I was not impressed at all last night

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. A quality NFL team would have smoked Cowboys last night. Still its a win and I always felt Dallas season would come down to this 7 game stretch against solid NFL teams.

Oh come'on!

How many "quality teams" are there anymore?

Not many.

And how many times have we seen so called "quality teams" play well one week and crap the bed the next?

*cough*GreenBay*cough*NewEngland*cough*

Way too critical over the Cowboys win last night.

lwehlers

Reaction score
A win is a win and they needed it last night. That said it was not a good win at all. The Giants are terrible and that game was up for grabs in the 4th. Bad penalties, Cobb drops, bad turnovers, ST screw ups, and strange play calling was all on display. I will also say I think other than a couple big plays the secondary stunk. Chido is so overrated in these parts. Lewis shouldn’t play over Brown he should play over Chido. I think NE is going to expose these clowns in a couple weeks.

Was anyone impressed with last night?

great win but I also agree it could have been better. the first quarter was bad. it was as bad as the jets game. at least they got going by the end of the second quarter. if the cowboys get off to a slow start against the Vikings they will lose next week.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
A win is a win and they needed it last night. That said it was not a good win at all. The Giants are terrible and that game was up for grabs in the 4th. Bad penalties, Cobb drops, bad turnovers, ST screw ups, and strange play calling was all on display. I will also say I think other than a couple big plays the secondary stunk. Chido is so overrated in these parts. Lewis shouldn’t play over Brown he should play over Chido. I think NE is going to expose these clowns in a couple weeks.

Was anyone impressed with last night?
Not really, we play up or down to our level of competition.
Maybe we are overrated?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm with you, but the second half was good. More importantly, the defense took over the game, which was good to see.

We'll know all we need to know after the Vikings and Patriots. That'll tell us who the Cowboys really are.

We already know what they are. Probably the most talented team in the NFL that is horribly coached and inconsistent. How good the defense is with Bennett in there I'm not quite sure about.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm amazed at people who continue to follow a team that makes them miserable, even when they win by 19 points.

And apparently a mere 19 points win makes them so miserable, they have to start a seperate thread about how unhappy they are.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I'm really sick of this "impressed" narrative that seems to be so media driven. Football as in life, does not always go by design. Yes, certain teams are playing better than others on any given week and some are showing great consistency but even that changes. In any competition there are so many variables at play.. matchups, history, game flo..

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Oh come'on!

How many "quality teams" are there anymore?

Not many.

And how many times have we seen so called "quality teams" play well one week and crap the bed the next?

*cough*GreenBay*cough*NewEngland*cough*

Way too critical over the Cowboys win last night.

All of the teams left on the Cowboys schedule have games where they look amazing and front runners for the playoffs or Superbowl and then games where they had a dud and look like they have weaknesses that could be exposed causing them to lose a game.

No team has looked flawless not even the Niners or Patriots have looked flawless against lower tier teams.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm with you, but the second half was good. More importantly, the defense took over the game, which was good to see.

We'll know all we need to know after the Vikings and Patriots. That'll tell us who the Cowboys really are.
The defense should have taken over. The Giants have a bad offensive line with a rookie quarterback.
Giants defense was awful too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I was.
this game started out similar to the jets game.
but unlike that game,they were able to get their footing.
lotta opportunities to blow it.
they didnt.
credit to them.
it wasnt perfect but it doesnt have to be.
just win.
thats all that counts.
screw style points.
its november now.
:starspin:WIN:starspin:

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I will never complain about a win however I too was not impressed. Garrett coached Cowboys are just 5-5 after bye weeks, a true indictment on state of mediocrity that has been this team.