I was just wondering if it's the older fans who see what I see in Dak

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am excited to see if McCarthy can right things and help this offense. I want to see some game planning specific and in game adjustment.
I special teams really I think was the worst in the league . I don’t think we started one drive on the opponents side of the field last season. I could be wrong but that’s what it seemed like

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But Prescott's skill set is more like Alex Smith or Case Keenum. Mahomes skill set is a mix of Rodgers and young Brady.
I’m not a fan of Aaron Rodgers either. I don’t like his attitude. Yes top-five quarterback. I think Prescott’s first season if he can repeat that top-five quarterback. I truly believe the kid is a winner

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Which speaks volumes about Dak's lack of instincts.
I readily admit some of those guys were lesser players, but one thing they ALL had in common is that they were accustomed to fighting to win, and were the leaders on their teams because they demanded that their teams play well.
Dak doesn't do that. If the Cowboys lose or are not playing well, Dak doesn't make them become better.
If you could only look past whatever issue you’re having with Prescott is you realize he’s not as bad as what you think he is. And they were actually lucky to have him . Instinct against Philly hitting Jason Witten in the Endzone the classic Tony Romo spin move. Imagine it was Prescott that through Jason Witten and does Bryant the first ever played a touchdown passes. I’m 10 years older than you. I can just about remember the games in the 60s. You must’ve been in diapers. Baby Genius LMAO yeah you really knew about football then

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of the QBs you lump in with guys like Staubach, Montana, Elway, Moon, Favre and Aikman crack me up. Pat Haden? lol Jaworski? Morton? Sipe? Many were solid NFL QB's, although I don't know if I would give Haden that much credit, but not remotely in the same ballpark.
I’m 10 years older than he is. And I can’t remember the games from the 60s. He must’ve been in diapers. Just a troll in my opinion

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm 53- almost 54 years old. I have been a fan of the Cowboys since the early 70's- when I was old enough to know about them.
I've seen the likes of Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Pat Haden, Danny White, Joe Montana, Brian Sipe, Dan Pastorini, Craig Morton, John Elway, Joe Theismann, Billy Kilmer, Ron Jaworski, Doug Williams, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, and others like Brett Favre on their best and worst days.
So you mention Sipe, Kilmer, Pastorini, Haden and Morton among some of the greatest in terms of having intangibles?

Well, there is part of your issue. And Prescott is not inferior to any of them so far in that regard.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
If there were a 150-year old Cowboys fan, he would look at Dak and see bling bling bling

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I'm 53- almost 54 years old. I have been a fan of the Cowboys since the early 70's- when I was old enough to know about them.
I've seen the likes of Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Pat Haden, Danny White, Joe Montana, Brian Sipe, Dan Pastorini, Craig Morton, John Elway, Joe Theismann, Billy Kilmer, Ron Jaworski, Doug Williams, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, and others like Brett Favre on their best and worst days.
It's not that Dak can't learn. He's a great athlete.
But I don't see in him the instincts of any of the quarterbacks I just mentioned in regards to leadership skills and making a team better.
I'm just curious if it's the older generation that sees what I see?
One thing Dak does better is that he doesn't throw many interceptions, but I am not sure if that comes from the fact that he strictly follows the route tree or is just more aware.
But he doesn't seem to have "it" when it comes to leadership.
But is it the older guys who see what I see?
Just curious.
I'm 52 and I don't agree with that assessment.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It's not that Dak can't learn. He's a great athlete.
But I don't see in him the instincts of any of the quarterbacks I just mentioned in regards to leadership skills and making a team better.
I'm just curious if it's the older generation that sees what I see?
One thing Dak does better is that he doesn't throw many interceptions, but I am not sure if that comes from the fact that he strictly follows the route tree or is just more aware.
But he doesn't seem to have "it" when it comes to leadership.
But is it the older guys who see what I see?
Just curious.

It Depends, grandpa. But it might be about the great number of medications you take that is the financial ruin of all of us!
Shut up and eat your oatmeal!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which speaks volumes about Dak's lack of instincts.
I readily admit some of those guys were lesser players, but one thing they ALL had in common is that they were accustomed to fighting to win, and were the leaders on their teams because they demanded that their teams play well.
Dak doesn't do that. If the Cowboys lose or are not playing well, Dak doesn't make them become better.
No, it speaks volumes about your lack of objectivity. I suspect you are looking at guys who played at a time when you were very young and you are remembering and magining them as being better than they were, and of course modern players cannot compete with what your imagination Can conjure up of a time of youthful exuberance.

As far as leadership and “fighting to win” goes, that is something that even most Dak detractors concede Dak has. That is widely viewed as one of his strength’s as a QB, and apparently you are too biased to allow yourself a realistic view.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m 10 years older than he is. And I can’t remember the games from the 60s. He must’ve been in diapers. Just a troll in my opinion
He said he has been a fan since the early 70’s, but even then, you are right about how young he would have been. But most of the QBs he mentioned were playing at least in the late 70s or beyond.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I special teams really I think was the worst in the league . I don’t think we started one drive on the opponents side of the field last season. I could be wrong but that’s what it seemed like
1 drive we only had 1 drive start in the opposing teams side of the field. A super bowl team like the chiefs in the playoffs against the texans literally had 3 drives in a row start in the opposing side of the field.

kskboys

Reaction score
Mahomes doesn’t have half the Moxie As John Elway. Please don’t compare the two it’s an embarrassing.
He might be better. And he has more moxie. What's embarrassing is you not realizing the talent of Mahomes.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He might be better. And he has more moxie. What's embarrassing is you not realizing the talent of Mahomes.
I think the kid is overrated so. And so do a lot of professional football players. So . He loses the Super Bowl like he should have. The way he was throwing the ball. He would’ve totally been exposed. Although I’m glad Kansas City won because I don’t want San Francisco to have another ring

kskboys

Reaction score
I think the kid is overrated so. And so do a lot of professional football players. So . He loses the Super Bowl like he should have. The way he was throwing the ball. He would’ve totally been exposed. Although I’m glad Kansas City won because I don’t want San Francisco to have another ring
You know Whirly, I'm fine w/ that. I have no problem w/ your opinion, and I agree he sucked for 3 quarters in the super bowl. What was really unnecessary was the "embarrassed" thingie. If you think about it, that's a personal insult, and there was nor reason for it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You know Whirly, I'm fine w/ that. I have no problem w/ your opinion, and I agree he sucked for 3 quarters in the super bowl. What was really unnecessary was the "embarrassed" thingie. If you think about it, that's a personal insult, and there was nor reason for it.
I’m not sure what you’re referring to. I apologize if I said something that was out of line.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do recognize the talent of my homes. I also recognize the talent of Prescott. There’s just distichs which most people don’t like her almost identical if that Prescott is better. But I’d like most people don’t really agree with the statistics. It takes an entire team I know we both know that. And I really believe this new coach can put us right where we need to be in Prescott can take us there. I truly believe that. I just don’t like Mahomes I don’t like the way he throws his players under the bus I think he’s got a big head from the media I do recognize the talent of Mahomes. I also recognize the talent of Prescott. There’s just distichs which most people don’t like her almost identical if that Prescott is better. But I’d like most people don’t really agree with the statistics. It takes an entire team I know we both know that. And I really believe this new coach can put us right where we need to be in Prescott can take us there. I truly believe that. I just don’t like Mahomes I don’t like the way he throws his players under the bus I think he’s got a big head from the media