and help this offense. I want to see some game planning specific and in game adjustment.
I just have a personal thing that I don’t like Mahomes. Yeah he’s definitely a top-five quarterback. But that’s not saying much either. I train with a two time Super Bowl running back. And the point is he doesn’t like him either LOL